MMA Thread

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I don't think it makes no sense. With the current state of boxing and martial arts judging predicting one asshat to arbitrarily go the other ways seems completely realistic.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Any word on what injuries Jones sustained? He usually fucks up his feet when he uses kicks a lot but even in the third round he looked like he was injured.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I can't say that I remember Fedor ever typing out this much text before.

It's as though Nutron has forced him to break the 4th wall, and I'm not sure that I like it. Fedor post gifs pls.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Please give me your lottery numbers this week. You should also call Miss Cleo and ask for a job ASAP.
So most people agree it was a close fight that could have gone either way, yet me claiming a split decision is what I was expecting is out of left field completely fucking batshit crazy?

Wakandan plz.

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
You're all being dumb arguing with this guy. When I'm watching the fights with my roommate, we almost always predict decisions in that way. Obviously we have our own opinion on the exact round score, but with the frequency these MMA judges fuck shit up, how is it crazy to expect a split decision. He just said it in a funny way. Example: "I think Gus took it 3-2, but it's a title fight and shitty judges are going to give it to Jones by split decision". When I'm SURE who the decision should go to, but one round is iffy, I pretty much expect the judges to give it to the wrong guy and mess up the decision at this point.

Anyway, crazy card for the most part. Love seeing Steven Thompson KO people and there were lots of sick finishes. Can't wait for the Jones-Gus rematch.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Whoever called Alexander "Guf" yesterday had me fucked up all night leading up to the fight. I was trying to pronounce his name in my head..."Gufstasson?!? Guffasson?!? Gufsason?!? Fuuuuuuuuu!"

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Hmmm I think there was some confusion with what I was trying to say. I wasnt predicting a spit decision before the fight... I was saying that after the fight, I was expecting judges to give a split decision to Jones based on what I'd seen. Before the fight I expected Jones to win it like most people and that Gustafson wouldn't match up well.

Hope that clears it up and we can all be friends and hold hands.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
You're all being dumb arguing with this guy. When I'm watching the fights with my roommate, we almost always predict decisions in that way. Obviously we have our own opinion on the exact round score, but with the frequency these MMA judges fuck shit up, how is it crazy to expect a split decision. He just said it in a funny way. Example: "I think Gus took it 3-2, but it's a title fight and shitty judges are going to give it to Jones by split decision". When I'm SURE who the decision should go to, but one round is iffy, I pretty much expect the judges to give it to the wrong guy and mess up the decision at this point.
The way he worded his original response was odd. He said, "I had it as a split decision." Typically when we come back here and say who we thought won, we speak as a single judge. You are one person, so you can't have it as a split decision. I understand his point when he came back and explained himself, but the original wording was very confusing.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
5uhiyEb.jpg

I had 1/3 for Gus, 4/5 for Jones, and 2 slightly leaning Jones but not by much. Whatevs, no one cares.

More important, after epically shitting the bed for the first third/half of the year I have climbed in to the top 5 for our pool through completely uncharacteristic consistency.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
5uhiyEb.jpg

I had 1/3 for Gus, 4/5 for Jones, and 2 slightly leaning Jones but not by much. Whatevs, no one cares.

More important, after epically shitting the bed for the first third/half of the year I have climbed in to the top 5 for our pool through completely uncharacteristic consistency.
Jones even uses seatbelts when he's on a hospital gurney. Where is Araysar at?