Monster Hunter: World

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I have like 7 hours played and 4 of them are me in the training area fucking with cameras. Probably the same reason I was almost always a healer in WoW, I hate being so close to a huge monster that I don't see shit.

LOL. My entire MMO career has been looking at dragon nuts. This is no different.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Man, I feel like I am getting bullied in this thread.

"Oh YOU have an issue with the camera? NEVER bothered me!"

"REAL MEN look at Dragon Nuts 25/7, we find that extra hour because that is what REAL MEN do!"

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

"REAL MEN look at Dragon Nuts 25/7, we find that extra hour because that is what REAL MEN do!"

I got your back man...camera sucks.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I'm not real clear what the issue is? I get that it doesn't have a true target lock like bloodborne or smth but when you get to the meat of wanting to break stuff like the tail or the head or whatever a center of gravity target lock will fuck that up. Also monsters hip check and shit later so it just would be detrimental.

However I do really wish the piece of shit camera would let you aim then fire in the direction of the targeting reticle as opposes to missing shit because of the damn character not facing where you are firing. Looking at you clutch claw!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I"m on Xbone. Will have to look up my gamertag, been forever since I gave it out.

I'm currently done with the Elder Dragon and now hunting for clues to a ??? Rathian. At what point do I hit the end of the normal game and Iceborne begins? I feel like the Defender gear makes the crafting pointless but up until what point?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I"m on Xbone. Will have to look up my gamertag, been forever since I gave it out.

I'm currently done with the Elder Dragon and now hunting for clues to a ??? Rathian. At what point do I hit the end of the normal game and Iceborne begins? I feel like the Defender gear makes the crafting pointless but up until what point?

It goes into iceborne starter stuff but the pros have used it to clear shit in like 4 mins so yeah. Makes the defender shit seem pretty strong. But you'll reach a point where you just get one shot without defensive shit in your builds. Unless you're a pro who plays perfectly, never gets hit/etc. This is where you'll want set bonuses and stuff.

Kind of lame that defender invalidates it.

The base game, "ends" when you hit XenoJiva. But this isn't a cut and dry end at all so keep on trucking. The first elder was Kirin I recall?
If you have iceborne there will be some dude in town directing you that way.

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
However I do really wish the piece of shit camera would let you aim then fire in the direction of the targeting reticle as opposes to missing shit because of the damn character not facing where you are firing. Looking at you clutch claw!

This actually doesn't work? I don't use it now. But easily see needing it with claw.

Camera 3.jpg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This actually doesn't work? I don't use it now. But easily see needing it with claw.

View attachment 240133

It changes the aiming of the reticle to orient it to the camera yes. But if you are not facing that direction with the claw or something it will not automatically turn you in that direction and fire that way.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It changes the aiming of the reticle to orient it to the camera yes. But if you are not facing that direction with the claw or something it will not automatically turn you in that direction and fire that way.

Well I can see claw being a PITA with mobile weapons.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Getting a male char leveled up on PC prepping for iceborne. Just downed Xeno. God damn this game looks great in ultrawide.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Sticky bomb lbg build with evade reload fucking WRECKS.

• 2Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It goes into iceborne starter stuff but the pros have used it to clear shit in like 4 mins so yeah. Makes the defender shit seem pretty strong. But you'll reach a point where you just get one shot without defensive shit in your builds. This is where you'll want set bonuses and stuff.

Kind of lame that defender invalidates it.

The base game, "ends" when you hit XenoJiva. But this isn't a cut and dry end at all so keep on trucking. The first elder was Kirin I recall?
If you have iceborne there will be some dude in town directing you that way.

Nah, it just seemed like a big story gap between Zorah Magdaros and then what turned out to be the Pink Rathian. Now I"m hunting the Negrigante after exploring the Elder Recess.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am not sure if the Decoration/Guild Alchemy Tickets are a mistake or just for the event. The Steamworks provides so many mats and is so easy to fill up and use that you almost don't need to gather mats at all. Short of for fuel in the damn steamworks... lol

I'm missing a lot of the choice X/X +4 decors but I have nearly all of the +3/+2/+1 ones I could want.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Getting a male char leveled up on PC prepping for iceborne. Just downed Xeno. God damn this game looks great in ultrawide.

Ya I plowed through the base game on PS4 last year and loved it but thinking of buying on PC now to play through the expansion as it sounds pretty great. Interested to see how much better it looks on a high end pc

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wanted to like MHW so much. Something about the game just isn't clicking with me tho.

I see these crazy Japanese players do all sorts of moves and I have trouble just attacking lol

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Ya I plowed through the base game on PS4 last year and loved it but thinking of buying on PC now to play through the expansion as it sounds pretty great. Interested to see how much better it looks on a high end pc
Much. Higher frame rates, better textures. I need to get in on some of the mods. Saw one that had diablo syle loot effects for materials on the ground which would be super nice since by default its easy for them to get lost.

• 2Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
So I accidentally attacked a Bugtrapper. Is there a way to reset them or are they always hostile now?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I wanted to like MHW so much. Something about the game just isn't clicking with me tho.

I see these crazy Japanese players do all sorts of moves and I have trouble just attacking lol

A lot of it is really getting the timing down, it's very odd but once it clicks it gets super fun. Reading this thread I'm starting to want to play some more. Might fire up the PC version later as I bought it but never really played it as I was occupied with something else at the time.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Try all the weapons? I found dual blades or whatever the daggers are called to be super easy to use and fun for a beginner - they made Nergigante completely trivial to me and I had a bit of trouble with him when I first played through the game