MMA Thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I've had six knee operations, and I can't imagine coming back to serious MMA training in that timeframe. I've had serious setbacks and re-injuries doing stuff that doesn't even register on the scale of what a pro fighter puts themself through. Those guys are all fucking nuts.

I've only had one, though I should have had more. I did turn a leg 180 degrees backwards, CCW at the knee, but still...

I've had arguments repeatedly over the years with the same friends every 6mo or so when they want to start pressuring me to go running with them. And every 6mo it's like "How many times do we have to rehash this? My knees are fucked. Stop asking me" . One friend is convinced that if I were to start running then all my knee instability and pain would just 'go away'. FFS. It hurts to even jog to my car when it's raining.

I would be legitimately terrified of someone attacking my leg in MMA.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I mean, modern medicine is pretty amazing. That is a very fast turn around for such a gruesome injury though, that wasnt a regular ACL, he blew out his WHOLE knee. Like every fucking ligament there is in a knee.

His surgery scar looks like a Halloween costume injury for fucks sake. And it wasnt really due to intense strain or trauma, he tripped over a fucking wire.

But hey, if he is cleared, let him fight. I just wonder if hell ever be the same.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The latest UFC promo has Conor smashing up the bus as the center piece of his feud with Khabib. These fucking idiots are so corrupt. They should have just given him a year in jail. Plaxico did like 2 years and all he did was accidentally shoot himself.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

Dana White predicts record-shattering 2 million PPV buys for Conor McGregor’s UFC return

would be 400k more than Diaz vs. McGregor 2

--

also, 100k more than i thought it would do

UFC 227, exceeded expectations and drew an estimated 300,000 buys

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So OF COURSE Palhares comes in 18lbs over weight...LOLOLOL (and that's 18lbs over, AFTER they'd already changed the weight once before). I mean, yeah, it's grappling only, but still...

"OK, let's do 185"
"...weeeell, maybe 185 is too low, let's do 200"
<Palhares weighs in at 218>
"I'm sorry, I misunderstood...I thought this was open weight"

6F67125F-9829-4C6C-BF17-F86982F4127F.jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Palhares was super jacked when he fought Garry Tonon at Polaris.

This version of him makes that one seem laughable. He is like a cartoon character of himself that ate himself to gain a bigger self before doing all the steroids in the southern hemisphere.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user