MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
rampage said he lost 20lbs for the fight, won't fight again at HW, wants to get walk around weight down to 230 before fighting again.

=
As of December 27, current UFC champion USADA test counts in 2019:
Stipe Miocic 9
Jon Jones 13
Israel Adesanya 13
Kamaru Usman 13
Khabib Nurmagomedov 9
Alexander Volkanovski 8
Henry Cejudo 10
Amanda Nunes 12
Valentina Shevchenko 6
Zhang Weili 9

As of December 27, fighters with the most USADA test counts in 2019:

Sean O'Malley 26
Chance Rencountre 17
Jose Aldo 17
Donald Cerrone 14
Claudia Gadelha 14
Kelvin Gastelum 14
Paulo Costa 14
Omari Akhmedov 14

As of December 27, fighters with the most total USADA test counts:
Daniel Cormier - 53
Yoel Romero - 52
Cyborg - 50
Jose Aldo - 50
Holly Holm - 50
Donald Cerrone - 47
RDA - 47
Amanda Nunes - 46
Stipe Miocic - 45
TJ Dillashaw - 44

Do we know if Brock is still enrolled? I remember reading he re-enrolled into the pool, did that stick?

Didn't hear about him pulling out again, so I'm guessing he's in.

Goatface

Do we know if Brock is still enrolled? I remember reading he re-enrolled into the pool, did that stick?

Didn't hear about him pulling out again, so I'm guessing he's in.
he only got tested twice in 2019, one early on then 2-4 weeks before he retired. his retirement announcement didn't say he left the pool, but i assume he did. when Cain and GSP retired they announced they left the pool. Don't see usada announcements for Bisping or Hunt. Can not think of any other big names that left recently.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i landed in seoul late on the 21st, grabbed a late dinner with wife at some street stall, looked up at the screen and i see KZ with Frankie doing his best imitation of a speed bag, da fuq Frankie, at least try...

i thought it was some korean propoganda making Frankie look bad so i watched the fight when i came back, yea no, he was that bad.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
he only got tested twice in 2019, one early on then 2-4 weeks before he retired. his retirement announcement didn't say he left the pool, but i assume he did. when Cain and GSP retired they announced they left the pool. Don't see usada announcements for Bisping or Hunt. Can not think of any other big names that left recently.

Did he stay enrolled long enough to clear his suspension time?

I recall u need to be enrolled for the duration of a suspension or at least equal time in order to receive an all clear license from USADA.

If he dropped out before meeting his test time requirement from his suspension its probably a sign hes not coming back.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
pretty sure he did, but iirc he still has not paid the $250k fine.

My guess is part of his comeback stipulation was UFC pays the 250k and it doesn't come out of his ass at all. That's something Brock would be adamant about. I actually think I remember hearing a rumor of that nature during negotiations last summer.

And my guess is by the lowball offer he got, and the 250k over his head still-- it was going to come out of his ass.

Especially if the UFC had trouble offering him a 1m flat fee to fight.

Goatface

that is terrible. don't think i have seen anyone wearing a UFC shirt in years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

1578713876969.png

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You get 5m and 2m for fighting, but if you manage to get fight of the night or k/o of the night you could get 5.005m or 2.005m! Maybe even 5.01m or 2.01m if you manage to get both!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
probably 50k, not 5k. Which is still mostly chump change to the headliners but probably a sizable bonus to everyone else.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
2 million for the Cowboy has got to be making him stoked for his family. I don't see it happening but if he wins, hell ya.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
2 million for the Cowboy has got to be making him stoked for his family. I don't see it happening but if he wins, hell ya.
only cowboy could get a fight deal worth 2million after 2 back to back loses and no one complains, lulz

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users