Monster Hunter: World

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Downed him solo and then in a group, I was using bow both times. Ripping through his full body with charged charge is crazy strong.

I really like the idea if the horn though and can't wait to see what other horns do. I just hope it is viable end game and I like it enough over the bow.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I felt the same exact way you and Alex are describing. Reading that we were using fully developed toons makes much more sense.

Do you experienced players think we should stick to training mode until we learn basic combos or is there another approach people recommend?

Training mode until you figure out the weapon you like, spend 3-4 minutes practicing the combos in training mode, and then right on to whacking monsters. You're sharp, you'll pick it up quick :)

You can swap weapons in training mode by going to the chest.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Training mode until you figure out the weapon you like, spend 3-4 minutes practicing the combos in training mode, and then right on to whacking monsters. You're sharp, you'll pick it up quick :)

You can swap weapons in training mode by going to the chest.

This. Find a few weapons you feel comfortable with in training mode, practice a bit, and then go fight with those weapons. I would advise not fighting Nergigante and stick to the first 3 quests until you feel confident in your timings because Nergigante will punish your mistakes harder than the other monsters will.

There are a bunch of items in your inventory, the main ones to know are different types of potions, traps, whetstones, and the paralyze/poison knives that you can load. Sure there are other useful items, but if you're feeling overwhelmed just know those.

The accomplishment in this game isn't getting +better gear or #winning, its when you totally destroy a monster because you A. Learned everything about it and B. Mastered your weapon and gear skills. Even after accomplishing A and B you can still get your ass kicked by one or two mistakes.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Kushala has Turf Wars with both Teostra and Nergigante. Nerg wins their's and tosses Kushala's ass away.

Weird the couple times we tried to get Nerg and Kush too fight, Kush always ran away *shrug*

but ya Teo puts up a really good fight for awhile, but then Nerg's spikes start hardening and well game over for that fight, rofl.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Here are some of the people going above and beyond with some of the top speeds for Nergigante. This is definitely not the norm for even a lot of veterans.

I tried to add some variety in weapon types to show that everything is viable:

Bow:

HBG:

Hunting Horn:

Greatsword:

Hammer:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I definitely liked the longsword last night, going to take a deep dive tonight with some buddies and try all of the weapons.

Damn the bow looks sick too

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
This game not being on PC until forever just cost me a lot of money =O

Ended up buying a high end OLED to go with XBox1X and my preorder.

Gonna nerd it up so hard next weekend.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Wow that pro horn was amazing, I like the big barrel timed barrel combo. Tried the Lance and man is it clunky as fuck but love the charging running jump attack. OK yeah pro tier gameplay is crazy strong, that HBG had it staggered almost the entire time.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is there any additional in-game reward for beating the new beta stuff? I already know I'm keeping my preorder so I think I'm going to just wait for release if I won't miss out on anything useful.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Is there any additional in-game reward for beating the new beta stuff? I already know I'm keeping my preorder so I think I'm going to just wait for release if I won't miss out on anything useful.

Yes, there is, similar to the first 3, I think it was an "advanced collection pack" or something like that.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Weird the couple times we tried to get Nerg and Kush too fight, Kush always ran away *shrug*

but ya Teo puts up a really good fight for awhile, but then Nerg's spikes start hardening and well game over for that fight, rofl.

....Did you find somewhere that broke street date?

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I heard the FPS took a nose-dive as of the new beta. Any confirmations on that?

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I have not noticed it in any new spots but the old FPS drops are still there.

Also holy shit:

LOL. HBG may be slightly OP it seems. I have seen two HB do it in speed runs so far. Can someone tell me what the significance of the Fire pit is next to the bombs? I see them shoot the Paratoad with it at the end to set up everything, but why all the fire on the rock?

Edit: Nevermind I googled it. Apparently it is a bug. If a bomb explosion hits a torch pile it does double damage. How do people come up with this shit.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I haven't been this hyped since Diablo 3 beta...

Yeah 5 days can't come fast enough. Any of you want to form up around 6-7 CST on the 26th?

Also, someone should create our... uh Guild or whatever its called multiple people don't create one for everyone to join.