MMA Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It won't happen. But if it does Nick is getting fuckingwreckedif Silva is anywhere near 100%. His whole take 1 to give 3 thing isn't going to work on someone who has better reach, harder hits, and has fought comfortably at 205lbs before.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Oh I think it may very well happen, but completely agree Diaz gets destroyed. I am honestly not even sure it is going to be much of a fight as long as Silva isn't hesitant about his leg and goes in totally confident.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Usually when fighters snipe back and forth before a fight I am almost instantly sick of it, but I am loving the back and forth between Bones and DC. I check /r/mma once a day or so and the two of them are just back and forth and it's all sort of good natured but still serious and it's just working for me. Neither one is going over the top with stupid bullshit or clearly hyping the fight, but both are just sounding supremely confident. While still keeping it light. DC had the new shirts made, JJ posted a video of his daughter saying her daddy was gonna beat DC up.

I know some folks go in for the bad blood grrrrrr I HATE YOU stuff but I love when 2 guys clearly respect each other but still engage in some back and forth. JJ posted a little instagram video of a cut he got in training. DC responded with

c9uCEKN.jpg

JJ came back with this little video.

The more Jones does this stuff and trolls Gus the more I like the guy.

This was on Gus' Instagram, some fan drew it I guess.

Bts0NqpCYAA3Dkl.jpg

Seriously, the fewer fucks JJ gives the more I like him.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit. I read that headline and thought it was going to be some joke, but Jones threw some serious punches there. I think Jones fucked up though. He put his head right on DC, and when DC shoved him he started throwing punches. Wonder if there is going to be any repercussions for that.

Edit: Slightly different angle to the video and more shit talking from Jones

Video: Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier come to blows at UFC 178 media tour - Bloody Elbow

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I was positive this was faked when I first heard of it, but sure doesn't seem so from the footage. Jones definitely was throwing. I also thought one of the security punched DC on the ground. Don't know what that was about.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love Conor McGregor laughing and posing for selfies with fans immediately after it gets broken up. That dude is amazing.

Pre-fight scuffle shit is always so retarded to me. This did settle me firmly in the DC camp for this fight though. I still love JJ going full villain=P

Nutron_sl

shitlord
I love Conor McGregor laughing and posing for selfies with fans immediately after it gets broken up. That dude is amazing.

Pre-fight scuffle shit is always so retarded to me. This did settle me firmly in the DC camp for this fight though. I still love JJ going full villain=P
He's my new favorite mma fighter
biggrin.png

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Two of the most intelligent (outside and inside the octo) fighters in the UFC risking their paychecks for machismo? No way. 1000% staged... and I love it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
BuN7AQCCEAAf9Iq.jpg:large

It looked real to me. JJ wouldn't throw a punch like that if it was fake. The W. Silva vs Sonnen thing was a setup, but this wasn't planned. DC doesn't like getting headbutted.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DC is super respectful but he seems to go full killer when he thinks someone is going over the line. He might as well have been life long besties with Hendo and even building up to the Barnett fight with Josh doing his schtick he never got worked up. But he though Pat Cummins went over the line and got all super serious before embarrassing him.

This doesn't make him special or anything, but it's interesting to watch his demeanor change.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure why Jones is bragging about putting DC on his back. I mean, they fell off the fucking stage, it wasn't like he shot in for a double leg.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm not even sure what I'd expect the odds for the fight to be, but I guess I felt that it would be somewhat even but the lines I looked at still had Jones favored. I'm not sure how much of an advantage Jones' reach will be, but I kind of hope that it isn't a factor and that DC will go beastmode. Also, isn't DC injured atm?

Jones is just being a mouthy cunt is all.
I remember us arguing about Jones when he was still climbing the rankings about whether he was a douchebag, just cocky or if he just felt that he wasn't getting the respect he deserved. When he started dominating everyone they threw at him I guess everyone just figured it was a respect thing, but I still feel like he has an attitude at times. I don't know why, it's just a feeling.

I wasn't that phased by them going at it, it happens. But the grandstanding and the"YEAH! YEAH!"afterwards just seemed outta place.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not sure why Jones is bragging about putting DC on his back. I mean, they fell off the fucking stage, it wasn't like he shot in for a double leg.
It's the mental game someone plays when they're fighting someone they would rather strike with than wrestle. Notice that whenever he can Jones talks about out-wrestling DC. He wants DC to prepare to wrestle Jones and defend takedowns. But JJ's core strategy will be to out range DC.

JJ's douchiness is probably from being a douche, but he's also trying to drum up his fake persona to either hype a fight or be respectful. He just doesn't have the charisma to pull it off.