Monster Hunter: World

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Got to and killed Velkhana over the weekend, fucking love this game. Utnayan Utnayan bailed on me and @a_skeleton_00 is too cool now to hang out with us lowly 12 MR hunters. :) Anyone else playing on PS4?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Got to and killed Velkhana over the weekend, fucking love this game. Utnayan Utnayan bailed on me and @a_skeleton_00 is too cool now to hang out with us lowly 12 MR hunters. :) Anyone else playing on PS4?
Got on and saw you on (if I'm remembering who you are on PS4) but didnt want to invade your game ;) Had to relearn some of the ropes too. Took me awhile to remember how to use the claw.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Got on and saw you on (if I'm remembering who you are on PS4) but didnt want to invade your game ;) Had to relearn some of the ropes too. Took me awhile to remember how to use the claw.
Come at me, I need all the parts so don’t matter what we do. I should be on tonight.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
And since I have Gen Ultimate on my switch I don't even need to stop playing!

God damn does that game take some getting used to. However GU does have TONS more monsters.

Ton more monsters, 0 of the QoL changes they made for World....*Cough zoning cough*

Good News: I did buy MHW off Steam, where are my PC Bros at?

Busy till after IB drops for PC, but I gotta start a whole new character when it releases... ahwell

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ton more monsters, 0 of the QoL changes they made for World....*Cough zoning cough*

Busy till after IB drops for PC, but I gotta start a whole new character when it releases... ahwell

The Defender armor/weapons that they have make that pretty easy. It's leagues better than anything in the basic set and even quite good upgraded in iceborne. The nerds speedrunning have pulled off sub-3 minute kills in defender shit.

Like anything the bottleneck is the decorations. I don't have a lot of the ones I want still.

I think they gave the Safi Jiva weapons way too much potential. With some luck and fully upgraded they can open up a ton of possibilities.

Craziest being that you can roll a piece set like Teostra Technique which is normally a 3 piece bonus. Now with a Safi weapon you can have it on just two armor pieces. Making it possible to run 2 3 piece bonuses.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Holy Fuck there is a lot going on in this game. I have no clue what weapon to choose. I would rather start learning viable weapons now to be relevant end game. Are there any websites similar to what Death and Taxes used to be to WoW?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Holy Fuck there is a lot going on in this game. I have no clue what weapon to choose. I would rather start learning viable weapons now to be relevant end game. Are there any websites similar to what Death and Taxes used to be to WoW?

All weapons are totally viable pick what you like.

Ask dumb questions and we will try to answer and even be helpful sometimes!

Arekkz Gaming and Gaijin Hunter are good channels. If you want to discuss the mhw discord is good.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

There are no bad weapons. All are literally viable. Some are clearly harder to master...

Lance would be the easiest to use in my opinion. Switch Axe being the toughest to master I'd say.

This dude does a great job.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Just recently picked this up myself, first MH I've ever played. Initially tried the sword/axe thing and after being kinda overwhelmed turned into JUST GIVE ME A MALLET, I HIT THINGS, THEY DIE guy.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just recently picked this up myself, first MH I've ever played. Initially tried the sword/axe thing and after being kinda overwhelmed turned into JUST GIVE ME A MALLET, I HIT THINGS, THEY DIE guy.
Hammer can get a little more complicated as the monsters start flying/getting bigger and its relatively short range.. In Iceborne its a little better due to the claw.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am trying to decide between the Hammer, the Charge Blade or Light Bow.

Light bowgun is real good right now due to elemental dmg being strong. However Heavy bg has a lot more build variety imo.

Spread hbg is fun as fuck.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Oh shit roll credits on iceborne, time to push beyond.

Fuck these NPCs talking like they did anything, the story is by far the only terrible part of this game.

Did not see that coming...
whole new area post credits.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that gets to me always. Hey guys we all did it! No, you didn't do jack shit. I did all of it, or, SOS'd a few buddies and we did it while you stood by a fire with the rest of the "Leadership" who sit there and eat my recipes from the Canteen you lazy SOB's.

FYI: I got REALLY hooked on Odyssey - rented the X1X version and only got so far, but caught up to that now on PS4 and bought the ultimate edition on sale for 29 bucks with all the content. Sorry it's been pulling me away but I'll be back once I wrap it all up.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok. I just gotta say this. MHW at 90FPS and Freesync on is, fuckin just fantastic. Vaal Hazak especially. This dudes movements are fluid and smooth as fuck. Also I NEVER get hit now. Just wish this monitor had more height, and MHW didn't crop.
aaaaaa.jpg
Clipboard01aa.jpg
gggg.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users