MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There is room to raise the HW limit. Some of the top talent is a little tight on 265, and you got Brock coming back.

I always felt an extra 10 pounds made sense. You don't want morbidly out of shape fighters allowed, but there is a demand for more breathing space. 275 makes a lot more sense.

Ngannou is at 260. What if he wanted to put some size on on his base for wrestling. So besides the Brock example, Ngannou is another.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
You don't want morbidly out of shape fighters allowed

Why not? They'll just lose and self-select out. It's not like some 400 lbs dude is going to beat Stipe.

I don't think the upper HW limit matters at all; it just costs us a freakshow match every so often. If there were enough athletic, skilled 300+ fighters to dominate everyone under 250, then make another division. That's not the case, though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Why not? They'll just lose and self-select out. It's not like some 400 lbs dude is going to beat Stipe.

I don't think the upper HW limit matters at all; it just costs us a freakshow match every so often.
e9v4wdn.gif

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well because the commission doesn't like it. It's partially why the HW limit exists. To make sure guys come in shape, and can't just wing it.

If HW becomes open weight no limit then it can get ugly very quick. Guys like the black beast will stop giving a fuck, guaranteed.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Roy Nelson is a good example. Solid hands, decent HW banger. Fun fighter. But if that cap wasn't there, he'd have made an ass out of himself.

Ben Rothwell is another. Also cuts to 265 and is already out of shape at 265.

Forcing guys like them to do cardio is a boon.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Weird place to draw the line, IMO. Weight cutting is encouraged and is a much bigger health risk than coming in fat. We don't tell Cormier he can't compete at LHW because he's fat. The 205 limit isn't making him in better shape, it just makes him cut more. If you're worried about out of shape athletes over-exerting themselves, set a body fat % limit or something.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
read they took him out on a stretcher, good for having feeling. Just caught the last end of the Hardy fight, could've gave him a couple more seconds but seemed over anyway.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty amazing Silva is still out there at 45, even if this is his last

Lenas

Trump's Staff
All I can think of is how much Anderson's last flurry attempt looked so much like Forrest Griffin's. Felt bad to see.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i like how i'm seeing ppl think it got called too soon for a legend like the spider...

this crazy old bitch was hugging herbs leg!!!

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Holy shit. Hardy is dead in the eyes, shark brain guy, but he has some serious fucking power.

He beat this guy like he owed him money.

And gotta give him credit, he made the switch to MMA, and has actually started to carve out a real career for himself.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have to say, I've never seen someone get dropped like a sack of bricks by getting jabbed in the forehead.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jones vacating was drowned out by the news cycle. He doesn't even have a confirmed fight, or any stated timeline or goal for vacating.

So it's all just passed by people. Nobody knows Jan is LHW champ.

Goatface

Jones vacating was drowned out by the news cycle. He doesn't even have a confirmed fight, or any stated timeline or goal for vacating.

So it's all just passed by people. Nobody knows Jan is LHW champ.
Jones' problem was Francis' problem, the long ass wait. if Francis wasn't constantly bitching about getting another shot, Jones would be the one fighting Stipe next. so he really only has a few options. If Francis wins, fight him in the summer. If Stipe wins, he will probably fight winner of Blades/Lewis as Stipe wouldn't want to fight till like Oct or something. read somewhere he wants Reem over Blades/Lewis or Rozen. also heard talk he is aiming for 250lb fight weight.

anyway supposedly this just happen lol

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user