Monster Hunter: World

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Another monster leaked today and looks like we will have some more coming as the devs said they're gonna slowly do reveals up until IB.

I am so excited for this game. I have never enjoyed a game like this since EQ or vanilla wow or maybe final fantasy tactics.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I wonder if they'll release the EXPANSION with more monsters than the core game, that'd be pretty wild. It's nice though it'll make endgame a lot more fun with ~60 monsters and shit. There's already at least one major monster they haven't talked about based on the achievements and I assume there's a few variants/subspecies still and Zinogre is supposedly more or less going to be a thing.

Just suck for the delay since no way I pick it up on PS4, but I'm looking forward to that release for sure.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Will all the events, like Behemoth, KT and the gem drop events, disappear once this appreciation weekend ends since that is the last one? Or will they remain?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Will all the events, like Behemoth, KT and the gem drop events, disappear once this appreciation weekend ends since that is the last one? Or will they remain?
Events will disapear. They run a limited selection of events all the time. Event Quests | Monster Hunter: World CAPCOM shows the next 2 weeks or so, that's the PC version console is probably different. You can see once the week ends, most events end also, but a few will keep going for a week, then the week afer they change to other stuff and rotate. They only have everything up during seasonal events(or in this case the special pre expansion all seasonal events in a row stuff).

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I wonder if they'll release the EXPANSION with more monsters than the core game, that'd be pretty wild. It's nice though it'll make endgame a lot more fun with ~60 monsters and shit. There's already at least one major monster they haven't talked about based on the achievements and I assume there's a few variants/subspecies still and Zinogre is supposedly more or less going to be a thing.

Just suck for the delay since no way I pick it up on PS4, but I'm looking forward to that release for sure.

If Variants are coming, and looking thru everything, then yes that is what is happening.. You may think of Variants as different versions of monster but they are so much more then that. If they bring in Raging Brachy I'm gonna laugh my ass off, people will be carting like crazy for weeks..

I'd rather have Yian Garuga, then Khezu...(which pretty sure Khezu is in the whole ice setting just like with Barioth) it's a very interesting monster, blind and canablistic(think mini-jho but way more just weird..)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Can't wait for this new GAME.

Leaks as of today:

Zinogre BGM for World was uploaded to some jp database so we should see arguably the best monster in game shortly.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Thunder Puppy huzzah, now Stygian Variant please ... that GS is sooooo good, and looks awesome..

• 1Like

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I just started this last week and am about to fight Anjanath. I went dual blades cause I enjoy the fast paced combat. Pretty sure I messed up a bit and put alot of my points into the leather armor (got them all to lvl 4). While doing some research I found bone armor to be the go to beginning armor. My question is this, should I hold off till I can get something better or go ahead and make the bone armor and dump my armor points into them? I believe I have 6 armor points atm.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I just started this last week and am about to fight Anjanath. I went dual blades cause I enjoy the fast paced combat. Pretty sure I messed up a bit and put alot of my points into the leather armor (got them all to lvl 4). While doing some research I found bone armor to be the go to beginning armor. My question is this, should I hold off till I can get something better or go ahead and make the bone armor and dump my armor points into them? I believe I have 6 armor points atm.
Honestly low lvl armor kinda doesn't matter. You could just switch to bone for the better skills, or keep leather, it won't make a big difference. Armor is mostly about the skills on it, and in the late game you do want to upgrade them so you don't get splattered by tempered monsters, but until then honestly doesn't matter that much, I leveled to HR without upgrading anything iirc or only slightly upgrading. That said, low level upgrade stone things are also completely fucking worthless later on(they add new versions of stones as you level, and the amount of upgrade points they give is exponentially bigger, like the low lvl ones are 1 or 2 points or whatever and the HR ones give say 20points per stone, while items require several of them, so your LR stones basically don't do anything).

Bone is recommended because iirc it has constitution and attack on some pieces, which are nice stats to have in general, but again not a big deal, the whole armor selection stuff doesn't really kick in until HR and when you start having decorations and can actually stack skills high enough to see an impact, and even in early HR you don't have enough armor choice to really make good shit(although at this point you should probably switch to HR bone since some pieces stay relevant for a long time and it's super fast to farm since you just run around and collect bones), it's more near the end when you can make some of the elder dragons armor and shit.

I started with Dual blades too, played all of LR with them, they're a nice simple weapon to start with, fast so you get plenty of time to dodge stuff, does good sustained damage, is pretty fun to play too. People often recommend sword and shield as a starting weap but I think DB is kinda easier to start with.

Also Anjanath might fuck your shit up, it's the first monster that can actually one shot you with certain moves. Personally it's when I really started liking the game, the shit before was a bit of a snoozefest where I barely needed to even use a potion but Anjanath I had to try a couple of times iirc, cause the first time he shit on me. Not crazy difficult but a fair jump in difficulty compared to shit before. If you have a full upgraded armor you might actually not take as much dmg though, just not sure what's the resists on leather armor like.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, Anjanath and then Nergigante end up being points where it seemed like the difficulty ramped up.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure every single person in here got their shit stomped by that first anjanath upon release lol. We bitched about the difficulty spike something fierce.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Pretty sure every single person in here got their shit stomped by that first anjanath upon release lol. We bitched about the difficulty spike something fierce.
Funny. I didn't get my shit kicked in by Anjanath. I was a blocking gunlance mutha fucker. And he was pretty slow. Now, Nerigante? That dude pushed my shit in so many times I was tasting what I shat out yesterday.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Funny. I didn't get my shit kicked in by Anjanath. I was a blocking gunlance mutha fucker. And he was pretty slow. Now, Nerigante? That dude pushed my shit in so many times I was tasting what I shat out yesterday.

Anjanath was hard first time I encountered him with the insect glaive. This run (restarted on PC) I went gun lance and he was indeed much easier. Nergigante was still kind of hard until I got the Geralt set. He is a pushover solo now, groups are worse since other people keep dying.

That said, I've done the Great Jargas and Laviasoth gem thing a few times now (for Jargas I just go in solo, wait until he eats, hit him and let him puke until he leaves the first area, then just quit the mission for 20-30 gems each time). I don't get the "good" gems though, don't they drop from them. From Laviasoth I usually get 1 rarity 8 gem out of 20ish per run. Never seen the crit, health, weakness gems. Basically if a gem is a "must" in some sort of build, I don't have it. Gotten 1 artillery gem which I count as my best one.

I've tried two melds with the best streamstone and each time gotten 3 trash gems.

Do gem rarities increase with HR? I'm only 55, so maybe I just can't get the best ones yet?

Last question, are there any "must" do events before the 30th? I doubt I will be able to do the Behemoth. I tried the regular one quest and the sos people used up the 9 tries.... I also never tried that 4 stages thing (KT?), does that event disappear on the 30th as well, or is that trial added to the base game?

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I’m in the same boat as Droigan, basically. I haven’t done any of the events, really. I got stuck on Tempered Kirin; was stubborn and decided I “had” to beat him with my insect glaive, which is what I’d used for every other monster. Wound up quitting without beating it. Loaded the game up a couple months ago for shits and giggles, made a LBG and used the slicing ammo and was able to kill the tempered Kirin on second attempt.

Now I’m HR 54, but haven’t played since. I’m looking forward to IB but don’t know what I should be doing in the mean time, and have instead just not done anything.

I’ll probably just wait for IB to come out and go from there.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you don't have Temporal Mantle, that is the most important item to get. It is a Special Assignment though, starts with Blazing Sun. This will lead to fighting Lunastra.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Temporal is getting nerfed heavily however, so not sure how important it'll be really. It lasts 100seconds now, and everytime you dodge, it removes 20secs from the duration. So in the best case you can only dodge 5times with it, and every 20secs you "lose" a charge. It'll only really be good as a backup to dodging properly in case you fuck up, rather than the "oh I guess I'll just mash damage combos and not care about anything else" system it gives you now. I'd still get it cause it's a mantle though, same for the Assassin's Hood from the events running atm, probably won't be super useful but having it is better than not.

Personally I'd say getting all the Kaiser gamma armor is probably the most important QoL for IB. I think Drachen will be faded out once you start getting some of the new pieces of gear, but you'll probably be able to keep 3pc Kaiser for Master's Touch longer. Same for guns, getting Xeno gamma set to keep that 3pc bonus for as long as possible. I'm sure they'll have equivalents to farm in MR, but until you can farm these you want to keep the old sets.

Past that farming gold and decos is still gonna be relevant I think.

Anyway personally I'm done with events and I'm farming achievements atm since nothing better to do and I figured I should do it during events. I got every crowns for Ancient Forest, Wildspire Wastes, Elder Recess and Rotten Vale now(got 2-3 everyday running them once each and then focused on specific monsters when I only had one left). Coral is left with 2 crowns I'll be doing that today and then "all" that's left is black diablos, vaal and kirin. These don't have quests though so we'll see, hoping I get kinda lucky. I still need to do 100 multiplayer games too though, not too sure how many I got, probably like 30 or 40 from KT but barely any outside that so I've been doing random shit recently. Oh and I need 50 guild cards which is gonna suck too.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm def behind on a lot of stuff. Not too sure I care that much though!