MMA Thread

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He has lost some explosiveness, and seems less dynamic and more unsure of himself.

He is doing this weird thing now where he just throws caution to the wind and blatantly telegraphs his shots.

When he goes back to the measured, calculated Aldo, he does well. That 2 punch body combo was incredible, one of the cleanest body shots I ever saw land in the UFC.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Main and co-main were both great fights.

Hope Eddie gets a good deal to stay in UFC. Dude might be aging but he isn't showing it yet. Always a good fight.

Aldo may have staved off retirement with that win. Still has something to prove.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Eddie's attitude sucked. Kid was blaming the standup, yet hes the professional not following the rules. (for the second time?)

Immature.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

i swore i heard mark henry call for an elbow, here, you actually see him issue a 12-6 strike!!!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
I saw that live and was lol'ing cause I'm pretty sure he was just telling Eddie to use elbows but then Eddie just copied the 12-6 motion he made and then threw it all nonchalant.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
he shoulda been sneaky and done the travis brown hellbows and did 11 to 5, totally legal.
giphy.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Eddie's attitude sucked. Kid was blaming the standup, yet hes the professional not following the rules. (for the second time?)

Immature.

Fighters "break the rules" in nearly every fight.

How many times did DC advance towards Stipe with his fingers forward? Every single time is not following the rules. There was no stoppage until he flicked Stipe in the eye.

The 12 to 6 elbow isn't a new rule, but it's a fight and things happen. I don't think it was dirty, malicious, or premeditated. These dudes are locked in a cage being paid to beat each other up.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Fighters "break the rules" in nearly every fight.

How many times did DC advance towards Stipe with his fingers forward? Every single time is not following the rules. There was no stoppage until he flicked Stipe in the eye.

The 12 to 6 elbow isn't a new rule, but it's a fight and things happen. I don't think it was dirty, malicious, or premeditated. These dudes are locked in a cage being paid to beat each other up.
everyone knows 12-6 is so stupid, guy most famous for 12-6 is able to legally throw a spinning elbow that buries bonor into the depths of hell
tenor.gif

doesn't even need momentum
UFC-135-Jones-Jackson-gif-2-spinning-elbow.gif

GnP hellbows, and im' sure that flying knee is what really fucked up Shogun
128shogunfinished.gif

Hell, look at the way he lands these hellbows, these are the "cutting" hellows, i specifically remember winklejohn saying when you want to cut w/ your elbow, you make palm out instead of a fist b/c that'll have less tendon muscle/ meat on the elbow so it's more boney to cut.
von04m_medium.gif

But yet, Jon Jones breaking bricks is the most illegal one and actually forced JJ to up his hellbow game.
(yea i heard the jon mccarthy interview, basically 12-6 wasn't something fertitta wanted to die on)

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
everyone knows 12-6 is so stupid, guy most famous for 12-6 is able to legally throw a spinning elbow that buries bonor into the depths of hell
(yea i heard the jon mccarthy interview, basically 12-6 wasn't something fertitta wanted to die on)

Yeah 12-6 elbow is a dumb rule, but it's one that as a seasoned professional Eddie should know. Unfortunately he was in the heat of the moment, went to strike the guy, and did what his coach asked.

These things happen. It's not dirty, it's not evil, it's just something he should know better than to do. Oh well. Shit happens.

Kudos to the other guy for turning it around. Thrilling fight by both guys in there.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Kudos to the other guy for turning it around. Thrilling fight by both guys in there.

Yeah. Kudos to Dustin fuckin Porier for being a professional and winning his fight. He's not the other guy. Eddie is the fuckin other guy. Two fights against Dustin, Eddie does some shady shit and you're over here suckin his dick.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
12 to 6 elbow is a stupid rule, but it exists for a reason, as that downward strike to a floored opponent can cause nasty cuts, at least with a side elbow you have to change your arm trajectory and get less leverage.

Watching Jon Jones highlights is like watching archived footage of a mythical creature that went awol. Fascinating to see how much better he is than everyone else, you almost start to forget and have to remind yourself how dominant that guy was.

He made DC look like a tool.

• 1Salty

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Joanna Jedrzejczyk Lets UFC Champ Rose Namajunas Know: 'You Should Bow Down Because I Am The Queen'
“Never ever. She wants my honor? She must earn that. If she’s going to run, they’re going to make an interim belt. She was saying she’s afraid Conor McGregor will show up again and make a mess like he did before Brooklyn. He is not going to do this. Don’t be afraid, Rose. Come on. Just fight. Just face the best.

“If not, I will chase you. If you hold the belt, I will chase you."

bald bitch really got up into gremlins ass

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
On a totally separate note. I was watching the countdown to UFC and they were focused on Cody and TJ. Turns out one of TJ's new coaches is my old math teacher from high school. His name is Sam Calavitta. It's so crazy to see him on the video because he is much smaller than when I knew him in high school (This was mid 90's, I graduated in 95). When I first met him he talked about how he used to be a power lifter, so he still had a ton of muscle mass. He was short, but man was he built. Far and away the best teacher I ever had also. He had a completely different way of teaching. He was the first teacher I ever had where it was clear to me the difference between a great teacher and a shitty one. He's somewhere around the 20 minute mark for anyone that cares.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't think much of TJ when he was coming up in the Ultimate Fighter and his early career. He really proved me wrong. The guy is a total beast.