Monster Hunter: World

Ark

Trakanon Raider
Anyone get a DS4 controller to be recognized as DS4? Capcom dev said DS4/Xbox would both be supported, but my DS4 is showing up as Xbox in game, DS4Windows isn't on and steam sees it as a DS4 controller.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I cannot believe they based their CPU requirements around a copy protection software everyone hates. Kudos.

My 2500k and GTX 1070 should be fine playing this (As it plays damn near everything at 2k in 60 Fps) but....

Not like I was going to get this on PC anyway, but still... That's one of the most retarded decisions I have ever seen made from a publisher.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My controller isn't even showing up in game; went through the character creation, town tutorial; restarted client.

Utnayan Utnayan You're fine. My cpu is almost as old as yours and everything is running fine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ark

Trakanon Raider
Well fuck me, restarted to try and get the controller to work, and now it doesn't recognize it at all.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
My controller isn't even showing up in game; went through the character creation, town tutorial; restarted client.

Utnayan Utnayan You're fine. My cpu is almost as old as yours and everything is running fine.

Did you try: Steam > Settings > Controller > General Controller Settings > Checkmark Xbox/PS4 Configuration Support

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Fucks sake...How I sharpen a damn weapon with KB/Mouse?
Hmm the same way you use any items? And I have no idea how mind you I haven't checked, but you use the item menu shit, select a sharpening stone, and then use it. Can put it on a shortcut for easier access.

So far game going well, my PC is suffering though, old piece of shit has trouble keeping a decent framerate and there's weird stuff like everytime I post a quest, it lags like shit for 5seconds, like 1FPS kind of shit while the quest started blue text thing pops, then it goes back.

Also seems I got the daily rewards lucky voucher thing twice.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Also seems I got the daily rewards lucky voucher thing twice.

That can happen. Based on a timer, so can end up getting two. You also don't have to accept the voucher right away if you don't want to. The option to select it saves when you get it, and will still be there if you go out on a mission. If you don't have room for more vouchers, you can use one on a mission, and when you return you can pick the voucher. Not sure how many daily rewards stack when you don't pick them though.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Up to the Anjanath mission with KB/M using a bow. After playing with the keybinds almost everything feels good except using items but that might just take time to adjust after playing years of handheld/controllers for MH. No crashes or major issues with graphics.

Some tips if you're going KB/M and ranged. Fixed your keybinds ASAP because the game has you aim with V.. which is impossible if you wanna be able to use your hand for the rest of your life. I did right click to aim, tab (and side mouse button) for items, and Q for interacting with stuff.

Also if you're KB/M switch the radial menu to work with keyboards and not the gamepad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
A few things here that took some getting used to compared to other action games. At least for me. I never played Tera, but I did play a lot of dark souls so take it with a grain of salt.

Item usage and weapon, "weight." If you use the lance, gun lance, great sword, switch axe (axe mode), heavy bow gun, etc you will move considerably slower than normal if you have the weapon unsheathed. This creates a kind of awkward mechanic to get used to where you need to sheathe and unsheathe your weapon constantly for dodging (using the invincibility frame superman dive as they call it, you can't take any damage but requires you to run at full speed away from a monster and jump for it to work).

Second part about is about item usage. Unless using Sword and Shield. You need to run off sheathe your weapon then drink a potion. Healing Potions are overtime in this game so you will sit there sipping on it (you can slowly walk around while sipping) and any damage taken will interrupt the heal. But you will receive a portion of the healing for the time you sipped. This goes for using any item and they take varying times to be used (from instantaneous to several seconds). You are vulnerable while trying to use them. Learning when to do so is another level of depth to the game.

It all becomes natural quick enough though.
You actually move faster in axe mode with switch axe. Sword mode is slower but where all the mechanics are.

Vasgaroth

Trakanon Raider
Anyone up for PS4 master race behemoth/tempered runs? Let me know PSN is Vasgaroth!

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users