MMA Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fighters are not happy about it. Half the posts ob /r/mma now are tweets from fighters ripping the deal. Brendan Schaub said he's made 6 figures in sponsorship for each of his last 6 fights.

This is a complete fucking shitshow.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_97706.jpg

The Super Samoan Goes on a Stipe Hunt | FIGHTLAND

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Fighters are not happy about it. Half the posts ob /r/mma now are tweets from fighters ripping the deal. Brendan Schaub said he's made 6 figures in sponsorship for each of his last 6 fights.

If that's the case the UFC will have to pull the deal, or face losing all of their important fighters to other competitors.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If that's the case the UFC will have to pull the deal, or face losing all of their important fighters to other competitors.
Are you arguing that the top UFC fighters are looking to transfer Bellator et all?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anthony Pettis is out of his fight with Myles Jury. Because there was a stiff breeze near his home or something, who knows. Edson Barboza stepping in, good shit.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>

Are you arguing that the top UFC fighters are looking to transfer Bellator et all?
If you pull all, or at least some/most of their sponsers, what possible reason would you think Olympic level super competitors would waste their time? Maybe they go somewhere else, maybe MMA dies as a sport. There are a lot of poor amatures aspiring to be greats, but I don't think there will be that many if you take away whats expected to come with the territory. Hello Glory, Bellator et all...

Zitar

Silver Knight of the Realm
The crazy thing isn't the low level guy getting 2.5k, it's the mid-level vets who were making 50k+ in sponsors now making 5-10k. Most the guys that are actually drawing fan interest and selling tickets and ppv buys are taking a massive hit. However the UFC has these guys by the balls and they know it. The few times there was any push back from fighters, like the video game stuff, the UFC steamrolled them. The fighters simply won't band together and push back so they will be rolled over.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That chart is really cool. And holy shit does it point out how little Cain has fought. I mean I get it, the HW division sucks balls and he would most likely walk through all of them, but he has only fought 2 of the guys in the top 10. Christ.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yup, it also underlines how dominant Mighty Mouse, Bones, and Ronda are as champs. Though of course Ronda is fighting scrubs, but still beating the best they have to offer.

Also it really made me realize for the first time that Luke Rockhold shouldreallybe fighting for the belt.

Also, even though we all knew it, it shows what a fucked up position Faber is in. He beats everyone they put in front of him who doesn't have a belt.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
i always pull for faber, seems like a good hearted fun guy, but can hit that switch and go deadly.

he honestly seems like the dude that would be hitting the 8 foot bong at the party.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Faber has had some really bad luck in some of his fights. The barao rematch where he gave the thumbs up to the judge and the judge stopped the fight was kind of BS. And in WEC when he was fighting mike brown and he broke his right hand in the first round and dislocated his left thumb in a subsequent round, finishing the fight by throwing elbows for the rest. Pretty hard not to root for the guy, but when he gets dominated by a belt holder, it's hard to see him getting outside his perennial number one contender spot.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Hadn't seen this posted yet and given the medieval fighting vid I figured it would fit

uhhhh not sure how i feel about this, seems like it has some potential? id like to see the UFC throw some kinda event where they held something like this with their fighters, some of those 2on1 situations are funny as hell like full mounted being ground and pounded while being kicked in the head GG