MMA Thread

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Great turnaround from Oliveira. The only bad thing about that fight was that someone had to lose.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
man i love oliviera's style. like a lanky ninja, using all the tools. it's a bit tainted by the glove grab i reckon, it got him out of a bad position.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think Oliveira hurt Poirier's body somehow like Rogan was saying during the 2nd, maybe a cracked rib or something?

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So yeah, Im riding with the Diamond. The guy has paid the cost to be the boss, and when he walks out to that tune tomorrow night, he will be prepared to put on the performance of a lifetime.

Do Bronx is S tier, a true master of combat. I love the guy and if he wins fair play. But Dustin is just too fucking smooth, too strong and too intelligent to lose this fight. He is the bigger man, he is the more powerful fighter, and he is the more durable fighter.

This video is a fantastic example of exactly WHY he has been so successful in the stand up game during his hall of fame run over the last 4 years.

Nope

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Holy fuck, Diamond is the favorite? Do Bronx is getting no respect! Dustin is going to tapity tap tap.
I'm not surprised, motherfucker!

Told you all, people are sleeping on Do Bronx. The way he just flat embarrassed Tony really should've woken up the world, but people still slept on him.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea i will eat crow.

That sucks for Dustin though.

Congrats to Do Bronx! He has a chance to chase history now. He is already the greatest sub artist in history. And he isnt really that old yet. He came a long way. Watching him get finished a few times years back made me have reservations, but not anymore!

His own contemporaries didnt believe in him for fucks sake. Chandler, Khabib, and Gaethje all talked about Oliviera previously being finished by B tier guys and predicted Porier would win.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Can't say that I didn't see the card going the way that it did last night. I was very surprised by the Pena upset though and also thought Cruz would lose. Pena almost made it look like it was a work. Cruz must've been pissed by the DC thing or something - he turned it on in round two and looked better than he has in years. It'll always be hard to figure out that bouncing unpredictability. I thought that was a pretty good card. O'Malley needs to step up and take someone that the crowd is familiar with next.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Bandwagon Bandwagon
you can be leprechaun'd
29fe3c2579364600c864a2a3b7ab0f40.png

heres your avatar of shame
af29753cb93dd11c18e7eb4a2d57244d.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I did want to add that I don't think Pena is going to have as good of a performance in the inevitable rematch. She should expect the best of the best from Amanda in a rematch. I can see Ronda falling because her only real skill-set was the Judo and submissions. Nunes however is an all-around great. That performance by Nunes we will not forget but I also can't forget all of her other successes. That just didn't look like her out there and Pena wasn't doing anything to make me think that a fighter of Nunes caliber would give it up that easily.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Word on the street is Nunes' performance was due to post covid hangover.

• 1Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
6 bonuses for how much total...300k?

Better than nothing, I guess?
i mean the previous ufc w/ tate only one pon was given, it was to the only non decision of the fight card, pretty sad, so it's more of a
"pon really means something"

one time i came into this team and on weekends they'd always get pizza cuz at one point in time they "worked" on the weekends so they always kept getting pizza (as in charged to the company not their own pocket)

well that was done away with real quick, b/c they started treating it like a free weekend meal and not a "hey guys, thanks for staying late, i'll get you some pie's alright?"

(guess who started to really appreciate free pizza after not getting it for a year?)

dana knows when to hold back pons and when to dish em out when they really deserve it.