MMA Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks like a modified Rexangle.

If the Rexangle itself is just a modified triangle, you can't really modify a Rexangle.

My question is how is Manuca's move applying a choke? Watched the gif several times and I just dont see where pressure is being applied, but these are an old pair of glasses and its a small gif.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
My question is how is Manuca's move applying a choke? Watched the gif several times and I just dont see where pressure is being applied, but these are an old pair of glasses and its a small gif.

It's a triangle between the thigh and armpit with a goofy grip from a bad position.

Astute observers will note that the guy applying the choke is reverse toeholding himself in the process, so it's a race to see if the top guy goes out or the bottom guy's knee explodes. It's slightly better if you can triangle like the guy in the gif on the last page but it's still not a great position structurally and to get there depends on the top player fucking up pretty badly with his posture.

Last edited:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Holloway vs Ortega is booked for UFC 231, December 8th. Co-main is Joanna and Shevchenko

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
The JJ Schevchenko fight actually got pulled. Schevchenko is now fighting for the 125 pound title at 230 against Sijara Eubanks, who Joe Rogan proclaimed on his podcast "I have no idea who Sijara Eubanks is, and I am the announcer for the UFC". Well played UFC.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The JJ Schevchenko fight actually got pulled. Schevchenko is now fighting for the 125 pound title at 230 against Sijara Eubanks, who Joe Rogan proclaimed on his podcast "I have no idea who Sijara Eubanks is, and I am the announcer for the UFC". Well played UFC.
Yup, I just heard that too. Dana had just announced the other fight, then goes and changes it. WTF.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
What a shitshow. All that wait for the MSG main event and it ends up being Bullet vs Eubanks (who is 1-1 at 125 lol). Diaz vs Poirier for new 165 division champ would of been a better call.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What a shitshow. All that wait for the MSG main event and it ends up being Bullet vs Eubanks (who is 1-1 at 125 lol). Diaz vs Poirier for new 165 division champ would of been a better call.

Puts a damper on the end of 2018 not seeing Nate active again. I can't understand why they couldn't get this done.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea its fuckin stupid. The Diaz brothers are awesome while also being fucking retarded. Nick could of been one of the best fighters in MMA if he didnt take so much time off and didnt smoke pot during fight camps.

Nate participated in one of the most important fights in the history of MMA, not only from a PPV buys standpoint but it was also a seminal moment in the progression arc of the sport.

Conor was on an unstoppable train, as he was doing amazing shit, knocking guys out, first time two division champ, a dream for the UFC brand wide, tattooed, aggressive, huge foriegn fan base but also has tons of American fans. The guy was on his way to taking the UFC by hostage.

But in stepped Nate Diaz and he wiped that fucking shine right off of him and brought purity back to the sport, while solidifying his street credentials and earning that Stockton Strangler moniker.

Everyone loses. Anyone can get it.

Conor then went on to (after winning the rematch) go box, caught a case, dicked around, then finally signed for that ESPN that Disney money in the end, and proclaimed his love for the sport is what brought him back.

So its frustrating watching both these guys just waste their fucking career, while a guy like Conor is signing 6 fight deals and will be on your TV this Sat.

There is zero reason for Nate to not get that fight done w Porier.

Last edited:

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Not sure why you're so high on the Diaz brothers. They literally never evolve, are about the dumbest MMA fighters in and out of the ring and are inactive to boot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Not sure why you're so high on the Diaz brothers. They literally never evolve, are about the dumbest MMA fighters in and out of the ring and are inactive to boot.

They’re entertaining and an incredible source for memes. Nate is a good fighter, overrated and not a superstar. At all. A Porier-Diaz ppv sells shit. It would, however, sell a lot better if the ufc quit shoehorning women’s fights on to every single fucking card and instead packed it with meaningful fights.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
They’re entertaining

To each their own, I guess. I find them to be decent fighters but nauseating speakers. Whenever one of them opens their mouth I have to change the channel before my brains start leaking out my ears. Saying "fuck" as often as possible is not a substitute for quality, witty smack-talking.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
To each their own, I guess. I find them to be decent fighters but nauseating speakers. Whenever one of them opens their mouth I have to change the channel before my brains start leaking out my ears. Saying "fuck" as often as possible is not a substitute for quality, witty smack-talking.

Fair enough. I probably find them less funny directly but the Nick Diaz shops from the Silva fight and the numerous impressions people have done are pretty damn funny. It’s not that they’re funny inherently but they are unique characters which makes them entertaining in a certain way. Nick in particular has a fair amount of quotable stuff.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jozu your timeline was slightly off, Conor didn't win 2nd belt until after he won the Diaz rematch.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea your're right.

His reign was a whirlwind, the Floyd fight was forever ago.

Goatface

Puts a damper on the end of 2018 not seeing Nate active again. I can't understand why they couldn't get this done.

from everything i read, they are still fighting, but not for a title.
at least Nate says he will be there
apparently the pay boost for making it a non-title 5 round main event wasn't enough for Nate