Monster Hunter: World

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
yeah im gonna be starting up again soon. I miss this game. I need to re-do fights though and learn them again.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Supposedly the laviasioth event next week(for PC, I think it's already up for PS4) is better than greatest jagras for decos. Jagras drops like 20 decos though, it's just annoying having to pick them up mid fight. You also still get a free attack deco for logging in atm, not sure how long but might be worth doing that quickly since the weekly changes are in a few hours(might not be going away today but worth just logging in, accepting your shit and logging out).

Finished Zorah farming so that's 2 ATs done, started Xenojiva, pretty easy too. Only one I'm dreading is Lunastra, I remember her being quite a bitch tempered already. And I guess I still need to kill Nergi again a few times which might take some wipes. After that just random event shit like USJ and whatever else left for me, and maybe try AT KT to get the armor.
Lavaisoth drops fewer deco's, but has a better chance at higher rarities. People seem to die more often vs. Lava-derp than vs. Jagras.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I am going to do a ton to farm up gear and items for my hbg, lbg, and charge blade builds and get all catch up on the content I missed over the past few months. Forgot how much fun I had in this game lol. But... so rusty, so terrible. Need a bunch of tempereds and lunastra and stuff.

Witcher, Behemoth, silly items and all that nonsense. Some more kulve taroth you name it. Going to be a good time to do this while I work on a project for my masters.
Are you on PS4? I need to farm AT Xeno for 3 pieces of armor (and hopefully the layered set) still, along with AT Teo / Luna / Kirin. I've gotten everything I wanted for Bow / LBG on my PC account a lot easier than its been on PS4, not sure why. My luck with getting deco's has certainly been waaaay better on PC than on PS4 too. Farmed Jagras most of yesterday in hopes of getting the Pierce deco and the Guard deco (maybe Ironwall too), but only got Pierce. Maybe PC has a more consistent playerbase (at the moment).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Are you on PS4? I need to farm AT Xeno for 3 pieces of armor (and hopefully the layered set) still, along with AT Teo / Luna / Kirin. I've gotten everything I wanted for Bow / LBG on my PC account a lot easier than its been on PS4, not sure why. My luck with getting deco's has certainly been waaaay better on PC than on PS4 too. Farmed Jagras most of yesterday in hopes of getting the Pierce deco and the Guard deco (maybe Ironwall too), but only got Pierce. Maybe PC has a more consistent playerbase (at the moment).

Yeah I am on PS4. I'll be playing a lot this weekend. Bunch of weapons I need to get and I haven't done any AT's at all yet.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So, need a little guidance. The Jyuratados event for decorations since the Greatest Jagras one is gone right now. Whatever all the nonsense for events I feel like doing.

But what armor sets do I need to build out? How do I get gamma armor? I know I need Lunastra stuff. But for me that is currently for the Empress LBG. What kind of stuff should I be getting ready? I like to play Charge Blade, LBG, HBG, SNS. maybe longsword later.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Gamma armor is from Arch Tempered, basically some mats+1 ticket that drops on AT kills per piece, sometimes you get more than 1 ticket per kill but since you also need some tickets for the layered armor stuff from them, you should be looking at 5-6kills of each AT monster to get all your tickets.

For most non ranged builds, you're going to want 4pc Drachen from Behemoth and then one piece depending on the class. I know for Lance it's Kushala gamma belt since it gives handicraft so that goes with the KT Claw lance to give it white, but depending on the weapons you use you might not need the handicraft, or you might need 3(so you use charm) and then you replace. So getting all 5pc Drachen first is good.

This page has all the pictures from the MHW discord of the most meta builds. Meta builds favor offense heavily however and sometimes it can be worth tweaking some defenses if you're not super pro about shit, and there's individual fights tweaks too. Still a good reference to get started.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Current "meta" for LBG/HBG is getting 3 pieces of AT Xeno armor, since that gives you Spare Shot, its a really good skill. Crafting the Gamma armors require 1 Ticket per piece, and you get at least 1 ticket per kill. The materials you'll need are the same materials you get from the non AT versions. Getting some Kirin Gamma pieces would be nice too for the Free Element / Ammo perk, but I've been fine without it (made the Free Element charm, and got the Free Element deco). The Teo Gamma Head, Gloves and Legs are nice, and of course the Drachen set from Behemoth.

If you happen to get Empress Shell Styx (which has that skill by default) you'll see why. I crafted Styx (Thunder/Water) and Blaze (Fire/Ice) for the Luna LBG's which covers the elements (Styx has Spare Shot, while Blaze has Guts). Ideally you'd want to get KT weapons as they are superior to crafted stuff, but not necessary. I was lucky to get the Taroth Support LBG on PC (really good Normal 2 gun), but only got the Taroth Shot for PS4 (not quite as good Normal 2).

So for guns, focus on getting a set of gear that will let you survive AT Xeno for those 3 pieces. I went with the Taroth Support HBG (piercing ammo) + Shield mod + Guard Up deco, and this let me live through quite a few one shot mechanics. The Legianna HBG will work fine as well (its what I'll use on PS4), but without the Guard Up deco (yet).

Edit: I used the same info that Pyro's list as a guide to what I wanted to farm for. If I didn't have the exact armor pieces, I tried to use pieces that had the same amount of slots so I could get as close to the skill sets as possible.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Current "meta" for LBG/HBG is getting 3 pieces of AT Xeno armor, since that gives you Spare Shot, its a really good skill. Crafting the Gamma armors require 1 Ticket per piece, and you get at least 1 ticket per kill. The materials you'll need are the same materials you get from the non AT versions. Getting some Kirin Gamma pieces would be nice too for the Free Element / Ammo perk, but I've been fine without it (made the Free Element charm, and got the Free Element deco). The Teo Gamma Head, Gloves and Legs are nice, and of course the Drachen set from Behemoth.

If you happen to get Empress Shell Styx (which has that skill by default) you'll see why. I crafted Styx (Thunder/Water) and Blaze (Fire/Ice) for the Luna LBG's which covers the elements (Styx has Spare Shot, while Blaze has Guts). Ideally you'd want to get KT weapons as they are superior to crafted stuff, but not necessary. I was lucky to get the Taroth Support LBG on PC (really good Normal 2 gun), but only got the Taroth Shot for PS4 (not quite as good Normal 2).

So for guns, focus on getting a set of gear that will let you survive AT Xeno for those 3 pieces. I went with the Taroth Support HBG (piercing ammo) + Shield mod + Guard Up deco, and this let me live through quite a few one shot mechanics. The Legianna HBG will work fine as well (its what I'll use on PS4), but without the Guard Up deco (yet).

Edit: I used the same info that Pyro's list as a guide to what I wanted to farm for. If I didn't have the exact armor pieces, I tried to use pieces that had the same amount of slots so I could get as close to the skill sets as possible.

I have the Taroth Shot LBG from Kulve, but it didn't have water or whatever so I found it limited for some other stuff. Looks like I'll be doing witcher and behemoth tonight pretty hard. Along iwth Lunastra and Javasioth. Porbably going to get my SNS build up and running too.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've found the Normal 2 ammo outperforms Elemental most of the time, though it requires a bit more finesse on getting hits on weak points. Though if I'm not understanding something, the Elemental ammo seems to pierce? When using Normal 2 RF, I've only noticed 3 hits, but when using Elemental RF, I've up to 6 or so hits (like on Greatest Jagras belly).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, go in with a defensive mindset / gear and be patient. Do dmg when its safe to do so, he punishes recklessness pretty hard, lol.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
AT Teostra was one of the more annoying ones I remember, because of all the goddamn fire and shit and how he'll sometimes go into fuckface mode where he just spams his quick swipe, which is considered a "light" attack so it also goes right through temporal. Lunastra has the same kind of shit but less annoying, although her ultimate skill is way fuckier and her wing pressure while you're standing in blue fire and dying fucking sucks. Them and Nergi are definitely on the harder sides of AT, they have many fast attacks, many very large hitbox stuff, they have special attacks you HAVE to avoid or you die instantly, the only positive thing is they don't seem to have too much hp. Stuff like Zorah, Kirin and Xenojiva are mostly about avoiding the couple of things that are dangerous and imo Kushala and Vaal Hazak are really easy if you go with enough preparation and take your time.

Skeezer

Molten Core Raider
Anyone feel like helping me with Kirin on PS4? Only knowing dual blades doesn’t help at all. Starting a range build but not sure I can get it done in time to make use of these festivals. Also ordered the expansion, for motivation since I hate wasting cash.

PSN: BigNoleDog

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Anyone feel like helping me with Kirin on PS4? Only knowing dual blades doesn’t help at all. Starting a range build but not sure I can get it done in time to make use of these festivals. Also ordered the expansion, for motivation since I hate wasting cash.

PSN: BigNoleDog

I'll be on like all day today in a few hours. We can do whatever.

TJTek

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just started downloading this on PS4 cause it's raining and I am bored. Is there anything I need to know before diving head first into this?

Skeezer

Molten Core Raider
Finally...no more electro unicorn cock blocking me.

Went up to HR54.

Now what? I still don’t have a streamstone. Time to get good’er.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Run some Tempered Investigations (HR30+), should get one fairly quick, or SoS Tempered Vaal a lot.