MMA Thread

Jive Turkey

Karen
Posting this mostly for Sterling's comments. That dude's take has got bitchier and bitchier since the post-fight interview

“Any other sport when you do something intentionally illegal you get suspended, you get fined, you get ejected from the game. This guy is getting rewarded with a rematch, which I get is a big fight,” said Sterling recently, as transcribed by BJPenn.com. “But, it is like, we can just break the rules and nothing is ever going to happen to us. I can just jump the Octagon and nothing is going to happen, I can go and fight another corner or push him after the bell and nothing is ever going to happen. It’s like, I feel like when you have rules for a reason and you have to enforce them or otherwise let’s just run it up. … I feel like his ass should have been suspended or something. Pay me some money for an illegal foul that might take years off my career.”

I hope Yan wrecks him in the rematch

Goatface

1617636359283.png

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
But, it is like, we can just break the rules and nothing is ever going to happen to us.
Uh, He lost his fucking belt?

I was on Sterling's side 100% until the event ended, and getting lower since then. That guy should have just stuck with the mindset that made him throw the belt on the floor of the octagon and say he wants to run it back. Everything else is a shitty look for him. Fuck that guy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
fury donated his 7m purse to charity, how much was made off the ppv? who knows

Yeah no chance whatsoever he hauled over 15m-20m

The Jones fans are saying his demand of 50m is within the range of "Deontay Wilder money". This is simply untrue.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah no chance whatsoever he hauled over 15m-20m

The Jones fans are saying his demand of 50m is within the range of "Deontay Wilder money". This is simply untrue.
maybe fury/wilder 2, if you add purse + ppv, they both SPLIT 50m, but no way they take home 50m each.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Personally I believe Francis is more of a draw at heavyweight than Jones is, and I'm sure Dana feels the same way.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
Some Jones fan in the comments said Deontay Wilder clears 50m purse....

There's just no fucking way that's true. I have Deontay at 20m-30m and that's maybe just on a single event. I felt he was more 15m purse with PPV cut included already in that.

And I swore one of his total hauls was 12m.

Does anyone here have evidence that Wilder cleared a 50m purse? Or even approached 50m? These Jones fans are doing math gymnastics to make him sound rational. It's mentally ill.
Wilder has never earned close to that. He’s not a draw.

Wilder could have potentially earned close to that if they’d managed to make the Joshua fight. 50m was thrown around by Wilder as his offer to Joshua but then Wilder’s team never sent contracts. It all came out recently when Wilder went on a crazy rant.

Joshua V Fury though is huge money as both guys are huge drawers and it’s for the undisputed. Wilder will go back to earning $1-3 mil a fight until someone else, hopefully Dillian Whyte, beats his ass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Personally I believe Francis is more of a draw at heavyweight than Jones is, and I'm sure Dana feels the same way.
yea i doubt that,

while francais might have the mike tyson draw of seeing how fast fraancais can curb womp someone

jones has ppl that love him AND ppl that hate him and want to see him buried.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
yea i doubt that,

while francais might have the mike tyson draw of seeing how fast fraancais can curb womp someone

jones has ppl that love him AND ppl that hate him and want to see him buried.

Well Jones is a talker. I feel like talkers always have the advantage on draw power. I might not care for Jones but his talk game is about as solid as his number of title defenses. People are intrigued by his personality, evils, or what have you. As you said, he's got people that watch to see what's going to happen. It's not must-watch MMA because of his excitement. His last few fights sucked and everyone knows he runs traditional Jackson-Wink gameplans since forever now. It's must-watch MMA because of his personality, and that puts emotional stakes on the line. He's a heel I guess in wrestling terms.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Well Jones is a talker. I feel like talkers always have the advantage on draw power. I might not care for Jones but his talk game is about as solid as his number of title defenses. People are intrigued by his personality, evils, or what have you. As you said, he's got people that watch to see what's going to happen. It's not must-watch MMA because of his excitement. His last few fights sucked and everyone knows he runs traditional Jackson-Wink gameplans since forever now. It's must-watch MMA because of his personality, and that puts emotional stakes on the line. He's a heel I guess in wrestling terms.
greg apparently isn't even involved in j/w and is just there for gameplanning, winklejohn takes care of the training and he is just striking so greg is barely there and the only time anyone has ever seen "real" game planning is when holly was preparing for rhonda. otherwise it seems like cowboy was right

Sterling

El Presidente
There's a big gap between UFC notoriously not paying it's champs/stars enough and 50M.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its simple, when looking at Pro Sports all you have to do is determine revenue.

The major sports leagues in the US post their earnings. Does the UFC?

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I think the only thing they put out is ticket sales at the gate and ppv buys after each event.

They disclose fighter's purses and fight bonuses if they have earned them.

They do not disclose what fighters earn on the cut of the gate sales, iirc.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Its simple, when looking at Pro Sports all you have to do is determine revenue.

The major sports leagues in the US post their earnings. Does the UFC?
they should make a only mma fans, where you get your 2 cents in like...

to pm jon jones $100, "yo bones, i want you to poke francais in the eye"

Goatface

guess if it does go public will get better numbers

=
new Venum kits
1617720675528.png
1617720782527.png

1617720703136.png

=

dana says he thought Deontay Wilder was paid $30m

Last edited:

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Those designs are bad.

The sweaty crotch look? lol

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

guess if it does go public will get better numbers

=
new Venum kits
View attachment 346503View attachment 346506
View attachment 346504

=

dana says he thought Deontay Wilder was paid $30m

That settles that. 50m is mental illness.