Monster Hunter: World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Deleted and reinstalled iceborne, still no sound. Fixed it when I used another PS4UPDATE after installing the system on the new SSD.

Weird shit.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Fucking SSD more trouble than it was worth. Just had my first PS4 crash ever with it. Fucking stupid.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had no idea the house palico gave quests for some pimp pendants. Swapped from using a sharp gem to the pendant that gives less sharpness loss.
Huh? I know they give out Charms after some of the decoration quests, but I've not heard of Pendants having stats.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking SSD more trouble than it was worth. Just had my first PS4 crash ever with it. Fucking stupid.
What SSD did you get? I'm using a samsung t5 external drive connected with a usb cable. Its been amazing.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Huh? I know they give out Charms after some of the decoration quests, but I've not heard of Pendants having stats.
Oh that could be it, get all the accessories mixed up in names. Was disappointed to learn that the gems you end up getting to put on mantles are only in effect while its in use =( ended up just putting Vit on them.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vit? I wonder if you could kill yourself doing that IF at low health when the mantle fades. I just slap 2 Item Prolonger deco's into mine. Thought about the deco which lowers cooldown, but I think that would only work for the mantle you're not wearing. So if you have both mantles using those, they should shorten the CD for the other one.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Vit? I wonder if you could kill yourself doing that IF at low health when the mantle fades. I just slap 2 Item Prolonger deco's into mine. Thought about the deco which lowers cooldown, but I think that would only work for the mantle you're not wearing. So if you have both mantles using those, they should shorten the CD for the other one.
Rofl that would be awesome. Been running on empty since friday. Maybe 2-4hrs of sleep due to "ok just one more upgrade, let me test out this one new build, ok one more monster". Item prolonger sounds like a win i'll switch it out when I get home.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I've been the same way. Stayed up til 5am last night determined to get the Kirin parts I need... for 1 gun. Today is the other gun, lol.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Any of you experience the PS4 crashing? Seems to me that it is overheating but it never was before and it is on a fanbase thing. Also learned that it doesn't save after every hunt as I lost shit I just made... fucking argh.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I think my PS4 is fucked somehow now. No idea why it's causing so much issues now. Plays perfectly fine then just crashes. I bought the recommended SSD for it.

Not finding anything online about this issue either.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone happen to know what materials are needed to upgrade the Empress Shell Styx? Before you answer... understand that the wiki is NOT updated for that weapon, and yes I've killed Lunastra a lot. There are two materials in the list which are ???.

The "Blaze" version only needs Lunastra parts. The "Ruin" version needs Lunastra and Ruiner Nergi, so the Styx apparently needs some other mob, but unless Xeno is back somewhere, not sure what mob it could be.

Edit: Found it. The material is "Elder Spiritvein Bone", which only drops off Tempered elder dragons. Blah.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Were the Bowguns in Monster Hunter from the start? I've played all of Iceborne with the LBG and I feel its in a bad place compared to every other weapon. Weaker and resource heavy. Running around in vanilla with my Taroth Blitz Support felt a LOT better than using the best similar weapons from Iceborne. I have seen something funny with a couple other LBG users in groups. They were using a gun with rapid fire Sticky ammo vs. Lunastra, so many knockdowns.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Were the Bowguns in Monster Hunter from the start? I've played all of Iceborne with the LBG and I feel its in a bad place compared to every other weapon. Weaker and resource heavy. Running around in vanilla with my Taroth Blitz Support felt a LOT better than using the best similar weapons from Iceborne. I have seen something funny with a couple other LBG users in groups. They were using a gun with rapid fire Sticky ammo vs. Lunastra, so many knockdowns.

Bowguns have been in for a veryyy long time.

Unlocked Brute TigerX last night, and holy shit if we ever get tempered version of thoose, working on Silver Rath later tonight must have Sol armor. ^-^

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Anyone experience any crashes? I have eliminated the possibility that it is because of overheating. Which leaves me only the game itself... It crashes most often when I am using the workshop menu for some fucking reason. Like right when I make something that would initialize the cutscene.

Not to keen on reinstalling this a third fucking time to hope it gets it right.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Reinstalling again. It does bizarre shit. Like I know I am fucked when the sound starts cutting out mid note on this or that. Then I'll be able to complete the hunt only to have it shit the bed when I get to the exit menu, not save and lose all my effort.

Vasgaroth

Trakanon Raider
I just finished the main story line for Iceborne and holy shit, I think this expansion solidified this being one of(arguably the best) games I've ever played. At a loss for words. Bravo Capcom.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Third reinstall was the charm. As far as my review. This makes an utterly amazing game 10x more amazing. I would have gladly paid $60 for iceborne lol.