MMA Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, he is coming across as a bit douchey right now. Don't see him getting KO'd though.
The guy apparently scored a slam on him in practice years ago when Cormier was having life issues and has used that to shit talk about DC "crying" after. Cormier shut him out and dominated when they wrestled in a real match, with Cormier fighting 24kg above his normal weight class. Apparently that practice is something that's really stuck with him.

I don't mind an angry DC. He was supposed to be fighting a fellow title contender for a shot at the belt, instead he's fighting a guy he already dislikes who really didn't earn this fight. Dude just knows how to get under his skin. You never see DC acting like this. I think he's gonna knock dude's head off, but it really could go the other way if it's got him that mentally off his game.

edit: Let's not forget this is DC when he really unloads. Against a guy Mark Hunt and Alistair Overeem couldn't put away.

aysyrl.gif

And now he's fighting at 205 and appears to have made the weight cut without trouble? Duuuude...

Jack Slack: Daniel Cormier Does Wrestling Right | FIGHTLAND

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Badr Hari gets 1.5 year prison sentence - NL Times

Yeah, probably the most gifted heavyweight kickboxer of the last decade wasting away his prime because he's a psycho. Not that this is a surprise or anything, he's already served 6 months.

Also Cyborg is talking about dropping to 135 for 3 fights, Invicta belt and then beating up Ronda twice.

NOW, I've said before I think she's whip Ronda's ass. But I was thinking about it tonight and I'm not so sure. I mean, of course she'll beat her up on the feet. But women in general(including Cyborg) do NOT knock each other out clean, meaning it's going to hit the ground with Ronda still mostly aware. Love or hate that bitch she's tough as nails. And after a grueling cut for Cyborg the strength advantage won't be nearly as pronounced as we like to think. I'd probably still lean towards Cyborg, but not nearly as heavily as I used to.

Of course it's possible Cyborg would really make it a pure kickboxing match if she was smart. No clinch and never go to the ground with Rousey no matter how hurt. Even then though Cyborg will be completely gassed by the 3rd/4th/5th. I am actually looking forward to a possible women's match(that won't happen) in this case. Which is rare.

edit: I wonder if Tiffany Van Soest is ever going to jump to MMA. She fights MT at 125, right between the 2 UFC women's divisions. I'm sure she could make one of them. Hope she does end up going for it while she's still young.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'd love to see a fight between Ronda and Cyborg. Would be the first woman's superfight imo, unless you count the destruction of Gina Carano (which I don't)

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I dunno, I still think Cyborg would beat the shit out of Ronda. She is so vicious with her striking, and Ronda looks totally uncomfortable in the striking game. If Cyborg keeps her at range there is no chance for Ronda to win that fight.

Of course it is all a pipe dream at this point, so yeah

Edit: Well shit. The fantasy site is having issues and I haven't got my picks in yet. They better fix that shit!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
DC at -950, seems about right! I was really looking forward to that fight with Rashad, what a shame.

Vasgaroth

Trakanon Raider
Anyone having issues with mma-tv.net or know of an alternate stream? It's saying I'm a free member and I re-donated about 30minutes ago..

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone having issues with mma-tv.net or know of an alternate stream? It's saying I'm a free member and I re-donated about 30minutes ago..
Haven't used it in months as it was giving pretty shitty performance. Looking for a HQ stream once the PPV starts.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Alexis Davis has got some Tim Sylvia belly going on there.

Pretty good start for the women's fight. Sure doesn't seem like either of them has enough power to finish with strikes though

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Alexis Davis has got some Tim Sylvia belly going on there.

Pretty good start for the women's fight. Sure doesn't seem like either of them has enough power to finish with strikes though
Doesn't seem like either of them knows how to strike well enough to finish with strikes. Windmill ftw