Monster Hunter: World

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So there really isn't any reason to worry about this in low rank, but it surprisingly has a lot of good information on the base game monsters weakness/strengths. I used a similar one on the PS4 version until I had it memorized. Though elements were kind of neutered in this game they're still pretty helpful, even in the endgame.

mhw_monster_weakness_chart.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will say Ancient Forest is going to be shitty once I start fighting Rath / Kushala. I doubt I am capping at 60, but there is a biiig difference between setting the game to 30 vs. 60. Is there a way to actually get a fps reading while playing ingame?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Goddamn i love the mouse and KB with this game, entire new game for me
I'm with Korrupt. I started using hte long sword and had no issues landing the helm splitter. Only took me two tries to beat Anj and thats cause I had just switched to lance and had no idea what button did block. 2nd time was easy.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I will say Ancient Forest is going to be shitty once I start fighting Rath / Kushala. I doubt I am capping at 60, but there is a biiig difference between setting the game to 30 vs. 60. Is there a way to actually get a fps reading while playing ingame?
Using Nvida there's an option in the overlay. I turned steams one on but never saw a FPS counter in game so not sure whats up with it.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
If you're playing a shield class I would consider switching block to the right mouse button. I think it feels more natural. The problem is then you start having to change a few other buttons. I moved the right click interact button to Q, and Q (items) to tab and a side mouse button. Though I'm not completely happy with the item button currently.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I cannot for the life of me make this game prefer my primary monitor. Every time I switch it to 1440p it relaunches and loads on my left monitor and goes back to 1080. Frustrating the shit outta me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there some failsafe system for capturing monsters? I was doing a capture baroth sidequest, when he started limping one of the cat NPCs my cat recruited paralyzed it but I didn't notice he was in limping state so I was doing damage, then he starts running away, I run ahead of him, drop a paralyze trap, but I take a while to find the stupid tranq bomb and he wakes up(I guess because he had been paralyzed already he woke up faster). At that point I'm thinking I'll have to restart the quest but just in case of I drop another paralyze trap ahead of it(I had 2, one crafted, one from the quest chest free shit), and as soon as it walks in it, quest complete message(I thought it was quest failed due to dmg or whatever). Didn't bomb him at all in the end. Does trapping 3 times automatically gets a monster to sleep? Did the pro cat somehow instantly tranq it as soon as it walked in the trap?

Also Event Quests | Monster Hunter: World CAPCOM for the current event rotation on Steam version.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there some failsafe system for capturing monsters? I was doing a capture baroth sidequest, when he started limping one of the cat NPCs my cat recruited paralyzed it but I didn't notice he was in limping state so I was doing damage, then he starts running away, I run ahead of him, drop a paralyze trap, but I take a while to find the stupid tranq bomb and he wakes up(I guess because he had been paralyzed already he woke up faster). At that point I'm thinking I'll have to restart the quest but just in case of I drop another paralyze trap ahead of it(I had 2, one crafted, one from the quest chest free shit), and as soon as it walks in it, quest complete message(I thought it was quest failed due to dmg or whatever). Didn't bomb him at all in the end. Does trapping 3 times automatically gets a monster to sleep? Did the pro cat somehow instantly tranq it as soon as it walked in the trap?

Also Event Quests | Monster Hunter: World CAPCOM for the current event rotation on Steam version.
The Tranq from your previous attempt was still on Barroth, but it will not do anything to a mob unless it is trapped (shock/pit).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The Tranq from your previous attempt was still on Barroth, but it will not do anything to a mob unless it is trapped (shock/pit).
So you can tranq then trap? Interesting, I guess in this case it was good then cause it wouldn't have lasted long enough to tranq him anyway. Also good to know in the future if I fuck up traps again, probably shouldn't recruit additional cats when I'm doing capture shit though.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So you can tranq then trap? Interesting, I guess in this case it was good then cause it wouldn't have lasted long enough to tranq him anyway. Also good to know in the future if I fuck up traps again, probably shouldn't recruit additional cats when I'm doing capture shit though.
if you're playing on PC changing radial menu from controller to kb/mouse is highly recommended IMO. Can hit F1-F2 then 1-0 to quickly use an item instead of scrolling through the menu in the bottom right. Once i get closer to end game I'll probably end up macroing commonly used items to mouse or keyboard buttons. Also for capturing depending on how much research you have on a monster the minimap will display a flashing skull icon when the monsters health is in capture range.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Another side note for anyone who may have remotely installed this through Steam, it seems that your pre-order bonuses don't start active. Just go to Monster Hunter in your library and check the boxes under DLC to activate them. Installing in person on my wife's PC prompted me, so it should only be an issue for remote installs.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Another side note for anyone who may have remotely installed this through Steam, it seems that your pre-order bonuses don't start active. Just go to Monster Hunter in your library and check the boxes under DLC to activate them. Installing in person on my wife's PC prompted me, so it should only be an issue for remote installs.

This happened to me and a friend and we didn't remotely install. So I think everyone should check just to be safe!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm with Korrupt. I started using hte long sword and had no issues landing the helm splitter. Only took me two tries to beat Anj and thats cause I had just switched to lance and had no idea what button did block. 2nd time was easy.

Add me - KrassusJC

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I cannot for the life of me make this game prefer my primary monitor. Every time I switch it to 1440p it relaunches and loads on my left monitor and goes back to 1080. Frustrating the shit outta me.

Think I finally got it to stick and able to keep it there at 1440. Holy frustrating. Haven't seen that in any other game and the sdl_ thing didn't fix it either.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There were people saying the game crashed on startup if they had dual screens so probably just not good with it.

From what I've read, the team who made the port is the same team who made the game and it was their first port. They basically wanted to "train" that team so they can do PC ports later on too, rather than have one of their other teams that usually do PC ports do it, so there's a bunch of shit that's not right. Hopefully they do some patching and fix some of the issues.

That said the game is fun.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it was almost like the game doesn't recognize my monitor can do 1440 fullscreen. And it needs a full restart to switch resolutions. So if I select that and it launches it kicks over to the second monitor at 1080 instead of on the main. And then I can't even move it back to the primary and select 1440 because the game doesn't detect it as a supported resolution.

Anyways, only way I fixed it was bordless windowed on primary at 1440 and it seems to be fine.