Monster Hunter: World

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The nerf to Temporal is simply making you pay for doing something that you didn't need to do while wearing it... dodging. The mantle is an amazing way to stay on target and do dmg. If you're actively dodging while wearing, you might as well be using the Evasion Mantle to get the dmg boost.

Getting guild cards does suck. I wish there was an option to reply to the cards sent to you. Oh you sent me your card? Here's mine!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The nerf to Temporal is simply making you pay for doing something that you didn't need to do while wearing it... dodging. The mantle is an amazing way to stay on target and do dmg. If you're actively dodging while wearing, you might as well be using the Evasion Mantle to get the dmg boost.

Getting guild cards does suck. I wish there was an option to reply to the cards sent to you. Oh you sent me your card? Here's mine!
You can reply iirc? Anyway I've gotten like 20 today so it's not that bad, although it took a while. Mostly just hopping from KT room to KT room and sending guild cards to everyone in there then go afk/go do some SOS shit or whatever. Generally ~1card per room, sometimes 2, sometimes 0. Need like 8more to be done so not so bad. Trying to get vaal hazak crowns now, got the small one fairly early but since I've done like 25 investigations(I mean, 25 checks, many investigations with 5 or 8 tries on them) and I've found the small one twice more but no big crown yet. Kirin will be more annoying cause unlike Vaal Hazak I'm not sitting on a shitton of investigations(I had like 30ish vaal hazak investigations), also feel judging its size is gonna be more annoying since it's small already. I guess once I farm the tzitzi and legianna crowns I need though I'll get some Kirin in the process and hopefully get lucky with that. Besides that 17 arenas and an unknown number of multiplayer games(couldn't figure a way to check it anywhere).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've not seen an option to send a card to someone who has sent you one, but I could be blind.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man these stupid ass crowns are hard to get. Finally got Vaal large crown after like 50+ tries, ironically found it in a random SOS investigations. I check SOS between every check I do but not too many people doing these anymore. I got small kirin too, which gave me the small crown achievement, but now I need a big kirin and big black di...ablos, the kirin especially is gonna be a pain in the ass I feel. Wish they just added events for all of them, even if it was "hard" event like thronebreaker with several tempered elders in an arena.

Edit: Guess it pays to complain, right after that I got black diablos crown in a 5 box tempered investigation and then went through ~25 more Kirins and got it on the very last investigation I had that had the right boxes for it. And then noticed I didn't get the achievement, turns out I forgot Radobaan but luckily this fat shit is part of the event stuff so that took 2 resets to find him. Now done with crowns, only things left is catching one of the crake rare bird shit and 13 arenas.

Btw in case of people still haven't done it I'd recommend farming the Assassin's Creed mantle before the events stop, that shit's really nice for gathering and stuff like that, it's a huge movement speed boost for a really long time. I assumed it would be barely noticeable but when I ran the elder dragon track event thing to get more vaal/kirin investigations I tried it out and it was great. Especially early in Iceborne with the Master Rank materials, running a gathering build for an hour or so is a great way to get all your mining/bones shit out of the way for the rest of the expansion.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Man these stupid ass crowns are hard to get. Finally got Vaal large crown after like 50+ tries, ironically found it in a random SOS investigations. I check SOS between every check I do but not too many people doing these anymore. I got small kirin too, which gave me the small crown achievement, but now I need a big kirin and big black di...ablos, the kirin especially is gonna be a pain in the ass I feel. Wish they just added events for all of them, even if it was "hard" event like thronebreaker with several tempered elders in an arena.

Only 50 ? hehe, 4U I was at about 500'ish Najarala kills and still never got the mini-crown for him, I got the full lvl120 Shaga Magala set before I ever got his crown. I did get both Diablos, and both Khezus' in like 4-5hunts..

The weirdest thing though is that there is way's too manip the RNG too guarantee Mini/Large crowns, they've tried too patch it but have been pretty unlucky with trying too fix it, guess that's what they get for tieing "everything" too a single RNG loop.. If you want too learn how look-up "potion" manipulation, not sure if it's getting fixed for IB though..

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Only 50 ? hehe, 4U I was at about 500'ish Najarala kills and still never got the mini-crown for him, I got the full lvl120 Shaga Magala set before I ever got his crown. I did get both Diablos, and both Khezus' in like 4-5hunts..

The weirdest thing though is that there is way's too manip the RNG too guarantee Mini/Large crowns, they've tried too patch it but have been pretty unlucky with trying too fix it, guess that's what they get for tieing "everything" too a single RNG loop.. If you want too learn how look-up "potion" manipulation, not sure if it's getting fixed for IB though..
This was already fixed supposedly, a while ago, at least from what I read.

And it might have been more than 50 not sure, exactly I didn't really count but since I did count the 25kirins and how long it took, it was probably more around 75, but it wasn't kills anyway so it still went pretty fast, I was just checking the size of the monsters by getting next to them, and if they didn't look large/small enough, I left and restarted. I only killed the ones that looked they'd give crowns. Mostly the annoyance was that you can only get crowns from investigations with certain requirements(and events obviously), and you're limited in investigations you get and can't pinpoint them to certain monsters.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
yay bug nets when knocking out Zinogre hahaha(Wonder if there is gonna be a trophy for that rofl)

Also Namielles animations look so good, that has to be the most animated Elder ever.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
looked at a bit of the Gamescon stuff, man all the new clutch claw stuff is gonna make speed running these things very weird, Knock-downs and re-mounts are all I'm seeing from it =/

Also that shot of Kirin inside the lava zone is interesting, I wonder if Rajang is actually in the game somewhere, it's the only reason that damn horse would ever come done from his "zone".

also fun things to do...

Shock Trap Zinogre when he is in "normal" state.(Seriously do this at least once, it's fun watching him at full charge and doing his "I don't give a fuck" walk.. )
Try and pitfall Narga, when in non-enrage mode..
TigerX has a few quirks also, but I'll just let you figure them out =p

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Getting pumped. Still haven't done behemoth or anything but whatever mang.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
SA is considered fairly low tier atm, for soloing. It has weird ass party mechanics though where you detonate other people phials when you're charged or whatever the fuck, sounded like some buggy shit but like on any enemy you can wail on without a problem(which is really only AT zorah), SA has the highest sustained damage output. It's a fun weapon I've been playing it every now and then as my secondary weapon with longsword and IG.

The difference is basically the new claw grab move. When you use it with SA, if your weapon is charged, you can use the Zero Sum move. That's the one where you climb a monster, pop your charged sword in their eye then spam explosions then do a big explosion. That's a lot of damage, but generally it's a pain to land cause the animation is ass and you can't really hit where you want with it easily since it's fairly low range, plus the knockback at the end puts you far from the monster and SA mobility is kinda garbage. But now? You can just claw grab the monster back, and Zero Sum their ass again and again, until you run out, then you charge the weapon again, which only takes a few hits anyway. Shit's just fast and really high damage. It's a bit sad though because it seems it'll be like aerial GS, the best way to play the weapon which feels a bit cheesy. Good for speedrunning/farming, but not that great to play(imo).

There was an under 6 run with hammer too already though, so it's not like SA is super overpowered just yet, at least not sure. The new claw shit looks kinda very strong when soloing due to the free knockdowns whenever you have ammo and the monster is close to a wall and not enraged(and everyone can do that it's a generic move).

• 1Like

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
This claw shit is kinda lame... and I'm an exploit guy... I thought it was cool... maybe I will again... dunno I'm on the fence I need to play more. Pyros hit it on the head, you can lock now with it much easier due to claw.

I bet Lance is going to fly up in the ranks calling it now, offensive guard skill plus the new elemental system for lance plus claw is gonna get sick.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This claw shit is kinda lame... and I'm an exploit guy... I thought it was cool... maybe I will again... dunno I'm on the fence I need to play more. Pyros hit it on the head, you can lock now with it much easier due to claw.

I bet Lance is going to fly up in the ranks calling it now, offensive guard skill plus the new elemental system for lance plus claw is gonna get sick.

good thing I love the fucking lance then! I want to succeed boyo

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Lance still seems kinda slow based on the (admitedly small) amount of speedruns. But the gear you get isn't very representative of endgame gear and as you said offensive guard will probably change things a bit. Not much has changed for Lance either from what I've seen, mostly just you have to do a head claw grab attack to soften it to keep your damage up to decent levels, but luckily that's pretty easy doing a counter on a charge or whatever other head move.

Hunting Horn buffs look kinda "decent":

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Other than monsters and armor is there anything else new like weapons for the expansion?