MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
865k is Brock Lesnar-tier money.

AFAIK, Brock was not offered even 1 million dollars flat in guaranteed money to fight in the UFC this year or last year.

Overeem is making the money for his last 7 fights that Brock Lesnar was denied x2 during the last 3 years of negotiations with the UFC. Brock was denied his flat fee most recently just earlier this year.

They must believe Overeem is a draw and potentially could be resigned for very similar money. I could see 500k no problem. Wasn't Mir and others getting several hundred thousand? Name value and history writes some big checks in the Heavyweight division if you look into it.
reem was just in the right time for everything, he went from Strikeforce to Brock, got a new contract, got busted, lost but then went on to recover with a 3-win streak, his last one against JDS (remember when he danced around him for an entire round)

and he did that 10fight 800k show money deal, he was in talks for title contention, Cain was being cain and always injured, and there was no heavy around 2016 that anyone cared about.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

How is Stipe's eye recovery going?
he had a much longer talk about it on ariel's show, but this clip was more recent update

little odd that he says, its healed then "I want to see out of both eyes not one"

=
don't know if espn is happy with these numbers or not, Overeen still a draw

ESPN 7: 1.071M (Overeem vs. Rozenstruik reportedly peaked at 1.4m)
ESPN 6: 805K (Dominick Reyes v Chris Weidman peaked at 1M)
ESPN 5: 680K (Covington vs. Lawler peaked at 945K)
ESPN 4: 957K (Edwards v RDA pealed at 1.16M)
ESPN 3: 1.091M (Santos v Ngannou peaked at 1.247M)
ESPN 2: 828K (Gaethje vs. Barboza peaked 1.4M)
ESPN 1: 1.463M (Ngannou vs. Velasquez peaked at 1.7M)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Cormier eye poking takes its toll.
the first KO was cuz of an eyepoke

DC is working that right eye

and then the KO where he works the right eye again and Stipe can't see shit

db36c5e55a89d70fd30cf60de93e2596.gif

DC just kept on doing it without feaar the second time
source.gif

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't blame Daniel, I blame the shit ass referee. Oh, shocker...it's Herb Dean.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Stipe is stalling because he can. Either DC will retire or the UFC will give him more money. It's leverage.

The eye pokes have been bad, and the dude deserves as much time as he wants to heal, but we all know what's going on here.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Stipe is stalling because he can. Either DC will retire or the UFC will give him more money. It's leverage.

The eye pokes have been bad, and the dude deserves as much time as he wants to heal, but we all know what's going on here.
Stipe probably and would be correct in thinking that DC will AGAIN, eye rape him. he eye raped him twice in both fights, whats to stop DC from blinding Stipe in order to "secure his legacy"?

here is Stipe on the eye rape

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
colby is gonna be champ

wtf is usman doing in ny? this retard is doing press in the wrong state

also this is embarrassing
8b97aac94fe3c5a64251013807e07364.png

Nunes is third? no one gives a shit about co-co-main

ok sure, they are both the ugliest women in the UFC, but Amanda is actually the ONLY and CURRENT double champ champ in the world, that they made so much hype about.

hell the co-main Holloway just lost trying to be champ champ and failed where Amanda succeeded.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Big card, but none of the fighters on it really peak my interest. Maybe Max, but he has been so up and down recently that I can't even get all that hyped for it. I will probably end up going out and watching it, but meh.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Big card, but none of the fighters on it really peak my interest. Maybe Max, but he has been so up and down recently that I can't even get all that hyped for it. I will probably end up going out and watching it, but meh.
What? He had one bad fight where he tried to move up and got wrecked. Outside of that he has been dominant.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What? He had one bad fight where he tried to move up and got wrecked. Outside of that he has been dominant.
Maybe up and down isn't the best way to put it, but he fought 3 times in 2 years... 2 fucking years. Lost one of them in unanimous fashion.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe up and down isn't the best way to put it, but he fought 3 times in 2 years... 2 fucking years. Lost one of them in unanimous fashion.
Not fighting often is different than saying he has been up and down recently. And with that, I will totally agree with you.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
thats kinda the norm

diamond only fought 4x in 2 years, the guy that beat him, khabib fought 3 in 2 years, one of his wins was against a real estate agent and the other was against a guy that barely fights once a year, alvarez fought 3 in 2 years