MMA Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently I forgot to hit submit on my picks, but going off memory I would have done pretty awful anyways.

For the Barboza fight, you could argue 10-8 in his favor for round 2 to balance out the obvious 10-8 first. Castillo landed *nothing* that round and got tore up. Stuffed 2 takedowns and Barboza had a sub attempt. None of which makes NOT giving Castillo 10-8 in the first right, obviously. Also I wish Barboza would throw more combos with those kicks. He's so fast he gets away with it, but if he used punches and feints to set them up he'd be more dangerous.

Was curious so I looked up UFC belt holder ages.

Mighty Mouse: 27
Barao: 26(Cruz is 28)
Aldo: 27
Pettis: 26
Hendricks: 30, Lawler: 31(Holy fuck he's only 31!?)
Weidman: 29
Bones: 26
Cain: 31

Rousey: 26

Average: 27.61

Holy shit, that's young as fuck for a fighting sport. And so many contenders are young as fuck too.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Forgot to post.

SPOILERS - UFC on FOX 9 Full Event GIFs : MMA

And no full event post, but here's 2 from BAMMA

Paul Daley and Victim

1.gif

And Judo Jim Wallhead vs. Florent Betorangal

1.gif

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Haha for added effect he does a little jump right before impact so it looks like daley knocks him into the air.

In other news Ronda is ranked #10 p4p:
UFC Rankings presented by RAM

I wonder if the person who put her there thinks she could beat Urijah, Benavidez, Dodson, Michael McDonald etc.

Also it's funny that A. Silva is ranked higher than Weidman on the p4p list but ranked lower in the MW list. P4P is bullshit in general but UFC is really hamming it up.

also Cody's shorts:
BbetYmZIgAAUqWf.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fedor must have posted this before, but I can't remember and have to be sure it's shared.

Zs6whaA.jpg

Jared Hess from his fight with Alexander Schlemenko back in 2010.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is it possible for a man to win a fight against a woman?

I feel like if I got in the cage with Christine Santos (Who would thoroughly embarrass me) people would still cheer for the woman.