Monster Hunter: World

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The issue I was having with the gunlance was blocking. I could block straight on, but if I tried sidestepping it turned my character. Getting me hit. You pretty much need to block, then lock/zoom the camera in. Now the direction you want to sidestep works without spinning your character. Made a macro on my mouse now I'm golden.

I see my level two normal bullets. Do I need to load those? Are they automatically being used?

Tried the normal lance and shield...way too boring. But hella defensive.

Going to mess with the axe and shield next

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The issue I was having with the gunlance was blocking. I could block straight on, but if I tried sidestepping it turned my character. Getting me hit. You pretty much need to block, then lock/zoom the camera in. Now the direction you want to sidestep works without spinning your character. Made a macro on my mouse now I'm golden.

I see my level two normal bullets. Do I need to load those? Are they automatically being used?

I've tried a few different ones so far as well. I started with HBG, and I just felt I was doing no damage. I don't think I knew what to expect for a Monster Hunter game, but plinking away at a Mob for 20 minutes, doing 1-6 damage a shot, sometimes getting lucky with a bigger one with different ammo, wasn't a good time.

Tried Gunlance, and that felt better getting in the mobs face, but still wasn't feeling it. Trying Longsword now, and I don't like having to get into a mobs face, but not having a block. So gonna try Lance next, to see if just going full defensive fits me better.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I have no fucking idea what I'm doing in this game so I'm just randomly stabbing every dinosaur I see?

So far only weapon I'm really feeling is the buster sword. It's so hilariously clunky but my god the damage it does is just insane.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I have no fucking idea what I'm doing in this game so I'm just randomly stabbing every dinosaur I see?

So far only weapon I'm really feeling is the buster sword. It's so hilariously clunky but my god the damage it does is just insane.

Clunky for all the lances is the word I would use.

I finally got everything feeling correct with heavy macros on my keyboard and mouse.

I was hoping for Tera combat...no such luck.

Janx

<Silver Donator>

Need to run more with normal lance. If you're just poking you're doing it wrong ^^.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Clunky for all the lances is the word I would use.

I finally got everything feeling correct with heavy macros on my keyboard and mouse.

I was hoping for Tera combat...no such luck.
Try out normal Sword & Shield, it is more fluid and active. If you find a weapon to be unsatisfying, try another one... its all about finding one that feels right. Could also watch a few videos by Arekkz for some tips. Or just play Bow, practice Dashing around and firing pointblank into the mobs face, or feel the super satisfying feeling of having a dragon piercer go through the mobs entire body to see the dmg numbers burst out like fireworks.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Reading about the “clunk” is hilarious now, lance, GS, etc are fluid as fuck. Get gud noobs. Seriously though been through the same thing and one protip is if you are locking on you are doing it wrong.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Did the weeklies reset randomly? They weren't supposed to reset yet. RIP those ez Wyverian prints.

Crone

I'm back to HBG. I think I wasn't used to the speed of killing. I figured if I switched weapons that I'd be killing shit in 5 minutes, vs 20 minutes, and that's not the case. Feels fucking good to finally kill a monster though, that's for sure!

Really love the different ammo types, and figuring out which ones to use when. Like I noticed that water fucker you get to pretty early in the game. He has a lot of moments where he's standing still, and better believe I lit his ass up with Cluster Bombs!!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm back to HBG. I think I wasn't used to the speed of killing. I figured if I switched weapons that I'd be killing shit in 5 minutes, vs 20 minutes, and that's not the case. Feels fucking good to finally kill a monster though, that's for sure!

Really love the different ammo types, and figuring out which ones to use when. Like I noticed that water fucker you get to pretty early in the game. He has a lot of moments where he's standing still, and better believe I lit his ass up with Cluster Bombs!!

You hanging out in Discord?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Wait til you get the Bandit Mantle and team up with some other HBG users and you all go full auto on a mob; Bandit Mantle is what you use to make money, each hit you do has a chance to drop a cash item.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Starting out Longsword on PC since I was heavy Horn and Lance on PS4. Liking it so far, good change of pace.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did the weeklies reset randomly? They weren't supposed to reset yet. RIP those ez Wyverian prints.
Mine didn't, just in case I went and finished the Anjanath bounty I still had and got the silver wyvern voucher thing.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Several noitifications you can turn on and off in steam. Open your friends list and click the gear icon.
1534015277876.png

Crone

What's it mean when I have X's through some of my ammo? And what's up with auto-make not really working? Looks like it has to be in your stash box to be able to craft it?

e700c6ce752db587e4841ea6bf96ab90.png

Last edited: