Monster Hunter Rise

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
MHW created a huge new fanbase for Monster Hunter, I can't believe Capcom would allow themselves to have a new MH title of this quality to be permanently locked to a single platform. It should sell very well on the Switch, but a new MH title for PC would sell even more.
Different team working on this than the MHW one, which probably is already working on a new next gen+PC MH. This will potentially release on PC too eventually, as per the leaks.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
The colors on this one feel washed out don't they? I thought it was just the videos but it doesn't look good. Lots of screen tearing too on a 60hz tv.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
They breaking out single and multiplayer quests again, no more watching a cutscene then backing out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I wanted to like MHW but it didn’t click with me, I didn’t really get it. I’m guessing it would be more fun with multiplayer. Single I was just kind of going on hunts, killing a few monsters and really had no idea what I was supposed to be doing with the shit I got from the hunt.

• 1Solidarity

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
I'm playing MH4U on Citra, having a blast. You can upscale the resolution and play @1080p instead of the 240p of a 3DS.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've got World/Iceborne on PS4 and I really like this style of game, it's something I didn't realize I needed. I should have figured this out when my favorite parts of Final Fantasy 12 and 13 were the optional hunts.

Dunno if I'll ever actually finish this monstrosity, but if I do, what other MHes are worth playing still? I wanted MH3 Ultimate on Wii U for a while back in the day but never got to it. I guess that'd be the next one down? I'm not too interested in PS2 games at this point given how meh they look on a giant HD TV.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I've got World/Iceborne on PS4 and I really like this style of game, it's something I didn't realize I needed. I should have figured this out when my favorite parts of Final Fantasy 12 and 13 were the optional hunts.

Dunno if I'll ever actually finish this monstrosity, but if I do, what other MHes are worth playing still? I wanted MH3 Ultimate on Wii U for a while back in the day but never got to it. I guess that'd be the next one down? I'm not too interested in PS2 games at this point given how meh they look on a giant HD TV.

I played MH3U on the Wii U for a bit and ultimately the underwater battles killed the game for me. It's the only game in the series that has underwater fights and majority of people really hated it. Probably why they didn't put them in the following games heh.

At this point if you want more and are done with World I'd just wait for Rise to come out. Can get this on Switch or just wait for the PC version(which is what I'm doing, can't play this style of game at 30fps anymore).

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Generations on switch, content level is insane if you can get past the feel vs World.

spronk

FPS noob

• locked 30fps
  • 540p handheld/768p docked
  • no AA
  • lacks dynamic foot placement on sloped terrain
  • foliage lacks shadows and what shadows are there aren't animated
overall though pretty positive on switch port. I've never played a MH game and probably won't dip in here, since I'd rather play on PS5 or PC and Mass Effect remastered comes out a week before this

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
No offense, but the things listed are probably of absolutely minuscule importance to MH fans. Until World the game was essentially run on slightly updated versions of a Playstation 2 engine, ported to handhelds. The fact that the Switch version looks better than every iteration but World tells you all you need to know about how the series feels towards graphical fidelity.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Played the demo and it looks pretty good for a Switch game. I've had the CE preordered since October so I'll just keep it.

Seems like this is on the easier side(at least village quest stuff) and there isn't much to do endgame outside of grind the tower defense Rampage quests. Though looks like new stuff is getting patched in sometime in April.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Pretty sure I am going to try and stick with Switch Axe but holy shit light bow gun looks awesome. Was bow main in world, with a little SnS and hammer thrown in and then HBG in iceborne.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Spiderman webs let you do some cool shit.

I'm going Greatsword and you right light bow gun looks hot as shit.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Played Bow for all of World, so leaning toward melee to start this time. Hammer looks really fun and not too complicated so thinking going with that. LBG does look pretty rad too, ugh the choices.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Played Bow for all of World, so leaning toward melee to start this time. Hammer looks really fun and not too complicated so thinking going with that. LBG does look pretty rad too, ugh the choices.
Hammer is my second fav to use overall, it feels great to connect and knockouts are super satisfying.