MMA Thread

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Brock wasn't amazing and had some interesting phrases but I don't know if I'd put him in the same league of bad as Rampage. He DID teach his guys something at least. Not sure I could say that about Rampage.
yeah I'd say Brock was in the middle as a coach. he definitely tried and I think he helped his team. It was funny watching him move around his team though. He was so much bigger than they were.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Who knows about Dana's shit. It's probably off and they are trying to work some shit behind the scenes with Phil Davis, Wandy, or Glover. The Swedish docs said there is a 99% chance he won't fight. I really want to see this fight as well...it's actually the only fight I'd care about seeing besides Jones vs. Sonnen but who knows. It's a shame the card sucks so bad to the average fight fan. Ross Pearson and Ryan Couture aren't headline material. Good luck selling that one. Connor McGregor shouldn't be a facebook prelim either. WTF is that about.

Renault

N00b
I wouldn't be shocked at all if he did. He's broken most of the records other then Silva's title reign, about the only thing he could do at this point to improve his legacy is winning a second belt, meaning a fight with Silva essentially, which only Couture and Penn have done in the UFC. He's probably getting tired of having to maintain such an intense training regimen and peak physical shape and after the knee surgery he might want to go out before he has something worse occur. Considering how rich he is by now there isn't much reason for him to keep fighting unless he's going to do a superfight or just try and pad the numbers on his record.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe it would be a good thing for him if Hendricks were to beat him. Could possibly get him motivated to go on another run.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fighters in all sports are always talking about retiring. Until they are actually out of the sport for a few years I don't pay any attention to it. Remember a couple years ago Silva was retiring?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone read what he actually did to him? Just stunned + bruised or actual damage?

Glad to see Bubba go, but that was brutal.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So that Rumble/Arlovski fight: 1st round went 8 seconds long. That 8 seconds is when Rumble tagged him and really fucked him up. How does a timekeeper fuck up that bad? He hit the 10 second warning right, and then just fell asleep. Seriously fucked up.

Anyways, picks are up for this weekend so go make 'em.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
So that Rumble/Arlovski fight: 1st round went 8 seconds long. That 8 seconds is when Rumble tagged him and really fucked him up. How does a timekeeper fuck up that bad? He hit the 10 second warning right, and then just fell asleep. Seriously fucked up.

Anyways, picks are up for this weekend so go make 'em.
That was news the day after it happened.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
This is Gustafson today...needless to say Dana is pissed.

rrr_img_19571.jpg

Renault

N00b
They should have just pushed the fight back a couple weeks so his cut could fully heal. The overall card is so weak though I doubt they could just drop the main event without pissing off everyone that bought tickets.

Derivator_sl

shitlord
They probably wanted another Swede in to replace Gustafsson since the event is in Sweden. Kind of a dumb way to get Mousasi started in the UFC, hopefully it's still a good fight and we see more Mousasi, I was so disappointed with the Mo and Jardine fights. His fight vs Mo really highlighted the differences between UFC and Japanese scoring to me, I miss JMMA and K-1.
frown.png