Monster Hunter: World

Janx

<Silver Donator>
That affects all games, though. MHW is the only one spamming every 5 minutes someone is playing.
Another quality release by capcom on PC for sure. They couldnt do network code if their lives depended on it.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
What's it mean when I have X's through some of my ammo? And what's up with auto-make not really working? Looks like it has to be in your stash box to be able to craft it?

e700c6ce752db587e4841ea6bf96ab90.png
X means your bowgun can't use that ammo type. Auto craft only works on stuff you pick up while out adventuring.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Autocraft only works with stuff in your inventory, and if you're not capped in whatever you're carrying. You can't carry 2 stacks of things, only one max, so if you're capped on potions(10) for example, you won't autocraft even if you pick up herbs. But if you use one, it'll autocraft a new one to replace it right away. It basically lets you cheat the stack cap by also carrying materials for it and lets you make sure you're always at the max amount if you pickup the right things.

The other thing you can and should do is craft a bunch of shit in your box, and then set up a loadout(I think Esc is the button for it on keyboard, Start on a gamepad, on the manage item screen). You save the loadout, then every mission you just reuse the loadout. It'll also clear your inventory of all the garbage and start you with a fresh inventory. Note that the radial menu is tied to the item loadout, so you can also make different radial menus based on your loadout, but if you make a change to it, you'll have to save the loadout again.

On the guns, while you might have various guns, it's because of their stats and stuff, there's a bunch of different paths. They can use all types of ammo. It's just there's bowguns and bows. Bowguns are basically fireweapons, so they use different ammo(and there's a light and a heavy bowgun, the light bowgun has a few more restrictions in terms of ammo). Bows use coatings, not ammo.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The more I play, the less I think of the PC port, at least with my level of hardware. The gameplay feels unsteady compared to 30fps console, and as I feared, getting into a big fight in the middle of Ancient Forest tanks performance (fighting Rathalos and Rathian with 3 other people was not fun). The Digital Foundry vid posted here was kinda weak, and as far as I could tell from the commentary, they never tested the game when its throwing mobs at you. I think overall playing this on a PS4 Pro or Xb1X would be more enjoyable, unless you have a machine that is better than their recommend specs.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The more I play, the less I think of the PC port, at least with my level of hardware. The gameplay feels unsteady compared to 30fps console, and as I feared, getting into a big fight in the middle of Ancient Forest tanks performance (fighting Rathalos and Rathian with 3 other people was not fun). The Digital Foundry vid posted here was kinda weak, and as far as I could tell from the commentary, they never tested the game when its throwing mobs at you. I think overall playing this on a PS4 Pro or Xb1X would be more enjoyable, unless you have a machine that is better than their recommend specs.
At this point I'd say the PC port is pretty fucking garbage. Honestly hope a bunch of people get refunds on it.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The biggest issue for me is the mouse smoothing/acceleration. No matter what you do, you can not turn around quickly. Combat is just not smooth with M/KB.

2nd is obviously the online play. Have yet to get it to work with PUG's. My buds and I finally got it to work since we were steam friends. This I assume will be fixed soon, since it's the core of most people probably buying.

The lack of graphic options is a PITA. I HATE bloom in my games.

The GUI is absolute shit.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does Green Man Gaming ever give refunds? I didn't buy it directly through Steam.

Edit: Although for me, running i5-2500k OCed, and gtx 970, the games graphics and gameplay doesn't seem bad to me? I thought it was pretty terrible, and then I used GeForce Experience to "optimize" the game, and it made it tons better, and also smoothed everything out. Including that mouse movement/acceleration Brahma Brahma is having troubles with.

But I agree on Ps4 this shit would be way better. The groups are basically just separate instances, there is no "open world" where everyone playing is all in a city and then goes off and does their own thing. That's what I was expecting, and so the way it is now? There's no advantage to doing it on PC.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
For those of you who are just coming on to MHW, here is a quick video I made to help. This is my first real attempt at helping the community.

[LONG LIVE EVERQUEST MONK PULLING!]

Janx Janx it has a dual blades 1'51" :p

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The biggest issue for me is the mouse smoothing/acceleration. No matter what you do, you can not turn around quickly. Combat is just not smooth with M/KB.

2nd is obviously the online play. Have yet to get it to work with PUG's. My buds and I finally got it to work since we were steam friends. This I assume will be fixed soon, since it's the core of most people probably buying.

The lack of graphic options is a PITA. I HATE bloom in my games.

The GUI is absolute shit.
Really? I've had almost zero issues with teaming up via SoS; just search / join and off we go. Easiest way is to make a Friends session, I think. As for Bloom? Turn off Volumetric Rendering, that is the only feature I'd say is close to Bloom.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does Green Man Gaming ever give refunds? I didn't buy it directly through Steam.

Edit: Although for me, running i5-2500k OCed, and gtx 970, the games graphics and gameplay doesn't seem bad to me? I thought it was pretty terrible, and then I used GeForce Experience to "optimize" the game, and it made it tons better, and also smoothed everything out. Including that mouse movement/acceleration Brahma Brahma is having troubles with.

But I agree on Ps4 this shit would be way better. The groups are basically just separate instances, there is no "open world" where everyone playing is all in a city and then goes off and does their own thing. That's what I was expecting, and so the way it is now? There's no advantage to doing it on PC.
Did you try setting the graphics to default and see how it plays? That seems to run the best for me, and it even has Volumetric Rendering on (variable), looks good to me, runs ok (aside from intense settings like I mentioned above). I tried out the nVidia optimization, and to be honest, it ran / looked worse than the games default setting (Mid) to me.

You can sorta have what you thought MHW would be like, but it requires being in a Guild. When you're in a Guild, you can all go to the Gathering Hub (might be a limit to the number of ppl in there at once). You can also join any other members session easily. Note; the PC version, despite its less then hoped for performance is still way better than a normal PS4/Xbox1.

Fadaar

That guy
this is at the title screen....

1111.png

edit: restart and it's only 35~ish, dafuq

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Like I tried to explain before. The open world of the city is ONLY in the Gathering Hub and ONLY applies to the current squad instance you are in. That is how it works.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guess I cursed myself by saying I hadn't been getitng many network errors, lol. Only been able to connect to one SoS for the past few hours, and no one has been able to connect to any SoS I put up. Always getting session disconnects.

Reddit is saying that adding "-nofriendsui -udp" or "-nofriendsui -tcp" to the Steam.exe properties or the On Launch settings for MHW will fix it. I've tried using the strings (udp) on both, but no fix.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Guess I cursed myself by saying I hadn't been getitng many network errors, lol. Only been able to connect to one SoS for the past few hours, and no one has been able to connect to any SoS I put up. Always getting session disconnects.

Reddit is saying that adding "-nofriendsui -udp" or "-nofriendsui -tcp" to the Steam.exe properties or the On Launch settings for MHW will fix it. I've tried using the strings (udp) on both, but no fix.

Its pretty clear even if some people aren't getting network problems there is a large group of people that are. No way that when I search for any High Rank SOS at 10pm on a Saturday night that only 4 missions come up. Should be a ton. Just means that even though I'm online, most people aren't or are going from connected to not.

I'm gonna give it a week before I try to fix it myself but its definitely inconvenient when I don't feel like hunting alone.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well, to be fair, on PS4 pro when I would look for SOS’s I only saw a handful as well. Probably doesn’t help that if people are in a private group/squad/ or set their game to private and only them online in their group, if they send out an SOS no one will see it. You have to be public when connected.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I always create a session open to everyone, and that had been working fine until this morning. Most of the streamers I've seen who are in parties, are using the Friends Sessions, based Steam Friends.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's definitely a bunch of issues with the game, that's why it has mixed reviews(sometimes mostly positive but I think it's at mixed right now). People have computers that they feel should run the game fine but doesn't, people have issue with certain PC setups like the game doesn't even launch or like how Intrinsic couldn't get the game to launch on the right screen, a lot of people have issues with the online stuff, so much that they need to change some Steam shit to somehow make it work better, but not for everyone and finally some people have issues with the game itself, because they expected something different(combat too slow, not enough story, fights take too long, too much grinding etc).

Personally I'm pretty happy, haven't had technical issues, the game runs alright although I had to lower pretty much everything to get it to run alright but I don't mind shitty textures and what not too much plus my PC is like 6years old now I think so it's not that surprising(I think I gained a bunch of FPS switching back to the drivers from july though instead of the august one with MHW "optimization", worth trying if you haven't checked that and have low FPS), I don't care about the multi so all the issues there don't concern me at all and I love the game so far.

I do hope they don't look at their sales and think "well we did a perfect job" and instead look at the reviews with the sales and see "well we fucked that one up, the game is great but the port isn't, let's fix it". Supposedly they sold 2+millions on PC though, which is quite a lot and puts the game at 10+millions overall(and that's with the game on PC being there for less than a week, games on PC tend to keep selling for a long time with sales and shit).