MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'd honestly rather that PEDs were legal and administered in a consistent and safe way by official doctors. For what MMA athletes put their body through, PEDs absolutely make the training safer and more sustainable. Plus the matches would be better.

I draw the line on TRT and GH. Anyone should be able to get a TRT exemption if they qualify.

General steroid use does have negative impacts on the body. It'd be unfair to fighters to have mandatory dope to compete. Whereas testosterone's side effect profile is extremely mild even when abused like Vitor was doing.

It sucked seeing Frank Mir, Chael Sonnen, and Mirko Cropcop shoved out the door over TRT and GH (another naturally occuring essentially 0 side effect PED when used at appropriate doses).

I'm missing a few other names. The TRT ban retired a lot of fighters. Chael said openly when he retired that his health was more important and he's trying to have children, so not taking certain drugs from his doc wasn't an option. There was a lot of needless goofy shit that happened because of the TRT and recovery drug ban.

Exotics and real steroids should remain banned for deleterious effects on health, that's my personal belief.

Goatface

this has different info

Ngannou said he signed a deal with the UFC in December 2017 – prior to his first heavyweight title shot in a fight against Stipe Miocic at UFC 220 – that had a five-year term. However, he said the champion’s clause in his contract also states that should he hold the title at its expiration, he would be bound to the promotion for one year or three fights.

“That all makes me think it’s optional,” Ngannou said.

Ngannou seemed unclear on his status given the contract’s overall term and the champion’s clause, at one point saying he wouldn’t be under contract until January 2023 “because the global of the UFC contract from the beginning to the end, it cannot pass five years.”

“The UFC contract is very tricky,” he said. “That’s why you sign [a 40-month] contract and you find yourself after four years still dealing with that, even though you have been active.”

The UFC’s standard contracts typically include a “tolling” provision that also allow the promotion to extend them for six months in the event a fighter is not able to accept an offered fight due to injury or other circumstances. Earlier this year, Ngannou turned down a title fight with Derrick Lewis at UFC 265 due to scheduling conflicts. The UFC subsequently promoted an interim title fight between Gane, his former training partner, and Lewis.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I draw the line on TRT and GH. Anyone should be able to get a TRT exemption if they qualify.

General steroid use does have negative impacts on the body. It'd be unfair to fighters to have mandatory dope to compete. Whereas testosterone's side effect profile is extremely mild even when abused like Vitor was doing.

It sucked seeing Frank Mir, Chael Sonnen, and Mirko Cropcop shoved out the door over TRT and GH (another naturally occuring essentially 0 side effect PED when used at appropriate doses).

I'm missing a few other names. The TRT ban retired a lot of fighters. Chael said openly when he retired that his health was more important and he's trying to have children, so not taking certain drugs from his doc wasn't an option. There was a lot of needless goofy shit that happened because of the TRT and recovery drug ban.

Exotics and real steroids should remain banned for deleterious effects on health, that's my personal belief.
Right, and I should have clarified. I'm not suggesting that everyone take EPO or other shit that's going to give you a heart attack. But there are entire classes of currently banned substances that are more or less categorically positive for heath. That includes certain steroids at moderate doses where the effect is to reduce inflammation and increase recovery from training. All of this is the point of doctor supervision.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
all PEDs should be allowed

be japanese

japan loves bob sap
tenso.gif

cro cop knew he couldn't kick through all that muscle so he just cracked his orbital instead
963283588eae30052360b4795fe8064749e34be6.gif

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Crocop's straight left was legendary. People always talk about the kicks, but during his prime in 96 to 2000 in K1 his straight left and timing were the legend. He has a highlight reel of straight lefts.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Crocop's straight left was legendary. People always talk about the kicks, but during his prime in 96 to 2000 in K1 his straight left and timing were the legend. He has a highlight reel of straight lefts.
I miss the late 90s early 2k's MMA stuff. I like the current stuff but man shit was brutal back then.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

this has different info
This article basically confirms Dana White meant Ngannou DOES owe the UFC "one more fight" after Ciryl which I'm pretty disappointed about. I figured they meant Ciryl was the last fight they wanted from him under his current contract. Instead the language used in that article frames it as UFC demanding the full use of the current contract, which includes time in the schedule for at least 1 more fight this year. They want an extra fight out of him after this title fight. That's going to be a massive problem for Ngannou's management.

He's going to sit out after this.

• 1Like

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can we just call an end to Wmma?

Like, we gave it a shot, we really did. Fk is it just awful to watch.

It's like watching people move in slow motion that are extremely weak with the skill of a 12 yo boy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users