Monster Hunter: World

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Maybe its just because I love MH so much but it makes me salty when streamers that have had little to no interest over the past 5+ years get early access to the game. I guess 1000+ hours means jack diddly shit.
Makes a lot more sense to give early access to people who don't play the game but have a fair amount of viewers, because it gets the game promoted towards people that might not know the game. If you have one of the usual MH streamer with early access, you can expect most people watching his stream to already know about the game and they have already bought it/will buy it. These early access streams are only about promoting the game, they're a much more cost effective form of advertisement nowadays, and they're treated as such. I thought most big streamers had access too for previews and what not though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Makes a lot more sense to give early access to people who don't play the game but have a fair amount of viewers, because it gets the game promoted towards people that might not know the game. If you have one of the usual MH streamer with early access, you can expect most people watching his stream to already know about the game and they have already bought it/will buy it. These early access streams are only about promoting the game, they're a much more cost effective form of advertisement nowadays, and they're treated as such. I thought most big streamers had access too for previews and what not though.
100% agree.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
To confirm this releases Thursday 8/9 at 10am PST? never done a steam release so want to be sure

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Like I said, I was just being salty due to my love of the game.

If you wanna watch someone that is actually dedicated to the game and can play anything well go check out Canta. Already in the endgame on PC. Not the most entertaining but a chill stream to throw on in the background.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
To confirm this releases Thursday 8/9 at 10am PST? never done a steam release so want to be sure
I saw a discord screen saying 9AM pacific, but that might be stupid daylight saving conversion shit. It's gonna be either 9 or 10, I guess we'll know for sure sometimes today or tomorrow if they bother posting, otherwise just go with what the steam page says(which atm says 1day and 23hours).

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I saw a discord screen saying 9AM pacific, but that might be stupid daylight saving conversion shit. It's gonna be either 9 or 10, I guess we'll know for sure sometimes today or tomorrow if they bother posting, otherwise just go with what the steam page says(which atm says 1day and 23hours).

ok ty sir

If you wanna watch someone that is actually dedicated to the game and can play anything well go check out Canta. Already in the endgame on PC. Not the most entertaining but a chill stream to throw on in the background.

Hes my favorite to watch and actually was pretty interactive. He would do mobs as SnS when I was a noob asking him on stream.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider

Yeah this dude is redonkulous. He's pretty much an expert with every weapon type. He doesn't talk on stream, and only types in chat which is just fine with me. Definitely worth a follow if you are (semi) serious about this game.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Looking at his stream now. Man am I ready to play the fuck outta this game!

Janx

<Silver Donator>

Love watching Canta. Fantastic at every weapon.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is character data stored server side or client side?
client side on PS4, probably client side on PC.

Bl0UbmBKhw2AsL4DmpOYs4k4zdf2I7c6RscOpZ4PhGs.jpg

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Nah not taking off but there will be some LAAAAAAAAAAATE(ALL??) nighters

edit: when the fuck is preload going up (or is it finally).

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's no preload, they said that a while back already. Preloads are shit though unless you have weak Internet. Takes longer to decode the preload than download the game. Last time I was playing a new release I forgot, preloaded Pillars of Eternity 2 I think it was, took like 40mins to decode it. Took 4mins to download. Sadly deleting it and trying to redownload didn't fix it, I probably had to wipe the download cache and what not but figured I'd just wait for the decode instead.