Monster Hunter Rise

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh nice they actually have higher rez textures in that, not just the resolution increase, looks actually pretty decent. Looking forward to grabbing this, assuming I'm done with FFXIV by that time, otherwise I'll just grab it after. Wonder if updates are still gonna be delayed though or if they'll sync earlier.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Demo is out. Runs smooth as melted butter! RX 6800. 5120x1440. 32gigs of 3600 mem. Max settings. 150+ FPS. Graphics are a little cartoony, but you get used to em fast.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Demo is out. Runs smooth as melted butter! RX 6800. 5120x1440. 32gigs of 3600 mem. Max settings. 150+ FPS. Graphics are a little cartoony, but you get used to em fast.
Going to grab this on release, likely cheat my way to where I was on switch though if save can't be transferred.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Going to grab this on release, likely cheat my way to where I was on switch though if save can't be transferred.
They already said they "can't do it", for whatever reason. So yeah have to cheat to get back progress, and cheats probably won't be available right away, although it depends on how it's coded I guess. But yeah a couple weeks after release I expect it'll be pretty simple to just generate saves that are in a similar point.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
They already said they "can't do it", for whatever reason. So yeah have to cheat to get back progress, and cheats probably won't be available right away, although it depends on how it's coded I guess. But yeah a couple weeks after release I expect it'll be pretty simple to just generate saves that are in a similar point.
That or I will take the opportunity to just play through again and learn a couple new weapons, what ended up being top tier? Long sword and light bow gun right?
I went full switch axe and while powerful it really isn't for me.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hatorade Hatorade and I played this extensively on the Switch using voice via Mobile. Fantastic game can't wait to play it with some real graphics even though the game was so fun Switch graphics didn't bother me that much.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Hatorade Hatorade and I played this extensively on the Switch using voice via Mobile. Fantastic game can't wait to play it with some real graphics even though the game was so fun Switch graphics didn't bother me that much.

Silly question. All the footage I see from Switch, all the environments look barren or like arenas. This true? I mean MHW was amazing ion that each zone felt full of life.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Silly question. All the footage I see from Switch, all the environments look barren or like arenas. This true? I mean MHW was amazing ion that each zone felt full of life.

I think the environments were better in world for sure. :(

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

There is way faster movement so you don't really notice.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Stopped playing this on switch due to PC looking so damn good but holy shit.

They nailed it with this one.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rise and Elden Ring are to use up all my vacation time, and I won't regret it.

• 1Solidarity

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
10 days for Rise on PC release, anyone else planning to go hard? After trying longsword for a bit it is cool/fun but going light bow gun.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I am, maybe. Will see how I like FFXIV savage, if I'm not doing too much of that I'll play a bunch of Rise, if I'm doing a bunch of savage I'll probably play only a little/wait a bit.

I haven't really thought about my weapon though. I guess maybe Hunting Horn as it was changed a lot in Rise, so might as well since it's basically a "new" weapon. That or Sword and Shield I'm thinking. I'll eventually play a bunch of weapons though, there were a few I had no interest in before and it'll likely be the case here too(Hammer/Gunlance/HBG/Bow I don't care much about although HBG I ended up using for various cheeses in world) but everything else I usually run some.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I dunno because really started really late into the Iceborne expansion. I’ve been playing as a GS but I’m still trying to get a Fatalis kill. MP on Fatalis is a nightmare and I need to push more DPS when I try to solo him. Plus Lost Ark comes out next month too.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I dunno because really started really late into the Iceborne expansion. I’ve been playing as a GS but I’m still trying to get a Fatalis kill. MP on Fatalis is a nightmare and I need to push more DPS when I try to solo him. Plus Lost Ark comes out next month too.
I would join a discord and get into a steady Fatalis group. Everyone pretty much has to be perfect but his weapons are worth it.
The again you could just get in on a full heavy bow gun group and watch him die before phase 2.

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I would join a discord and get into a steady Fatalis group. Everyone pretty much has to be perfect but his weapons are worth it.
The again you could just get in on a full heavy bow gun group and watch him die before phase 2.

That's nuts...

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Been messing around with long sword on the Rise demo and I cannot for the life of me feel like I'm playing optimally. Not sure if its because long sword has a little more going on or what. I have been trying with M+KB and played GS/bow in World/Iceborne with M+KB, but I'm thinking I may have to switch to controller if I want to be any good at long sword. I even played a little long sword in World with M+KB, though I probably was only play good, not great. Just seems like the extra button combinations of the wire skills make M+KB a lot harder.

I had no issues with HH on Switch, but that also isn't as combo intensive as long sword. Guess I need to give the controller a shot on the demo before release.

Edit: Did one hunt with my controller on LS and it felt as good as playing on Switch did so maybe its my m/kb settings just feeling off.

Last edited: