Monster Hunter Rise

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok, so started up charge blade for the 1st time. My god is this weapon...a PITA. So I am usually number one DPS wise as long as there isn't an HBG player that knows what he is doing. With charge blade? Dead last. Is there a "trick" to using this? Staying in axe mode? Don't worry about that ultimate etc. Use vials as soon as you get em?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Is there a thing you have for DPS numbers? I forgot if there was one in World for PC. Not 100% interested in being tops or anything just kind of wondering.

My RNG is catching up to me. Multiple Rathian, Rathalos, Kushala, Teostra, etc Gems but have run probably 40 Magnamalo without a purple orb. I just want one damn Handicraft decoration!

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah you need a mod for damage meters.

I think I'm bored already at around 100 hours in. Put in around a dozen or so hunts with a few others weapons to see if I could change it up, but the overall lack of difficulty mixed with boring maps that aren't really exciting to roam around exploring kind of killed the "1 more hunt" desire.

Obviously got monies worth and the expansion will add some future mileage.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Is there a thing you have for DPS numbers? I forgot if there was one in World for PC. Not 100% interested in being tops or anything just kind of wondering.

My RNG is catching up to me. Multiple Rathian, Rathalos, Kushala, Teostra, etc Gems but have run probably 40 Magnamalo without a purple orb. I just want one damn Handicraft decoration!

Download this. Put it in your Monster Hunter folder.

Bottom left side of screen...

1643392602764.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Bottom left side of screen...

View attachment 395432

Interesting...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ok, so started up charge blade for the 1st time. My god is this weapon...a PITA. So I am usually number one DPS wise as long as there isn't an HBG player that knows what he is doing. With charge blade? Dead last. Is there a "trick" to using this? Staying in axe mode? Don't worry about that ultimate etc. Use vials as soon as you get em?
Do you have a proper setup for it? Load Shells 2 is pretty much mandatory and replaces Focus 3 from World(you can still use focus but it's honestly kinda shit it feels like). Load Shells let you get 5 phials as soon as the gauge is yellow, instead of red, so you can usually get it with one charged Circle double hit and then another random hit. Very easy to constantly get phials with it. You also want at least Rapid Morph 2, preferably 3 but that depends a bit on your decos/talismans. Past that there's two main builds, the standard discharge build which works on maximizing phial damage as well as to some extent hit damage, and the axe spammy build which is more about normal attacks.

For normal build, you want Artillery 3 and preferably as much attack boost as you can fit, but you still kinda want WEX too so you can crit with your big axe hits. Personally I found Axe Hopper to be a lot better for this build, you can build phials fast enough with the normal attacks, and then when you have an opening you can do Axe Hopper and get big damage in. The advantage is while in the air, you can aim in any direction for your SAED, while if you do it "normally" from axe combos or after a guard point, you're very limited in correcting your angle so if the monster moves you're super fucked. Also when you can't find an opening, charging the sword then doing Triangle Triangle > Triangle+Circle combos is suprisingly high damage since every hit procs a phial and it's very fast, with impact phials you can also KO stuff by doing that in their face.

Axe build I haven't done, but basically you replace the first switch skill for charged sword with the axe one instead, and you charge up the axe, and it's similar to World Iceborne version where you get axe attacks that also pop phials and shit. It's very high sustained dmg, but it's kinda slow and clunky so fast monsters tend to shit on you. One change from world is in that mode, if you use your standard Triangle attacks, you gain phials, while Circle attack expend phials, so you can technically stay in axe mode forever(in Iceborne it was just an alternate way to consume phials). Build is standard stuff(+ load shells and rapid morph, but don't need artillery for this).

I've been doing standard build and while it's not great, if you can get good openings it does pretty ridiculous damage. Axe Hopper is like 200 on initial hit, then 300 on SAED hit with 4 or 5 explosions doing 100 each, so when you land it, it chunks stuff up, but the idea is to not force it that much and instead rely on charged sword combos to whittle down the monster and look for KOs/knockdowns/palico CC to get the big hits in. Sometimes Guard Point > SAED also works out nicely as it's faster so you can make use of it on certain monster move you know have recovery after them but not too long. It's certainly not my favorite weapon but I use it every now and then to change stuff up.

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Do you have a proper setup for it? Load Shells 2 is pretty much mandatory and replaces Focus 3 from World(you can still use focus but it's honestly kinda shit it feels like). Load Shells let you get 5 phials as soon as the gauge is yellow, instead of red, so you can usually get it with one charged Circle double hit and then another random hit. Very easy to constantly get phials with it. You also want at least Rapid Morph 2, preferably 3 but that depends a bit on your decos/talismans. Past that there's two main builds, the standard discharge build which works on maximizing phial damage as well as to some extent hit damage, and the axe spammy build which is more about normal attacks.

For normal build, you want Artillery 3 and preferably as much attack boost as you can fit, but you still kinda want WEX too so you can crit with your big axe hits. Personally I found Axe Hopper to be a lot better for this build, you can build phials fast enough with the normal attacks, and then when you have an opening you can do Axe Hopper and get big damage in. The advantage is while in the air, you can aim in any direction for your SAED, while if you do it "normally" from axe combos or after a guard point, you're very limited in correcting your angle so if the monster moves you're super fucked. Also when you can't find an opening, charging the sword then doing Triangle Triangle > Triangle+Circle combos is suprisingly high damage since every hit procs a phial and it's very fast, with impact phials you can also KO stuff by doing that in their face.

Axe build I haven't done, but basically you replace the first switch skill for charged sword with the axe one instead, and you charge up the axe, and it's similar to World Iceborne version where you get axe attacks that also pop phials and shit. It's very high sustained dmg, but it's kinda slow and clunky so fast monsters tend to shit on you. One change from world is in that mode, if you use your standard Triangle attacks, you gain phials, while Circle attack expend phials, so you can technically stay in axe mode forever(in Iceborne it was just an alternate way to consume phials). Build is standard stuff(+ load shells and rapid morph, but don't need artillery for this).

I've been doing standard build and while it's not great, if you can get good openings it does pretty ridiculous damage. Axe Hopper is like 200 on initial hit, then 300 on SAED hit with 4 or 5 explosions doing 100 each, so when you land it, it chunks stuff up, but the idea is to not force it that much and instead rely on charged sword combos to whittle down the monster and look for KOs/knockdowns/palico CC to get the big hits in. Sometimes Guard Point > SAED also works out nicely as it's faster so you can make use of it on certain monster move you know have recovery after them but not too long. It's certainly not my favorite weapon but I use it every now and then to change stuff up.

I never played charged blade, so some of those terms are lost on me. WEX? Hopper?

What armor set are you using?

I do have the five vials.

I've been using charged double slash, into shield thrust to fill the vials. As soon as filled/red, I convert those vials into my shield. BTW is there an easy way to convert vials to shield instead of the three moves that lead to element roundup that push em to the shield?

This is where I'm a little lost on the DPS rotation. What is the rotation? Should I be saving the ultra elemental discharge? Or using the vials as I get em just swing the big ol' axe?

Pretty much what I am doing during fights...

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
WEX is weakness exploit. Axe Hopper is a switch skill for iirc the 3rd skill, replaces the guard counter thing, have to do the quest for it. The counter basically gives you 5 phials which is ok, but Axe Hopper is an axe attack(can use from sword form though) than then jumps into the air, and from the air you can do a normal axe attack, a single phial axe attack or directly a SAED from the air. And since it lets you aim, even if the enemy moves behind you, you can turn around and smack it right in the face which is why it's great, or adjust to hit the tail and such.

For the armor, a basic one would be off the top of my head cause I'm too lazy to login, almudron helm for rapid morph(I have a talisman with 2rapid morph 3partbreaker so I use that instead, I think I use teostra instead for some crit), vaik chest for slots, valstrax gloves for 2wex or bazelgueuse for load shell+guard up, bazel belt for load shells+guard(not necessary but load shell is) or anjanath for attack boost+sockets and bazel legs for 2 artillery. Can mix and match other pieces depending on talismans and stuff, but bazel 3pieces is nice to cover most of the skills needed and only need 1 deco of stuff, while giving some nice utility with Guard Up and Guard(not a huge deal but it's "free").

Point of Load Shells is you don't have to wait for red. You get Yellow, you charge and get 5 phials out of it. Without loadshells, you only get 3 phials so you basically have to spend twice as long to charge up to get to red first, so it saves some time up.

For how to spend them I guess it depends, the style I use I just use them on the big SAED hits, or Axe Hopper, so yeah I just keep them. I don't use the Spinning axe skill though, I use the baseline sword charging skill instead as I prefer that. I do sword stuff and fish for an opening with block/guard point. Guard points are stronger blocks you get on certain of your animations, for example when you switch from sword to axe, at the very start of the animation you auto guard, and you can use that to block enemies, and immediately do a SAED if you do block with it without needing to transform to axe first. So you can use that move as a "counter" of sort, as long as you time it right(if too early you'll transform into axe and just eat the attack instead so yeah). Guard points will also deal phial damage if your shield is charged, so sometimes you'll KO a monster charging into you with the block, and can immediately follow up with a SAED

That said again, I'm not a huge fan of the weapon and only play it ocasionally, but it needs a somewhat specific setup of skills to work well enough.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oooo. No! I didn't know there were shades!

Took me 3 Apex Azuros to get the Wisdom Crystals but you could probably do it in one with better RNG drops. Asked b/c of your post about the Event Quest earlier. 1 kill gets you the ability to craft them.

I still cannot make blast gem and no idea why. I have all the components and no quests or anything. Must be missing something random somewhere.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Took me 3 Apex Azuros to get the Wisdom Crystals but you could probably do it in one with better RNG drops. Asked b/c of your post about the Event Quest earlier. 1 kill gets you the ability to craft them.

I still cannot make blast gem and no idea why. I have all the components and no quests or anything. Must be missing something random somewhere.

Bam!

ccccc.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Sweet! I didn't even think about tinting them...

Send me an invite if you ever want to do anything. I'm just clearing Event Quests and side quests. Need like one more Valstrax Claw+ to forge both weapons. Then I'll be kitted out, other than the Rampage weapons and I have zero desire to farm the Apex Rath Spike. That game mode sucks.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I don't know if it'd help, recalled your post after this showed up on my feed this morning and thought it was pretty hilarious.

Also, why not just hunt apex rathian than doing the Rampage. Iirc you unlock the hunt after completing the Rampage.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
B/c it was on Page 4 of the Event tab and I never looked there :)
You get a standard HR quest for Apex mobs once you've done the rampage at least once. But if you've never done the rampage versions yeah have to check events. Some of the events are harder versions though(I think all the solo apex events are emergency apex which is harder? and the only standard are the double apex? not 100% sure).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You get a standard HR quest for Apex mobs once you've done the rampage at least once. But if you've never done the rampage versions yeah have to check events. Some of the events are harder versions though(I think all the solo apex events are emergency apex which is harder? and the only standard are the double apex? not 100% sure).

I'll double check there after kiddo is asleep. Pretty sure I'd done them all except for the Master Utushi challenge quests but maybe I missed one.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'll double check there after kiddo is asleep. Pretty sure I'd done them all except for the Master Utushi challenge quests but maybe I missed one.
Well I have all the apex quests there, but maybe you just have never done it in Rampage?

I cleared them all there personally, I'm going through the stupid low rank quests now to try to get everything done, it's fucking annoying though you don't even get mats for talismans so my stock of mats is now dwindling. I'll probably do a few rampage to stock up some and finish that stuff then wait for the expansion.

• 1Like