Monster Hunter Rise

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I think it flows pretty well but like with most things in Rise there are a lot of changes to the combos. HH is probably the best iteration in terms of fun, but the hardcore HH players didn't like some of the changes. Instead of hunting monsters I'd rather they would give us the training area to practice things properly.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah no training area sucks in the demo, the armor bonuses on the weapons mostly suck as well. No quick sheath on long sword?! That is 90% on the play style for the sweet counters.
Few more days and none of it matters. I am going to try mouse and keyboard since I am also going in with a brand new play style but that muscle memory might be to strong on the controller.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I think it flows pretty well but like with most things in Rise there are a lot of changes to the combos. HH is probably the best iteration in terms of fun, but the hardcore HH players didn't like some of the changes. Instead of hunting monsters I'd rather they would give us the training area to practice things properly.

I know what the issue is for me with HH. You can queue up the songs in any order and have all three play. That is a hella of a lot easier for gameplay, but man it throws me off.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I haven't tried the demo and don't plan on it, but I put about 20 hours into World this week to kick off the rust.

Got 2 friends who have never touched a MH that are going to play so it should be interesting =D

Is the coop still the typical garbage where partying is awful if everyone hasn't finished the story?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I haven't tried the demo and don't plan on it, but I put about 20 hours into World this week to kick off the rust.

Got 2 friends who have never touched a MH that are going to play so it should be interesting =D

Is the coop still the typical garbage where partying is awful if everyone hasn't finished the story?
It went back to the original way they did the story. There is the village portion of the game which is solo and story heavy (for MH at least) and then there is the hub which is multi-player. Village is intended to be played first but you don't have to. Story is loosely continued in the hub but I dont think I ran into any cutscene that required someone to view it first and then rejoin together like in World. All players would just view the short scene at the beginning if a player hasn't seen it yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I dunno because really started really late into the Iceborne expansion. I’ve been playing as a GS but I’m still trying to get a Fatalis kill. MP on Fatalis is a nightmare and I need to push more DPS when I try to solo him. Plus Lost Ark comes out next month too.

Problem with Fatalis was that no one wanted to learn the fight. One death? Everyone started quitting. I just asked who doesn't know fight, and if everyone was cool with a few attempts.

I'm choosing Monster Hunter over Lost Ark I think. The time I spent on the RU servers wasn't fun for me once I hit the Asian grind. Plus it looks like the cash shop will be outrageously expensive.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Problem with Fatalis was that no one wanted to learn the fight. One death? Everyone started quitting. I just asked who doesn't know fight, and if everyone was cool with a few attempts.

I'm choosing Monster Hunter over Lost Ark I think. The time I spent on the RU servers wasn't fun for me once I hit the Asian grind. Plus it looks like the cash shop will be outrageously expensive.
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Just from youtube/twitch it looks like interest in Rise falls off way quicker than World did. Not sure why that is but having a backup (especially a F2P one) wouldn't hurt.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Just from youtube/twitch it looks like interest in Rise falls off way quicker than World did. Not sure why that is but having a backup (especially a F2P one) wouldn't hurt.
At least when Rise first came out the end game had hardly anything to do. The PC version will be getting the same patch the Switch has right now so we should be good hopefully.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
At least when Rise first came out the end game had hardly anything to do. The PC version will be getting the same patch the Switch has right now so we should be good hopefully.
Yeah right out the gate we have everything, from the true ending to all the cosmetic hunts. Stoked as fuck.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hatorade Hatorade and I had a blast playing this on Gamecube (lol sorry) And that was with the limited content 600p30.... Full Fledged everything on PC, it's going to be a fun time. 2k60+ for me.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For those who have played the demo on PC, did you see an graphic artifacts? Been playing today, settings as high as they can be, and there are times when its like I'm looking through a mesh screen with these diagonal lines on character models / land textures. Don't know if its just something to do with the port, or my monitor. MHW doesn't have this issue, nor any other game I'm playing.

Stuff like this:
fugly.jpg

Just playing at 1080 / 60 due my monitor. Haven't pulled the trigger on a nice 32" yet.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
What weapon to focus on... I typically roll Dual Blades and enjoy that playstyle but may go for something slow and heavy here. Love the series, excited to play. Wish it wasn't a pos nintendo game so we could utilize a better graphical base for PC but I'll take what I can get. It looks "okay" and hope the next mainline MH game is designed around decent hardware.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
What weapon to focus on... I typically roll Dual Blades and enjoy that playstyle but may go for something slow and heavy here. Love the series, excited to play. Wish it wasn't a pos nintendo game so we could utilize a better graphical base for PC but I'll take what I can get. It looks "okay" and hope the next mainline MH game is designed around decent hardware.
Yup those are good, all weapons do well in rise but some are made a little redundant do to wire bug moves. HH>Hammer, LBG>HBG, to some extent longsword>great sword. Why they gave the longsword the BEST defensive move in the game I have no idea...

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
For ones who played MHW and Rise on the Switch. Is Rise better than MHW? I played the demo and I know it's only a small part of the demo but wasn't too impressed by it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Friend was really irritated by all the control changes, he's a bit bigger fan of the series than I am though. Haven't touched the demo, going to yolo in on release.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
For ones who played MHW and Rise on the Switch. Is Rise better than MHW? I played the demo and I know it's only a small part of the demo but wasn't too impressed by it.
Better...no. Different, very. I have like 4k+ hours in world and rise had enough changes with same quality of life I happily looked over the graphics down grade.
Demo kinda sucks as well, you don’t get the loop of new unlocks and the like, makes it feel bad.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Just get the damn game man!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
For those who have played the demo on PC, did you see an graphic artifacts? Been playing today, settings as high as they can be, and there are times when its like I'm looking through a mesh screen with these diagonal lines on character models / land textures. Don't know if its just something to do with the port, or my monitor. MHW doesn't have this issue, nor any other game I'm playing.

Stuff like this:
View attachment 392312

Just playing at 1080 / 60 due my monitor. Haven't pulled the trigger on a nice 32" yet.

Yes I get this screen door looking effect effect even at 5120x1400/120Hz.

I have an AMD RX6800 card. You?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Decided I am going to play HH. It took a bit but I got used to it in the demo.

One thing I hate is how they changed the mounting riding.