Monster Hunter: World

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Doesnt make it less fun!

We will be on again tonight brother! Not sure when Hator is coming online but he said he would be. I'll be on around 7 central or so. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Doesnt make it less fun! But yeah if you're farming parts for gear then sadly, solo is the way to go. Actually thought they were supposed to be adding in extra levels difficulty for 2-3 player setups.

Yep you an adjust it now. I just mean that solo fights can take like 8-15 even if you're a pretty shitty player like me. With 4 you're looking at 22-28 if you're all pretty shitty and don't die.

I'm just getting into the tempered now and I'm running +3 Health Boost and defensive builds to avoid all of the 1 shot bullshit the later monster difficulties have.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
We'll see if I am on tonight. IDK man I am just a 2AM game time kind of person 99% of the time.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That said, I need to get my razorsharp charm and some other stuff today. This spread HBG should be a ton of fun. Shotgunning monstahs down.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just started this off of game pass. I have no idea what I'm doing but the sword and board action is solid so sticking with that for now.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just started this off of game pass. I have no idea what I'm doing but the sword and board action is solid so sticking with that for now.

Welcome to the deep dark rabbit hole of monster huntah brother.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Get the OS on a flash drive with the correct filepath ready as soon as you can.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Welcome to the deep dark rabbit hole of monster huntah brother.

Getting one combo down consistently is goal #1. Just hitting A or Y over and over with nothing much happening isn't all that exciting.

Also when I knock the monster over and I start attacking from the side it's belly is showing why do I still get blocked at times?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Getting one combo down consistently is goal #1. Just hitting A or Y over and over with nothing much happening isn't all that exciting.

Also when I knock the monster over and I start attacking from the side it's belly is showing why do I still get blocked at times?

Lots to unpack here but I'll give you a starter. I don't really use SnS a lot but what you're running into is an issue with what is called sharpness.

Some monsters have hard legs/back whatever that you can't hit well because your weapon is not sharp enough to hurt them. So it deflects your hits when you try. In the top left of the screen you'll see a sword icon that is some color. This is the sharpness icon and it will decrease as you hit shit. There are ways to prevent it from decreasing but that doesn't matter right now.

I suspect you are not sharpening your weapon at all?

Another is that SNS doesn't really have massive combos other than the shield dash overhead slam. If you're unclear on what all of them are go over to the training room and check it out. Since you're not in the expansion which adds a ton of new stuff I can't really get into the other part.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Lots to unpack here but I'll give you a starter. I don't really use SnS a lot but what you're running into is an issue with what is called sharpness.

Some monsters have hard legs/back whatever that you can't hit well because your weapon is not sharp enough to hurt them. So it deflects your hits when you try. In the top left of the screen you'll see a sword icon that is some color. This is the sharpness icon and it will decrease as you hit shit. There are ways to prevent it from decreasing but that doesn't matter right now.

I suspect you are not sharpening your weapon at all?

Another is that SNS doesn't really have massive combos other than the shield dash overhead slam. If you're unclear on what all of them are go over to the training room and check it out. Since you're not in the expansion which adds a ton of new stuff I can't really get into the other part.
If its Iceborne theres a pretty bad ass new combo for SNS, and from my understanding it was buffed/will be getting buffed. Last time I watched an Arakz(SP) video it was doing some impressive #s

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If its Iceborne theres a pretty bad ass new combo for SNS, and from my understanding it was buffed/will be getting buffed. Last time I watched an Arakz(SP) video it was doing some impressive #s

Yeah but he's playing the base game on game pass. Brando Brando just get sucked in deep and buy it with the expansion. The Iceborne movesets and Clutch claw/ramming totally change the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Don't worry Brando Brando I have over 100 hours in and am still lost as hell. I understand mechanics and such, I get lost in the advanced game like Melding, Jewels, builds, some stats, etc.

So what I do is hop into a Party with Janx Janx and Hatorade Hatorade , grab a beer, sit back, and run various quests and kill monsters and sometimes get carted off the playing field :p

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Don't worry Brando Brando I have over 100 hours in and am still lost as hell. I understand mechanics and such, I get lost in the advanced game like Melding, Jewels, builds, some stats, etc.

So what I do is hop into a Party with Janx Janx and Hatorade Hatorade , grab a beer, sit back, and run various quests and kill monsters and sometimes get carted off the playing field :p

I'll make sure I do at least one hunt tonight with y'all. Then I need to get cracking on some stuff! What monster are you up to? Barioth? Nargacuga?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Yeah that guy. I was happy because Hatorade Hatorade got carted twice and while I took longer, I didn't die once :) I also had a turf war going on in mine though so I was doging slick willy monster tunneling under the snow.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Game Pass comes with Iceborne from what I can tell as I'm starting out with the "Defender" armor set which is better than anything I can craft.