MMA Thread

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
great fight, definitely down to see that again

EDIT majority draw seems right, play it back again

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Moreno post fight interview was class. Rooting for him and a rematch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Mighty Mouse recently said he will never fight at 125 again...this division sure could use it. After that fight though, I would like a rematch though.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't been excited about a fight in a while, but this one has me pretty pumped. Conor has some shortcomings, but his stand up game isn't one of them. So it makes for a potentially exciting fight with him.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Hey look, a story about Conor that isn't him being a dipshit. Pretty cool move actually.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Half the stories on MMAFIGHTING.com's front page 'main panel' (?) involve fucking joke fights and amateurs. And to think people used to mock Pride for their over the top freakshow events.

Jake Paul attacks Dillon Danis with water balloons...da fuq? I mean, fuck Dillon but who the fuck cares?

Bellator signs the chick that beat the 529lb man...LOL but ok

Nate Diaz and Jake Paul sparring verbally?

1608078550814.png

Bringing juiced up Brock back makes more sense, LOL

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It kind of seems like it, doesn't it?

The only thing I find interesting is the possibility of Nick and Nate vs Logan and Jake

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still cant figure out who these Paul brothers are and why they are famous.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
'Internet Personalities'

I've never watched them, but AFAIK they stream dumb shit and got 'famous'. I think their family had money.

Then 2-3 years ago (?) I think they started boxing. They're both still amateurs, but they trained enough that they could fight other amateurs. But Jake fighting Nate Robinson was kind of bad because I don't think Nate had done any training at all, and it showed.

So they managed to parlay internet asshattery and shit-talking into making some serious cash by making these non-professional fights. And I think all this shit-talking to people in MMA is their way of looking for bigger fights (I don't think they can do this with actual pro boxers because they'd get annihilated, but they might feel confidant enough to throw out bait and see what MMA fighter bites)

Animosity

Oh ya Nate looked awful and definitely looked like he never trained or even watched a video on how to box lol

Jozu

Well, Logan and his little brother Jake were balling tough before they started the boxing shit. Like multi multi multi millionaires with mansions cars etc.

The boxing is just another way for them to gain popularity and revenue. Its a brilliant idea actually, as almost everyone appreciates a good scrap, and it makes bank. They have effectively hijacked the boxing scene. They leveraged their fame and worth into getting booked for major dollars, sidestepping the entire process that normal guys have to go through ( training seriously, working way up through amateur ranks, putting in work to get fights as a pro etc). Thats why I said Mayweather should continue to lean into this, and create an "Exhibition Circuit" where he puts on fights like the Jake Paul vs Nate Robinson match up. There are endless possibilities, dumb people will buy PPV of basically anything in this virus lockdown phase. Even long term it makes sense, you are going to have ex fighters, retired fighters, celebrity personalities, rappers, it goes on and on. Just think of the match ups that could be had.

I would love to see mike Tyson plaster Jake paul. That fight would do at least 1.2 million buys. The Mayweather Logan Paul fight is probably going to do 2 million buys. These numbers are insane.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Well, Logan and his little brother Jake were balling tough before they started the boxing shit. Like multi multi multi millionaires with mansions cars etc.

The boxing is just another way for them to gain popularity and revenue. Its a brilliant idea actually, as almost everyone appreciates a good scrap, and it makes bank. They have effectively hijacked the boxing scene. They leveraged their fame and worth into getting booked for major dollars, sidestepping the entire process that normal guys have to go through ( training seriously, working way up through amateur ranks, putting in work to get fights as a pro etc). Thats why I said Mayweather should continue to lean into this, and create an "Exhibition Circuit" where he puts on fights like the Jake Paul vs Nate Robinson match up. There are endless possibilities, dumb people will buy PPV of basically anything in this virus lockdown phase. Even long term it makes sense, you are going to have ex fighters, retired fighters, celebrity personalities, rappers, it goes on and on. Just think of the match ups that could be had.

I would love to see mike Tyson plaster Jake paul. That fight would do at least 1.2 million buys. The Mayweather Logan Paul fight is probably going to do 2 million buys. These numbers are insane.
If we're going to talk about fantasy matchups with fighters vs internet celebs, I want to see Amanda Nunes vs Jessica Yaniv