MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

1585195377228.png

1585195438224.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Is there a bigger fuck-up in all of sports?

It is hard to be his fan.

I like watching him fight, I am sorry but I do. It is fun to watch him play chess while his opponents play checkers. I understand we are all flawed and the personality that allows him to be great in the Octagon is the same one that gets him into these situations.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
An aggravated DWI carries very serious consequences in New Mexico including mandatory jail time. Aggravated DWI carries all the same elements as a simple DWI along with a number of possible additional elements.

A simple DWI involves driving under the influence of alcohol, driving under the influence of drugs, and/or driving with a breath or blood alcohol level above .08. Keep in mind that the .08 mark in New Mexico is not necessary for a conviction for DWI. The .08 mark simply leads to a presumption of driving while intoxicated. Many drivers to their surprise and dismay are convicted at lower levels. In addition, the presumptive level goes down to .04 for drivers of commercial vehicles.

Aggravated DWI carries additional elements in addition to those listed above. These elements are deemed to be more egregious than the standard elements of a simple DWI warranting more severe penalties. There are a number of possible circumstances that will lead to a charge of aggravated DWI.

Perhaps the most common aggravating factor in DWI is a breath or blood alcohol score of .16 or above. In essence, a score of twice the legal limit will result in a charge of aggravated DWI. A close second to the high breath/blood alcohol score as an aggravating factor is a refusal to take the breath alcohol test.

The Implied Consent Act results in an automatic aggravation of the DWI charges for a refusal. A refusal will be found even in situation where a driver delays or otherwise waivers in the consent. In short, a driver must take the breath alcohol test and must take it in short order or risk a charge of aggravated DWI as evidenced under State v. Suazo.

A less common, though often far more serious aggravating factor, is DWI involving bodily harm. These cases involve DWI auto accidents resulting in injuries. The injuries may occur to the driver, the passengers, other drivers or pedestrians. These cases are taken very seriously as one might expect from a glimpse at the tragic DWI accidents that occur each year in New Mexico.

A conviction for aggravated DWI carries a number of possible more serious consequences beyond the mandatory 48 hour jail time. Much of DWI sentencing is discretionary with the judge. The sentences must simply fall between the mandatory minimums and the maximums allowed by law. There is a great deal of latitude with the court between the minimum and the maximum sentencing.

Judges and prosecutors alike do not look kindly on aggravated DWI. This is particularly so with very high breath alcohol scores or accidents involving injuries. Not only will the original sentencing be more severe, judges are often very hard on those that violate probation under an aggravated DWI. This may be so even with seemingly minor technical probation violations. This can make probation very unpleasant as if it were not unpleasant enough.

In short, DWI is taken seriously in New Mexico. Aggravated DWI, as the term suggests, is taken even more seriously. It is simply not worth it. After all, even if you beat the charges, you still spent a night or two in jail, spent a minimum of 6 months going through the court process, and parted with a great deal of hard earned income paying me or some other DWI attorney to get through a very stressful and difficult process.

He either refused to be cooperative, blew a double the legal limit, or was involved in an action while drunk I. E. driving to shoot guns out somewhere while drunk/ driving back from shooting guns while drunk.

Regardless, all lead to jail time being mandatory. He will serve some type of sentence even if its 48 hours.

Goatface

Regardless, all lead to jail time being mandatory. He will serve some type of sentence even if its 48 hours.
if the over/under is 48 hours going to take the under. he will get 6 months, 99% suspended, probation and 80-100 hours community service and his wallet will be little lighter. plus ufc will have a couple of events in NM.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It is hard to be his fan.

I like watching him fight, I am sorry but I do. It is fun to watch him play chess while his opponents play checkers. I understand we are all flawed and the personality that allows him to be great in the Octagon is the same one that gets him into these situations.
Yeah, really hard to continue to cheer for this guy. And to be honest, he hasn't been nearly as fun to watch in his last several fights anyway. It is sorta like the Anderson Silva curve. Had a streak of absolutely dominating wins and finishes. And now it's a lot of boring decisions.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Police say Jones consented to a sobriety test and performed poorly on it. Police add that when he was given a Breathalyzer he tested at least twice above the legal limit.

After Jones was arrested police found a black handgun under the driver’s seat and a half-empty bottle of Recuerdo 750ml behind the passenger seat.

Jones was charged with aggravated DWI, negligent use of a firearm and possession of an open container.

He didn't check off some of the boxes, he checked them all off. With the other shit he has already done in New Mexico he could be looking at a lot more than 48 hours

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
i mean, is it that weird he just goes off drinking and driving and shootin guns?

thats what all of Jackson/Wink did one time on camera, they just drove out to the desert and shot guns

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
if the over/under is 48 hours going to take the under. he will get 6 months, 99% suspended, probation and 80-100 hours community service and his wallet will be little lighter. plus ufc will have a couple of events in NM.

Maybe....but his priors? Eeeehhhh.

Guy needs help. Only a true fuck up could fuck up during a pandemic lock in. Cops aren’t out looking for this shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I googled the address where he was arrested and it was right outside a strip club. I guess he got mad it was closed and just started blasting? Looked to be a very public area

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users