Monster Hunter Rise

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Just bought and played last night for 4-5 hours. Finished all the level 1 hunts. Anyone with recommendations for armor/weapon to min max ?

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Just bought and played last night for 4-5 hours. Finished all the level 1 hunts. Anyone with recommendations for armor/weapon to min max ?
The beauty is that it is completely up to youuuuuuu! No weapon is better than any other, they just all play different. And honestly the skills on the starter set aren't even that bad, and you can upgrade the armor on any set to match that of a higher level set, it just costs more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
FUUUUUU
1618422755374.png

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope they fixed the charm table. There's something janky going such that your charm loot table is determined on character creation and sticks with you forever.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I hope they fixed the charm table. There's something janky going such that your charm loot table is determined on character creation and sticks with you forever.

That's pretty much par for the course with MH games. World had it w/ decorations as well I believe.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've talked about this already a few months/posts up in this very thread but I've got a question, which MH games were worth playing. I'm definitely playing World/Iceborne, but I'm a fan of playing an entire series (within reason) once I get into something. I was thinking I'd start with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate since that was the first one I wanted to play, then go on to World.

Rise, from what I understand, has a much quicker story than the others, so I was considering slotting it in between MH3U and World. Is there any reason not to play it before World?

Generations looks cool but it's also a massive game, so I'm not sure about that one. I haven't sold my 3DS yet so MH4 is also a potential candidate for this list.

Basically I'm thinking about playing:
-MH3U
-MH4
-Rise
-Generations
-World/Iceborne

Should I play them in a different order than that, and are any of those worth leaving off (MH4?) of the list? I know these games are huge so I wouldn't mind cutting it down to 3 games and leaving MH4 and Generations off the list because of their sheer size. Also because MH4 is relegated to a handheld and Generations is a bit different from the others. If they're both good, I'll leave them on there, no problem. It's just gonna take an age to get through these five, which isn't the worst thing in the world 'cause I really like everything about these games. I could also just play Rise and then World and basically be up to date, but I know I'll want to do more than that based on what I've played of World which is freaking fantastic.

Any older ones that I should take a look at too?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Should I play them in a different order than that, and are any of those worth leaving off (MH4?) of the list? I know these games are huge so I wouldn't mind cutting it down to 3 games and leaving MH4 and Generations off the list because of their sheer size. Also because MH4 is relegated to a handheld and Generations is a bit different from the others. If they're both good, I'll leave them on there, no problem. It's just gonna take an age to get through these five, which isn't the worst thing in the world 'cause I really like everything about these games. I could also just play Rise and then World and basically be up to date, but I know I'll want to do more than that based on what I've played of World which is freaking fantastic.

I am by no means an expert in MH, but keep in mind that they do add a lot of QOL features between each game. Playing them out of order might make the older games feel worse as you'll be missing features added in the newer ones.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
If you haven't played the series yet and aren't a masochist just jump into MH:W/Iceborne and MH:Rise.

The other games are good from a variety of hunt standpoint but the QOL that is missing makes returning to them shit. I have put thousand+ hours into the old games and I would never play them again after MH:W tbh.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I am by no means an expert in MH, but keep in mind that they do add a lot of QOL features between each game. Playing them out of order might make the older games feel worse as you'll be missing features added in the newer ones.

If you haven't played the series yet and aren't a masochist just jump into MH:W/Iceborne and MH:Rise.

The other games are good from a variety of hunt standpoint but the QOL that is missing makes returning to them shit. I have put thousand+ hours into the old games and I would never play them again after MH:W tbh.

Sounds like playing them out of order is a bad idea, and going back to the old ones after the new ones is a bad idea too. If the QOL is that drastic, I'll play them in chronological order. Still considering leaving out Generations and/or MH4, but I don't want to just skip right to the latest two either. MH3U was the main reason I wanted a Wii U besides Xenoblade X and yet I never got it. So if nothing else I might go MH3U->World->Rise.

Also, I am a masochist. I'm replaying Dark Souls 2 in the original, sub-par PS3 version right now just so I can get a second platinum for the game.

• 1Worf

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like playing them out of order is a bad idea, and going back to the old ones after the new ones is a bad idea too. If the QOL is that drastic, I'll play them in chronological order. Still considering leaving out Generations and/or MH4, but I don't want to just skip right to the latest two either. MH3U was the main reason I wanted a Wii U besides Xenoblade X and yet I never got it. So if nothing else I might go MH3U->World->Rise.

Also, I am a masochist. I'm replaying Dark Souls 2 in the original, sub-par PS3 version right now just so I can get a second platinum for the game.

You can play MH4U on pc with the Citra emulator and some tweaks at 1080p@60 fps if your computer isn't too old. It's a hunting game, Capcom already went too far with "QOL" with Rise, at this rate, MH serie will end up just another action pack game where you rape monster in the ass.

Play old one first to understand.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Don't play the old ones .. there really not worth it at all and will only make the overall experince worse.. this coming from someone whos played all of them sense PS1..

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jan. 21....woooooooooooooooooo! Going drop hundreds of hours into MH:R, but after a hundred or so in Elden Ring.