Monster Hunter: World

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did the tempered Kirin quest on PC, are there more quests after this? Can't seem to find an answer from googling, so not sure if I need to keep grinding ranks or not.
At rank 100 there's the final quest. Also doing every optional quest(including all the arena shit) opens a new quest too if you haven't done that. Once you've done everything it shows as red marks on your quest selection thing, blue means you're still missing some sidequests and nothing means you're missing both main story and sidequest(if you've done HR49 Kirin there shouldn't be any non marked rank though since that was the last "main" quest).

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Casually playing and somehow just took WR from Bow and Glutton, also has live stream of me with my daughter as I did the kill lol

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The overall goal of the siege is not to do as much damage as possible, its to break all of her parts at least once, and get pursuit level 6 over the course of 2-3 fights.
Pursuit level makes her parts break easier, and essentially shrinks her life pool for each phase.
You raise pursuit level by picking up tracks and gold scraps (not the white drops, but the gold shavings she leaves.)
Releasing her at pursuit level 1 is a waste of time since breaking he tail in the 4th area is extremely difficult, and thats the only worthwhile thing you can do in that extra 5-8 minutes that you extended the fight.

Pursuit levels 1-2: Break all the parts, gather all the footprints and gold scraps. Don't aim for the horns. Pursuit level 3+: aim for the horn.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The overall goal of the siege is not to do as much damage as possible, its to break all of her parts at least once, and get pursuit level 6 over the course of 2-3 fights.
Pursuit level makes her parts break easier, and essentially shrinks her life pool for each phase.
You raise pursuit level by picking up tracks and gold scraps (not the white drops, but the gold shavings she leaves.)
Releasing her at pursuit level 1 is a waste of time since breaking he tail in the 4th area is extremely difficult, and thats the only worthwhile thing you can do in that extra 5-8 minutes that you extended the fight.

Pursuit levels 1-2: Break all the parts, gather all the footprints and gold scraps. Don't aim for the horns. Pursuit level 3+: aim for the horn.

Awesome and he drops upgraded weapons I remember just not specifically how good they were

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Funny now that I don't need stones, they dropping like hot cakes.
aaa.jpg

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Awesome and he drops upgraded weapons I remember just not specifically how good they were
It's all RNG for weapons, basically once you're done, you get just a bunch of random weapons. You get a certain amount of gold boxes(for the highest tier of weapons), a lot more silver boxes(for purple weapons) and then a bunch of copper boxes for the lowest tier weapons. It's purely RNG what type of weapon you get, or which weapon within each category. They range from hot garbage to best weapon for a specific playstyle. If you like changing weapons it's great(especially if you haven't checked the weapons yet since you can get some really good shit without having to farm nergi/vaal hazak/deviljho for mats) but if you're only focusing on one, getting the stuff you want pretty much suck dicks. You also get an armor set which is ok-ish, the chest is very good and some of the other pieces are useable, that's crafted the normal way using the materials that drop during the fight.

On the fight itself, there's a bunch of optimizations you can do if you want to farm hardcore, although I assume a lot of pubs are just going to be running around doing shit slower.

The main tip is bring Partbreaker 3, it's easy to get 3pt(can get a piece of armor with 1 like uragan belt and 2 from charm, or 2 from armor like uragan chest and 1 from a jewel if you have one or whatever you prefer). Since Kulve is entirely about breaking parts, once you break all the stuff, she flees and the fight ends, regardless of damage done, Partbreaker is effectively a 30% damage increase on this fight, and there's simply no other skill that gives nearly that amount per point.

Another recommended one, but more for static groups than pubs, is Bombardier 3, to make use of barrels. You can barrel her a bunch to get some free damage in on the horns, especially when you sleep her(LBG/HBG with sleep ammo is great for that). Her sleeping animation is so long, you have time to run in on her right paw, drop 2 barrels before she's done falling asleep, then detonate them as she lands, so you can craft 2 more barrels and bomb her again while she's sleeping. In this situation, having Bombardier 3 is a pretty big boost, although it's less necessary overall.

For cheesing the fight, the "best" way is using an elemental LBG setup. LBG comes with various status, does high elemental damage, can hit any parts at about any time since it's ranged, so it's just great. The best setup on PC currently is something like this: MHW Builder with a switch for Phase4 to Daora stinger and cold damage instead of lightning damage. It discards pointless stuff like Weakness Exploit(with a LBG the only weak point is the main body, which isn't a breakable part, aka completely worthless, so WE never procs) and just focus on breaking parts. Also a healthy dose of defenses(20fire resist base so you're immune to burning, 3health gems although 2 without the augment is probably less retarded). I'm not entirely sure if you need WE on phase4, you could fit it in probably. Bring ammo+materials to make more ammo and barrels+materials for barrels and a farcaster to change gear for phase4(most people do this regardless).

Mind you this is optimized shit aiming at easy clear/static group farming and what not. You can just bring whatever to the fight it's not really hard or anything from what I've seen. Just get lightning for P1-3 preferably(she has super weakness to lightning), partbreaker to break shit and farcaster to change to raw or frost for phase4. There's also cannons you can shoot(can get Heavy Artillery for that), stalagtites to shoot to do big damage and in the last room there's a bunch of pillars and shroom walls you can climb on to spam aerial attacks to do big damage, so you can definitely do whatever you feel like.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
It's all RNG for weapons, basically once you're done, you get just a bunch of random weapons. You get a certain amount of gold boxes(for the highest tier of weapons), a lot more silver boxes(for purple weapons) and then a bunch of copper boxes for the lowest tier weapons. It's purely RNG what type of weapon you get, or which weapon within each category. They range from hot garbage to best weapon for a specific playstyle. If you like changing weapons it's great(especially if you haven't checked the weapons yet since you can get some really good shit without having to farm nergi/vaal hazak/deviljho for mats) but if you're only focusing on one, getting the stuff you want pretty much suck dicks. You also get an armor set which is ok-ish, the chest is very good and some of the other pieces are useable, that's crafted the normal way using the materials that drop during the fight.

On the fight itself, there's a bunch of optimizations you can do if you want to farm hardcore, although I assume a lot of pubs are just going to be running around doing shit slower.

The main tip is bring Partbreaker 3, it's easy to get 3pt(can get a piece of armor with 1 like uragan belt and 2 from charm, or 2 from armor like uragan chest and 1 from a jewel if you have one or whatever you prefer). Since Kulve is entirely about breaking parts, once you break all the stuff, she flees and the fight ends, regardless of damage done, Partbreaker is effectively a 30% damage increase on this fight, and there's simply no other skill that gives nearly that amount per point.

Another recommended one, but more for static groups than pubs, is Bombardier 3, to make use of barrels. You can barrel her a bunch to get some free damage in on the horns, especially when you sleep her(LBG/HBG with sleep ammo is great for that). Her sleeping animation is so long, you have time to run in on her right paw, drop 2 barrels before she's done falling asleep, then detonate them as she lands, so you can craft 2 more barrels and bomb her again while she's sleeping. In this situation, having Bombardier 3 is a pretty big boost, although it's less necessary overall.

For cheesing the fight, the "best" way is using an elemental LBG setup. LBG comes with various status, does high elemental damage, can hit any parts at about any time since it's ranged, so it's just great. The best setup on PC currently is something like this: MHW Builder with a switch for Phase4 to Daora stinger and cold damage instead of lightning damage. It discards pointless stuff like Weakness Exploit(with a LBG the only weak point is the main body, which isn't a breakable part, aka completely worthless, so WE never procs) and just focus on breaking parts. Also a healthy dose of defenses(20fire resist base so you're immune to burning, 3health gems although 2 without the augment is probably less retarded). I'm not entirely sure if you need WE on phase4, you could fit it in probably. Bring ammo+materials to make more ammo and barrels+materials for barrels and a farcaster to change gear for phase4(most people do this regardless).

Mind you this is optimized shit aiming at easy clear/static group farming and what not. You can just bring whatever to the fight it's not really hard or anything from what I've seen. Just get lightning for P1-3 preferably(she has super weakness to lightning), partbreaker to break shit and farcaster to change to raw or frost for phase4. There's also cannons you can shoot(can get Heavy Artillery for that), stalagtites to shoot to do big damage and in the last room there's a bunch of pillars and shroom walls you can climb on to spam aerial attacks to do big damage, so you can definitely do whatever you feel like.

Extremely accurate and informative good shit.

I am unsure what PC has access to but if you have a rapid-fire thunder ammo LBG you will burn through Kulve.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have great sword tips? Gonna give it a shot.

Speedrunning? Jump slash off a ledge repeatedly. Normal gameplay? You wanna a full true charge as much as possible. Whether you shoulder bash to get to that attack, or you just lvl one charge the first two attacks, whatever works. Typically you can't get all 3 attacks fully charged even on a downed monster. Practice the shoulder bash a lot.

Skills you might want to focus on are - Non-elemental boost, attack boost, weakness exploit , max might , crit boost, health boost, handicraft, or focus. I love focus but some people prefer not to have it, why I dunno.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
It's not speedrunning, it's playing the game better.

In this game match by match the only difference is time, taking 30 minutes on something and saying "I am not speedrunning" is just a facade to say you either aren't capable of being good or have a fascination with wasting time.

The game sucks balls if you sit and fight shit for 30 minutes and choose to take as long as you want, aka play badly. The AI is predictable and there's 0 reward for doing a monster more than 5 times ever.

Find a weapon you enjoy and master it.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I don't think anyone endgame is running things for 30 mins, at least not on PC with the monsters we have currently. Just saying, you can go and set up for ledge kills and yada and work on cutting your time down or you can just fight. It may take you 3, 5, or whatever minutes longer but its not a ridiculous difference.

Then again I typically roll with a group and if we were all ledge jumping to victory I think we'd just get bored. But maybe not I dunno. I just finally got my friends in MH after 10 years of me telling them about it so I'm not trying to scare them with extreme optimization.

Edit: I'm not saying one way is better than another. Just saying there are way more people not ledge jumping to speed things up and I like to give people options.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Doesnt need to be aerial you're 100% right, you can TCS properly and do insane dps positioning and timing, just saying do it well that's all.

I would never try and say something elitist like im a speedrunner that sounds fucking retarded lol

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Extremely accurate and informative good shit.

I am unsure what PC has access to but if you have a rapid-fire thunder ammo LBG you will burn through Kulve.
The one I linked is the rapid fire lightning LBG you can use, the better one is from Kulve herself, Taroth "Pierce" iirc. Same for the ice one I mentionned, Daora Hornet, that's the rapid fire ice.

I half expect the servers to shit themselves once they start this anyway.

• 1Like