MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Heh, that chick is going to get eaten alive. I don't know why the UFC is trying to force a 145 division when there is exactly 1 good female fighter there.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yea that chick has an 8-2 record but looks like it's against a bunch of cans, though not like 145 division is knee deep in talent anyways. She is a big bitch though at 6 foot tall and a longer reach than Cyborg, but Cyborg is half woman half man so more than likely gonna wreck her.

This part made me lol though:
UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.

Unless your name is Conor McGregor. Then you can keep your belt and go fight Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match. Or if your name is Michael Bisping and you want to fight the #14 ranked fighter who's gonna retire win or lose and then another fighter who's been retired for 3 years and has never fought at that particular weight class. Or if your name is Demetrious Johnson and UFC wants you to fight someone that isn't in your weight class and has never fought there. I could go on all day lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

Conor is some sort of special case, UFC is getting paid, but i have not seen real numbers.

i really love to UFC have a champs have to fight once every 6 months.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Speaking of trains, a kid in town tried to race a train with his bike today and it didn't really work out for him. I feel bad, but I also feel like 9 times out of 10 if you got hit by a train it's because you were a fucking idiot.
What was the train line called?, The Darwin Express?
Conor is some sort of special case, UFC is getting paid, but i have not seen real numbers.

i really love to UFC have a champs have to fight once every 6 months.
it's not a special case, it's pure favortism, and $$$ obviously, Conor has two belts to strip, they only stripped the one he:
1. could never make weight for again
2. don't want to destroy
13SECONDS!!!
WhimsicalDeepHoopoe.gif

He has a second belt to strip, but they let him keep it so just so that it legitimizes the Floyd fight, champ v. champ

Last edited:

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
UFC 213 on July 8th is a crazy good card. 6 headliner-esque fights.

Women's Bantamweight Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Valentina Shevchenko [bantam championship]
Middleweight Yoel Romero vs. Robert Whittaker [middleweight interim]
Welterweight Robbie Lawler vs. Donald Cerrone
Heavyweight Fabricio Werdum vs. Alistair Overeem
Lightweight Anthony Pettis vs. Jim Miller
Heavyweight Travis Browne vs. Oleksiy Oliynyk

Welterweight Jordan Mein vs. Belal Muhammad
Welterweight Chad Laprise vs. Brian Camozzi
Middleweight Thiago Santos vs. Gerald Meerschaert
Bantamweight Douglas Silva de Andrade vs. Rob Font
Heavyweight Daniel Omielańczuk vs. Curtis Blaydes

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I trained with Gerald for a few years when he began, I'll bet money he takes #1 and become a champion. Guy is a phenom and will absolutely break people.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
So with Yoel and Whittaker, is Bisping going to defend against the interim, or winner of Bisping/GSP? At the same time, Gegard is getting hosed as usual... None of this makes sense...

With Gegard, I think he's just waiting until last minute to sign with the UFC to try and squeeze a better offer. He's thirsty for that UFC title run.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well it sure as shit should be Bisping vs the winner, but who knows what kind of stupid nonsense the UFC will come up with.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well it sure as shit should be Bisping vs the winner, but who knows what kind of stupid nonsense the UFC will come up with.

At the rate the UFC has been going the last few years, I'm expecting a TLC match any month now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

think if Conor returns for end of the year fight, will be Bisping vs winner
but if his doesn't, will be gsp
think that will be only way they will get the buy rate they want.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I trained with Gerald for a few years when he began, I'll bet money he takes #1 and become a champion. Guy is a phenom and will absolutely break people.
fuck it i have no attachment to thiago, let's make Gerald our FOH pony
gerald-meerschaert-ufc-fight-night-105-2.jpg

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Werdum rematch we have all been waiting for.

This fight should prove who is who AND who is where.

Most people consider this a bad time for the Werdum Overeem rematch. Quite the opposite. This fight will say A LOT about both fighters. Its a huge huge fight with huge implications. I can't remember a HW fight with this much riding on it for both fighters.

There is so much history there. This is the fight that will dictate who is the journeyman, and who is the champion.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
All these badass fighters with black belts.. getting their shit beat in by a guy with an extremely small skillset.

Get 'em Stipe.

• 1Solidarity

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
If the HW division actually had an active top 5 it would be interesting to watch. Cain Valasquez is injured, Ben Rothwell is doping, JDS needs a new coach or just retire, and Josh Barnett is MIA. Werdum and Overeem rematch is good. We just need more legit HW actively fighting to build some hype.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All these badass fighters with black belts.. getting their shit beat in by a guy with an extremely small skillset.

Get 'em Stipe.
To be fair, the HW division seems like they have all lost their minds and all they try and do is box these days. Stipe has a good amateur boxing record which puts him in the elite of MMA punchers with Cody Garbrandt and Conor and maybe my skinny bay James Vick.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did you forget Overeem fought and defeated Badr Hari and Gokhan Saki in their prime at their own sport? Sure, Overeem looked terrible against Stipe, but using his amateur record to call him an elite MMA puncher is quite a stretch.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Not sure where people are getting this he looked terrible shit from. He was owning the exchanges. It's Stipe's job to cut the ring or punish him for sprint resetting. He dropped him and made a bad call on the Guillotine and paid for it.

• 1Solidarity