Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not Jon Jones...
tenor.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
USADA says it's not anything new. What's the big deal?

Yeah, the big deal is, he got caught again and they are switching venues to let him fight.

A masking agent is supposed to be tiny if nothing at all. If you have any you are not allowed to fight.

Jon gets a pass because, well it was a small amount...?

Should Lance get a Pass for a small amount? How about my homeboy Ben Johnson? How about all the other ufc bans like Filthy Tom ?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Have they ever moved a venue like this? All this poor people who booked flights and rooms for this. Should have just bounced that cheater from the card. (And ufc)

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the big deal is, he got caught again and they are switching venues to let him fight.

A masking agent is supposed to be tiny if nothing at all. If you have any you are not allowed to fight.

Should Lance get a Pass for a small amount? How about my homeboy Ben Johnson? How about all the other ufc bans like Filthy Tom ?

The MMA community is up in arms over it; it's really hilarious.

Corey Anderson asking the important questions, LOL (longer than it shows here)

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

How about Anderson Silva who tested positive for TWO

hold up read that again,

TWO steroids. And has been enrolled in USADA since and has not tested positive for steroids he previously injected into his body.

"Phasing" or whatever explanation that USADA is using, is fake and fraudulent theorycrafting. You are all morons for buying it. Like dirt fucking stupid.

SO many athletes have used soooooo many substances and steroids. There is a full list. I suggest you go look at everyone who tested positive and then.....WOAH NEVER TESTED POSITIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! imagine that.
Dumbfucks.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Explain every other individual in USADA history that has been popped for steroids, sat on the sideline, and returned to competition without a problem.

"phasing" "leveling" What the fuck and you let yourselves be insulted.

NSAC was right to ban theorycrafting from being an explanation and stop the fight.

• 2Like

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Explain every other individual in USADA history that has been popped for steroids, sat on the sideline, and returned to competition without a problem.

"phasing" "leveling" What the fuck and you let yourselves be insulted.

NSAC was right to ban theorycrafting from being an explanation and stop the fight.

Yeah, never, ever heard so much bullshit.

USADA "it might be in his system for life" LOL

I'm going to tell my boss on Monday that cocaine will always be in my system, because it breaks down into an m2 metabolite and stores in my fatty cells for, you know, forever...?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah this whole thing is pretty much bull shit. Before all this I was giving Gus a pretty good chance to win. Gus matches up well with him physically and gave him a hell of a fight in their first go (the whole thing with Jones saying he didn't even train for that fight is straight bull shit also). I thought there was no way Jones could risk doping and getting caught again and sure as hell would of never guessed the UFC would just straight up change venues with 1 week to go AND cover for him but here we are.

Also the whole "it could be in his system for life" is pretty much a golden ticket for him to continually pop for turinabol forever lol.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Hell of a move. As if anyone had any doubts, UFC's $$$ comes from PPV buys and not live event tickets. They're spending a ton of money to keep Jones on the card, with the rest of the fighters and costs be damned.

California doesn't go light on fighters. If CSAC is sanctioning the fight, then I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt. No way the UFC is paying those guys off to let the fight go through. Also I look forward to all the recommendations that fighters move up in weight, even without CSAC measuring all the fighters throughout their camp.

iannis

Musty Nester
Short term thinking. They won't grow the sport if they're not consistent about steroid use. That's from the outside looking in.

Personally I think they should have no rules about it at all division. If guys wanna roid out and head to Valhalla... let 'em. Now that would be bloodsport, and you wouldn't be able to charge too much for a ticket to the event. That's one path to glory. I'd pay to see it.

For the guys that don't want to do that, have a division where you get questioned if you eat a steak that's too big. That'll serve the majority of these guys... who I really do think are meatheads (not saying they're stupid, a meathead doesn't have to be stupid) looking to win, win clean, and pursue a martial art. An Art, you know, with a capitol A. You will never get something more honorable. And practical. I'd also pay to see it.

What I don't have any interest in seeing is a mix of those two things. It's just not interesting. The roider will almost always win.

That's why they do it in the first place.

iannis

Musty Nester
Not an expert. Just saying, if you're supplementing in a way that is permanent and the supplement that you're using is worthy of a ban from the sport... it would make sense that the ban is also permanent. Thanks for playing but not all lines can be uncrossed. It's an inconsistent policy at best. I was lazy with the use of "steroids". There are so many more options than steroids, but "roids" is a nice catch all phrase to indicate officially banned practices.

The rules should be the rules, and figuring out new ways to break them should not be part of the contest. Which it is. Honestly that's just fag shit, no matter how jacked you are and no matter how big the payday.

That's why I think they should have a no testing division. Some of these guys willing to experiment on their own bodies might actually contribute quite a bit to medical science. They're grown ass men, they can do what they want. And that's kinda what it is, self selecting human testing. Of course most of them would die from strokes... and you'd have to be willing to accept that as part of it.

• 2Like

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
My best friend is a pharmacist and not a Jon Jones fan. This is his take:

I looked up the metabolyte last night. The longest time frame that I could fine for dectection was published in July of 2018. It stated trace amounts could be detected up to 10-12 months. However, the anti-doping people have stated that this metabolyte has been showing back up. The amount that they saw was crazy low....like Detecting that I ate a twinky in 1998 small. From what I saw he did re-ingest but let's be honest. He ingested during his career. Apparently dissolving the drug in a measured amount of alcohol and letting it absorb under the tongue was the trick to passing the test, until now.

So absorbing under the tongue by-passed it going through the liver (making metabolytes) before you body could absorb it. I'm assuming the test they used was looking for specific metabolytes. However, dissolving it in alcohol and bypassing the liver might have change what metabolytes the liver made breaking down the drug. Therefore the use to be able to get away with it. Now, they the anti-dopers know this and are looking for other metabolytes.

Last edited:

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I like the don't test them league. It was a running joke that ticket/food/drink prices were high enough for MLB players to do whatever the fuck they wanted.

Goatface

with how crooked it is, think they should just drop USADA

Mir's response spoiler'd for size
ldooh9miz6621.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Masking = dissolving it in alcohol to change what they are looking for. Pulsing is them finding this trace amount after a period of no dectection. They don't know why it's doing it. Your body hangs on to stuff (drugs and chemicals) deposit into tissue. Eventually the tissue releases it and you get this pulsing. The amount they detected is crazy small, and impressive.

Masking (because they know what to look for now) would yield a higher amount. That is until they figure out a new masking agent. Pulsing would yield this rediculous low amount.

My pharmacist friend is in the option that this is pulsing.

• 2Salty