MMO Glitches / Sploits

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
During Luclin there was that update that allowed any macro'd abilities (Warrior AoE taunt / Monk Mend / etc) to be immediately refreshed very easily. This wasn't fixed immediately. My guild never attempted to kill Ventani the Warder before but due to this bug I convinced my guild to let me tank her as a Monk. I used infinite Improved Mendings (and was being healed via clerics) to stay alive. We killed her and she was generous enough to drop 2 monk robes
biggrin.png

Terial

Trakanon Raider
In EQ1 in Mistmoore, you could use levetate to climb a certain tree in the courtyard which gave you access to the roof where mobs could not reach you, from there (as an enchanter) you could Mezz a mob and blast it for full exp while a group was killing it as Mezz would clear aggro list and give it to you so the game thought you were the one dealing most of the dmg
smile.png

On a side note you could just blast any mobs from up there and they could not path to you so you could farm exp all day long.. of course no loot but still free exp in mistmoor
smile.png
I use to spend hours on end up there...

To add to that, when i was a guide since i knew of this place, i use to turn invisible, go to the roof and find people there where i would summon the mobs they were farming up to the roof where they would die where i would then come in, give them their corpse back and give them a warning on their account for exploiting
smile.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember in Kunark using /guildinvite Trakanon_01 at the zoneline to see if he was up. If he was up you would get a "Cannot invite NPC" message or something to that effect. If he was not up, you would get "Player not found" or similar. Made it super easy to scout other mobs this way as well.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fawe's post made me remember that Mass Group Buff was bugged when AA's first came out. You could click the AA, cast your buff and interrupt it mid-cast by ducking. The AA would reset itself, but your next group buff would still go off and hit everyone. I was the raids buff Shaman and this made things so much more enjoyable.

It eventually was fixed, but the AA should have never had such a long reset timer to begin with.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You can use peerblock to disable CRZ in WoW but it won't show any mobs if you do so.

The workaround is to drop a noodlecart and for some reason that will show the mobs in its vicinity while it is up.

Not super simple on moving targets but there are workarounds for that.

Google around for different ways to do all this and you should stumble on a walk through.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
TSW released its first raid mob Unutterable Lurker with a secret path that would take you behind it. From there you could dps and kill it while it wouldn't attack you and for some reason you wouldn't even get a lockout. Got full 10.5 everything in a day. The same guy that designed that also had another dungeon with hidden game breaking paths so I'm not sure if this was intentional or not

elbas

Molten Core Raider
A few EQ1 exploits:

Infinite repeat quests with stackable items: They changed the quest window so that if you gave something that wasn't needed, the NPC gave it back. If the quest giver wanted stackable items, you could give him a stack with more than he wanted and he'd give you the stack back, but still gave you credit for that item. There was a mouse(?) in Chardok who wanted two gems (ruby, sapphire?). Since they were both stackable, I had MQ in a loop handing them in. I did this at 60 and the exp bar went up so fast I could see it moving. It took me a week to find a good quest which only took stackable items and then they fixed it the next day.

Use vendor to create infinite stacked items: If you had a stack of items, you could use ctrl-click to sell just a single item. In one patch there was a bug where the vendor would increase his stock by however many you had in your stack even though you only sold him one. So say you had two blue diamonds. Use ctrl-click to sell one to a vendor. The vendor's inventory would actually be 2. Buy the stack and now you have 3. Ctrl-click to sell 1 and the vendor's stock is now 3. Buy back 3 and now you have 5. Repeat as necessary. Great for tradeskill items. Eventually got banned because my bazaar mule had stacks and stacks of rare tradeskill items for sale.

Unban: There was a bug in the cookies of the EQ account window. To unban the account, you needed a good account. Bring up a browser window (Browser A) and log in with the good account. Go through the account menu as if you are going to cancel the account. Stop at the screen with the confirmation button. Bring up a second browser (Browser B). In the second browser, log in with the banned account. Go back to the first browser (Browser A) and click the confirmation button to cancel the account. The cookies got messed up and it would "cancel" the banned account, moving it to the closed state. You could then re-activate the banned and it was completely normal.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know if you figured that stuff out yourself, but if you did, it's pretty genius.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
A few EQ1 exploits:
Unban: There was a bug in the cookies of the EQ account window. To unban the account, you needed a good account. Bring up a browser window (Browser A) and log in with the good account. Go through the account menu as if you are going to cancel the account. Stop at the screen with the confirmation button. Bring up a second browser (Browser B). In the second browser, log in with the banned account. Go back to the first browser (Browser A) and click the confirmation button to cancel the account. The cookies got messed up and it would "cancel" the banned account, moving it to the closed state. You could then re-activate the banned and it was completely normal.
That is genius, and with their account security it probably still works :p Wouldve been handy after being banned for duping (see my previous post in this thread lol).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This wasn't super leet sploits, but I used to farm the fuck out of Tower of Frozen Shadow on my mage when Velious first came out. Each for (there were 6) had a rare spawn who dropped loot and the key to the next floor. If you were too far away from an npc it would give you a white text message saying "You are too far from a_zombie_00 to trade," but if it was a placeholder it would have a pound sign (#) in front of the name: #a_zombie_00. This made it really easy to not stress about clearing a whole floor, just find the ph and keep that area clear.

I probably spent a hundred hours trying to figure out the riddle of Tserrina and the rumored 7th floor. Oh to be a naive teenager again.

Jim Russel

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wow 1.0 you could cast a spell and cancel at the last second without initiating a global cooldown or spending mana. I'd spam gheal in raids and cancel at the last moment unless the tank was down on hp. This allowed me to heal for a ton and never go oom (priests typically indiscriminately spammed lesser heal which was faster but mana inefficient and didn't heal for much). This also kept me lower on the aggro list because I avoided overhealing. My guild only posted total healing charts (if they posted healing charts at all). When I posted the total healing sans overhealing chart they invariably told me my add on was broken because it was inconceivable that someone in gear mostly from brd and Scholo could consistently top the charts. Pretty sure they changed this in tbc but I quit long before then so I don't know for sure.

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
A pally buddy of mine figured out that if you traded any item with charges in a bag to an npc who said,"Sorry ___ I don't need this, you can have it back." You would get the item(s) in said bag back fully charged. I remember charm kiting in PoDisease around lvl 49 on my SK using Grimror to recharge my puppet strings. lol. Me and my buddy also duo'd Lodizal by recharging his SoulFire. It got nerfed a month or two after we figured it out, and so I don't think we really utilized that sploit as well as I would have liked, in hindsight.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Wow 1.0 you could cast a spell and cancel at the last second without initiating a global cooldown or spending mana. I'd spam gheal in raids and cancel at the last moment unless the tank was down on hp. This allowed me to heal for a ton and never go oom (priests typically indiscriminately spammed lesser heal which was faster but mana inefficient and didn't heal for much). This also kept me lower on the aggro list because I avoided overhealing. My guild only posted total healing charts (if they posted healing charts at all). When I posted the total healing sans overhealing chart they invariably told me my add on was broken because it was inconceivable that someone in gear mostly from brd and Scholo could consistently top the charts. Pretty sure they changed this in tbc but I quit long before then so I don't know for sure.
There used to be an addon that would do this for you. I would spam holy light on the Tank and if he was above a certain percentage it would cancel it for me.

Less of a exploit and more of a bug but I think it was the second day after release my character "phased" out of the world. I couldn't interact with anything but no mobs had agro, and I didn't have a breath or fatigue bar. Ran all over the eastern kingdom continent racking up exp for exploring. After that I ran out to the maelstrom, which was just a wall if I remember right.

seanc_sl

shitlord
Back during Naxx 40 in WoW, my paladin's divine favor bugged out. It would give the next spell you cast to have a 100% chance to crit. Combined with the talent that refunded 100% of the mana cost of the spell if you crit, I could never run out of mana. It was pretty awesome until I finally pulled healing aggro at Noth and got gang raped by skeletons!

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Right after they added the honor and bg system stuff in wow, while Rag was still first being progressed on, all the raiding guilds on Medivh quickly discovered that using the PvP banner that gave people 10% hp or whatever, would crash the zone. They eventually just disabled the banners in raids completely, but if you knew someone was attempting a boss you could just crash them out and force all the trash to respawn. (Took a bit for us to realize what was causing it, it was at the point where Ascent, Fury, all of us would let everyone know when we were attempting Rag since the server was likely to crash).

You can use peerblock to disable CRZ in WoW but it won't show any mobs if you do so.

The workaround is to drop a noodlecart and for some reason that will show the mobs in its vicinity while it is up.

Not super simple on moving targets but there are workarounds for that.

Google around for different ways to do all this and you should stumble on a walk through.
You don't need the noodle cart in deepholm, which is nice. Got Aeonaxx and TLPD with this over the last week or two.

businesscats_sl

shitlord
In lineage 2 during Chronicle 1 the best exping spot was anthara's lair - it had the highest level mobs at the time. To get to anthara's lair you had to fight lesser, essentially trash but still dangerous, mobs and run through this canyon. Instead of wasting time running through the canyon and dealing with annoying trash mobs you could subvert it all through an exploit. The entrance to anthara's lair, at the end of the canyon, was adjacent to this mountain wall that separated where the mobs were significantly lower in level. You could just run to a point and click on top of the mountain wall and the glitch run teleport you to the top of it where you could just simply jump off and be at the entrance.
I completely forgot about how great that AL entrance glitch was. My favorite was probably the 4 corners teleport one just becuase doing the lv40 class change sucked balls in prelude. You were going through Dragon Valley so much it was way cheaper to just run to the spot and soe to Oren, Dark/Elven Village, Dion, or Giran instead of paying the teleport costs.

Nasonex

Molten Core Raider
in vanilla WoW I was duoing with a friend. We did a Priest/Warlock combo. We discovered that I could resurrect his sacrificed demons if we timed it. We did alot of grinding with him having VW pet out and the bonus for saccing it (I think it was 3% hp regen every 4 seconds)

not a big exploit but it made things easier.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
SWG exploits...

Normal Item duping with the auction house Subject A buys item as Subject B removes it..
Credit Duping with Houses see auction house exploits.
Triple damage sliced weapons
Putting 12 pearls in my saber and going to c-net and one hitting the entire town.(saber tef days)
Force running exploits
Fiegn death exploits in DWB for skill tapes.
128 skill point exploit that happened with PUB 9 then happened again with Pub 14 then could two professions at the same time in NGE
45K Ham swoop bike exploits.
Armor On Armor off macro post pub 9 fixed in the next pub.
Droping houses around an Ancient Kryat so I could solo them
More geometry exploits than I can Count few off the top my head the Theed Bridge, The Hill behind the Theed starport, Hiding in Trees to solo elder nightsisters
PSG exploits with Lightsaber resist
and many many more I forgot about or unclear why the fuck I did them.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wish I had known about some of these. Mine I don't even consider exploits, since they're not even close to on par with stuff like giving a vendor items and he gives you back more shit type stuff.

Early in EQ, druid wolf form wasn't KOS in Mistmoore. Could run around and kill all the named. I'm pretty sure I used this in conjunction with the roof top exploit. Farmed a shit ton of those capes from the dude behind the castle.

On PVP servers if you deleveled, you would keep your stats. I had an account with a paladin and got full planes gear and basically all no drop items. I didn't give a shit about Rallos Zek server much, and didn't play the char, so I decided to delevel it a TON. Ended up with a basically unkillable PVP char (since PVP was level locked). Eventually they did fix it where your stats would drop to whatever level you were, and then eventually level locked gear came.