Monster Hunter: World

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Yeah it's one if my fav in 30 years and we have more to come with the DLC path they showed.

Also - hammer vs nargacuga
PS_Messages_20190914_180220.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Amod Amod please add Iceborne to thread title. The, "expansion" is basically 2x the vanilla game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone happen to have some Ruiner Nergi investigations? I need 1 more horn from that mofo and can't seem to get any from GL.

Edit: Got it.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Careful when running Guiding Lands. Make sure you kill every non-Tempered spawn in each region before raising that region up enough that it only Lures out Tempereds. There is no way to get non tempered after that... and if you need a drop from one? You're fucked.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Careful when running Guiding Lands. Make sure you kill every non-Tempered spawn in each region before raising that region up enough that it only Lures out Tempereds. There is no way to get non tempered after that... and if you need a drop from one? You're fucked.

Just answer SOS for that.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right. I spent two hours last night joining low lvl Forest SoS's and asking if they could lure a Tobi, only got one response (sadly they couldn't). Eventually I got a GL where a normal Tobi was up and got the parts I needed. Advice still stands, kill every non tempered mob you can before leveling any region up too far. =)

Killed Brute Tigrex last night, kinda crazy fight. Not looking forward to fighting it in the Arena since that rotating roar/breath attack will probably cover the entire area. Having to farm mantles from other mobs to get the Nergi armor made is a real pain.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I am still playing a little bit but it is not holding my attention as well as the base game did. It is probably that I just dont feel like grinding the loot treadmill again. It doesnt help that the guiding lands is pretty annoying and most fights take like 5-10 minutes longer (for me at least) than they did in the base endgame. The last story boss was a 35 minute slog that was so bad I never fought it again for drops.

Still a great game but a bit slow on the progression at the moment to keep me interested. It seems more tuned for the speedrunner crowd and not a casual like me.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Hey brother! They're not bad with an SSD like 7 seconds now I think they changed it or optimized it.

I haven't been posting because of work but I'm loving hammer.

Running monsters optimally is 10x harder and it's very rewarding. 2'22" Glavenus with Hammer was my last run.

A lot of the monsters have very neat punishing windows now to take advantage of when you counter, it's 10x better than world.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't want to look at the streams too much since I kinda want to keep Rajang(and most Iceborne stuff) for when I play it, but the list of transmogs seems pretty good, it's mostly early HR armors so far but that's still a nice selection of stuff for various looks. Non exhaustive list from reddit: leather, chain, bone, alloy, high metal, hunter a & b, vespoid, hornetaur, kestodon, gajau, shamos, jagras, tzitzi, girros, pukei a & b, anjanath a & b, jyura, tobi, lumu, rathian a & b, and radobaan a & b. Gives a lot of nice options, Anjanath especially looks great imo.