MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Splotches and more splotches? You're retarded.
a89efc06550ca5a1a81e8e73dfa8cba7.png

pony boi this is a splotch

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Figures you're too fucking dumb to tell the difference between a blur and a splotch.
look your weeb bullshit is cute, but you're not gonna define legally blind as a blur cuz you believe in princess ponies

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
look your weeb bullshit is cute, but you're not gonna define legally blind as a blur cuz you believe in princess ponies

Cool story you dumb fucking nip. Meanwhile you apparently still don't know shit about being 20-200 or worse and trying to do stuff without your glasses/lenses.

• 1Worf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Are you faggots really going to get into a pissing match over the difference between visual blurs and visual splotches?

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
"This blurry vision argument is the best MMA derail of 2019"

- Dan Hooker, probably

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

“It’s basically an ACL of the shoulder,” he said ....
..recovery from the surgery will take approximately a year

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I dont even want to know what that is. I'm choosing to reject all memories of it.

Can we get some more vision posts in this bitch? Please

Lanx Lanx What is the measurement of your prescription? Are you near sighted or far sighted?

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I dont even want to know what that is. I'm choosing to reject all memories of it.

Can we get some more vision posts in this bitch? Please

Lanx Lanx What is the measurement of your prescription? Are you near sighted or far sighted?
beats me on how bad it is actually, i'm near sighted but i wouldn't say it's bad. i haven't seen an eye doctor in years but i've passed the dmv vision tests just fine (every time i move, you retake the eye exams for new license). I can read subtitles from across the room just fine, but i wouldn't chance driving w/o my glasses. I've had glasses at 5th grade and probably had 5 eye doctors and the last one told me i've been mis-diagnosed w/ astigmatism by all of em.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I call bullshit on Lanx's perception regarding vision. I dont know what the numbers are on my eyesight, but they probably arent very good.

I failed my first driver's license vision test when I was 18, got a restriction class B (corrective lenses). I cannot read subtitles 4 feet in front of me. I cannot read shit, and details are blurred. I can read things close to me, such as my phone or a book, but anything at a distance, no chance.

I NEVER drive with glasses, nor does it inhibit my driving ability. Even at night I'm a solid fucking driver, no accidents in over 14 years. My ability to drive effectively is not hindered at all.

So, I would guess fighting a guy who is usually going to be right the fuck in front of you, shouldnt be too much of a problem. Like Gavinmad said, the guy taking out contacts isnt going to suddenly start feeling around like someone shut off the fucking lights lol. He will be able to fight just fine.

I only wear my glasses at work in order to be able to read steam gauges and when I work on my art. Other than that i can still function at a high level without corrective lenses.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I call bullshit on Lanx's perception regarding vision. I dont know what the numbers are on my eyesight, but they probably arent very good.

I failed my first driver's license vision test when I was 18, got a restriction class B (corrective lenses). I cannot read subtitles 4 feet in front of me. I cannot read shit, and details are blurred. I can read things close to me, such as my phone or a book, but anything at a distance, no chance.

I NEVER drive with glasses, nor does it inhibit my driving ability. Even at night I'm a solid fucking driver, no accidents in over 14 years. My ability to drive effectively is not hindered at all.

So, I would guess fighting a guy who is usually going to be right the fuck in front of you, shouldnt be too much of a problem. Like Gavinmad said, the guy taking out contacts isnt going to suddenly start feeling around like someone shut off the fucking lights lol. He will be able to fight just fine.

I only wear my glasses at work in order to be able to read steam gauges and when I work on my art. Other than that i can still function at a high level without corrective lenses.

There are different conditions that affect your vision in different ways.

Most people (in their MMA fighting primes) are near-sighted, like you. They can't see things far away, but when things are moved closer, they see fine. But that's not everyone.

That said, a large number of people are far-sighted. Things up close are blurry, but seeing at a distance is clear.

Another common problem is depth perception. It's hard to fight when you don't know if your jab will land or if you're risking walking into an opponent's uppercut because you can't tell how far away they are.

If he has a significant astigmatism or is legally blind, it may not matter if he's far-sighted or near-sighted –– he's going to fight like shit.

Dude should've known before fight night and that's on him. He should've found ways to prepare for the fight and manage his health condition better. But I'm not about to armchair diagnose his health into irrelevancy.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea. You are right.

Far sighted people is a concept so strange to me. How can someone see well at distance but then not be able to read?

Just seems crazy, but yea depth perception is super important too, so maybe he would be hindered.

• 1Like