Monster Hunter: World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Really not sure what I should be doing other than doing tempered, attempting to do Arch Tempereds. Still need to do the Witcher thing and get a few of the weapons that I want. Also spending time farming decorations from lavasioth... What are some good builds for him? I've been runnign at him with my Shot LBG and it's been pretty easy.... although his lava bursts do one shot me. I think the Empress LBG would be better. I also wanted to flesh out my Fatal Bite SNS build... The usual I suppose!

Might be time to finally do longsword and SNS for serious.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Kinda anything works for Laviasoth but yeah the big fireballs are a one shot, unless you block them(weapon dependant obv). Ranged weapons don't have to deal with bouncing though, if melee you kinda want either a fire weapon(low damage but heats him up so you can ignore the bounce) or use slinger shots every now and then which is annoying. He has kinda shit for hp though so using traps you can do a shit ton of damage and just capture him before he does much, although this means less decos so not worth when farming decos.

I'm just finishing all the event stuff. Did Witcher quests yesterday, shit fucking takes forever and I fucked it up right near the end and had to redo it again. Gives an attack deco though so that's nice, think I'm at 6 or 7 now from drops+all the events that gave one.

I finished most AT farming, need one more lunastra(watch the bitch drop 2-3tickets now that I only need one) and 4 more nergi, done with all the others. Well besides ATKT, still need to get a couple of runs of this done. Past that I need a few random events shit still I've been putting off cause it looks boring, USJ and what not. Don't need need but figure I might as well. And I need a bunch of gala tickets from the appreciation week but that shit's in 1.5 weeks so that's pretty far off.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That witcher shit sucks dick because it takes so long I agree. Fucking 40 minute Leshen fight can suck my dick. So stupid.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Really not sure what I should be doing other than doing tempered, attempting to do Arch Tempereds. Still need to do the Witcher thing and get a few of the weapons that I want. Also spending time farming decorations from lavasioth... What are some good builds for him? I've been runnign at him with my Shot LBG and it's been pretty easy.... although his lava bursts do one shot me. I think the Empress LBG would be better. I also wanted to flesh out my Fatal Bite SNS build... The usual I suppose!

Might be time to finally do longsword and SNS for serious.

There is always more and more builds, after a certain point you can start personalizing builds for specific monster, makes it fun but after awhile does get boring, but Iceborne sooooooonnnnnnn™..

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Got a lot of gem drops all of a sudden?
Clipboard01.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did Ancient Leshen and ATKT yesterday,

ATKT was really a disapointment, I guess she was nerfed at some point I thought you used to have weird shit to get her to spawn but apparently now she just starts in AT form? And it's literally the same shit as normal KT in pubs, you just kinda fuck around to get pursuit up, then murder her at P3/4 with 0risk and collect your shit, I was lazy and didn't even update my builds either, used my old lightning/ice LBG sets without any of the Xeno gamma shit and what not. Got 3-4 Kjarr weapons in a single kill though, I assumed it'd be less, nothing I can actually use but not terrible in that regard although still RNG heavy. Need to farm her a bunch more to craft her armor though, lots of nuggets or whatever the shit the new materials are.

Leshen was super easy in the groups I was with(although almost all of them had retards without flash for some reason) but no Mutagen drops, although I googled it and you can plunderblade them anyway so I'm just gonna do that. Only need a few resins and some normal difficulty horns to craft the sword so mostly done with that too.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
New trailer, shows Brachydios and new monster tease at the end, Namielle, an original new monster.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I have a strange feeling that the Elderwyrm they are talking about is Raviente(which if it's true), think Kulve Tarroth but on a 100x bigger scale, maybe we will see Ravie vs Dalamundar ....(my PC is already crying thinking about that rofl)

Ecology Video from MH:Frontier

but Brachy at 4k , that ground-pound move the plebs are gonna be crying hahah

Last edited:

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
23 SOS Extreme Behemoth attempts later...

View attachment 220017

Oh gun lance, that's what I am using now. Not tried the Behemoth fight, but want the Drachen set. Any tips or are sos randoms just luck of the draw? I watched a video on it which was basically try to do damage and run from the ae behind the rocks and if in random groups it's rare to get coordinated groups (one for aggro, healers, and so on).

Which lance should I use and are there any must have defences?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Normal Behemoth isn't that hard, although it's still heavily RNG. You can however farm the set without actually killing it, using Palico's Plunderblade and breaking the parts(tail cut with a partbreaker slicing ammo LBG, claw/horns with sleep > bombs and sticky). Requires an hour or two of farming, especially claws are shit to break but you can get all your shit done and then look into actually killing it properly. Can try looking for a session that has Behemoth too where people might be less retarded about it.

And for Behemoth, and hard shit in general, 2-3health boost is great when you're not a super pro, eating for defensive food also works well enough since damage is rarely an issue in parties, and you want to augment your armor and upgrade it to the max if possible(I mean upgrade to the max for sure, but augment+upgrade to the real max if you have the mats for that). For behemoth specifically there's also a few things, you want to bring astera jerky to remove bleed, flashes to interupt his shit(as well as flashbugs to make more flashes), instant heals like max potions, defensive mantles and shit.

Not too sure about Gunlances iirc most of the good ones are from KT and ATKT.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Oh gun lance, that's what I am using now. Not tried the Behemoth fight, but want the Drachen set. Any tips or are sos randoms just luck of the draw? I watched a video on it which was basically try to do damage and run from the ae behind the rocks and if in random groups it's rare to get coordinated groups (one for aggro, healers, and so on).

Which lance should I use and are there any must have defences?

SOS is always luck of the draw on Behemoth. One bad player and it's over.

Normal Behemoth is pretty easy. Extreme Behemoth is only hard because someone needs to grab aggro fast and tank him to stop the tornadoes and eat the damage. I always tank him as lance/gunlance. You can only flash him 2x the entire fight. Save flashes till last phase since that Nerigante room is small as fuck.

I build with Guard 5 and Part break as lance/gunlance. JUST to make sure I get some Dragon Pods and tank. DPS from others is never a problem. I'm also always 1st in the room to make sure he ain't bouncing all over the place too much before I can get aggro.

That's the Drachan layered armor from the Extreme Behemoth I have pictured there.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Killed Extremoth, got pretty lucky with the session I joined, took 2 tries to kill him(well I spent like 2hours trying to solo cluster it first, but there was quite a bit of RNG involved and I had trouble getting him to sleep under both rocks without getting my ass fucked). I triple carted the first try too, so it was entirely on me we fucked it up. Was some DB super hero guy more or less carrying us, I missed a jump, then took aggro cause I had dragon pods, temporal and health booster so figured I'd be fine, which I would have been if I remembered to drop the health booster before the very last second of my temporal, leading to me sheathing right in front of behemoth with temporal dropping as he did one of his super big hits, and then died in the last phase on 2nd meteor cause I'm apparently retarded and thought it was in a different spot than it was. Luckily after the walk of shame, they didn't kick me the 2nd time, I played even more pussy and we killed it without a single death.

I only have a few event stuff to farm during this week along with weekly tickets for the appreciation shit, and then I need to farm kirin/vaal/bdiablo crowns if I want to finish all achievements(well I have a few others but that's the only really annoying one). Plenty of time to go until PC release of the expansion though so not too worried.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users