Monster Hunter: World

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Never played any of these but the hype has me interested. Any fun to be had for a typically solo player? Any form of matchmaking?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I can make us a squad unless someone else wants to do it. I'll be on Thursday night for a bit if it is playable at midnight and I'll be streaming at 9am Friday morning.

Never played any of these but the hype has me interested. Any fun to be had for a typically solo player? Any form of matchmaking?

You can have tons of fun solo or multi-player but the game really shines in multi-player. There is usually some form of matchmaking where you pick the monster and some other filters and find a lobby with other people doing the same thing. It may work a little different in MHW.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah 5 days can't come fast enough. Any of you want to form up around 6-7 CST on the 26th?

Also, someone should create our... uh Guild or whatever its called multiple people don't create one for everyone to join.

I'll be picking it up at 10am in Japan on the 26th, which is 5pm on the 25th PST. Is that before it releases in the US?

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider

Beta for MHW was my first MH game ever. Lots of fun even though I suck and just mash buttons. From what I read, the entire game can be played solo or multiplayer. No content is restricted to one or the other.

Last edited:

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Have they given you the option to invert the Y axis yet? I downloaded the beta and kinda quit cause that's just one of the crazy bugaboos I have. I kept trying to look up and something and ended up staring at the ground over and over and couldn't find a way to change it in options.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have they given you the option to invert the Y axis yet? I downloaded the beta and kinda quit cause that's just one of the crazy bugaboos I have. I kept trying to look up and something and ended up staring at the ground over and over and couldn't find a way to change it in options.
Yes I believe you can adjust that once you get into the training grounds or a hunt. It’s in one of the top left menus

Delly

Trakanon Raider

Pretty sure they had that option and the option to change r1 and r2 or L1 and L2.

There were a few good options to change. I changed the camera to target camera and zoomed the camera out, away from my character. I also turned off the radial menu because the old school player in me was struggling with it.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Lots of new leaks showing new armor, zones, monsters, trophy list and more. Pretty exciting.

I won't get into here to avoid spoiling people but its out there on reddit, 4chan, and other places. Beware if you don't want spoilers.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I can make us a squad unless someone else wants to do it. I'll be on Thursday night for a bit if it is playable at midnight and I'll be streaming at 9am Friday morning.

You can have tons of fun solo or multi-player but the game really shines in multi-player. There is usually some form of matchmaking where you pick the monster and some other filters and find a lobby with other people doing the same thing. It may work a little different in MHW.

Yeah go ahead. I probably won't have the game until the afternoon the 26th. Add me at TJTek.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I will be on around 5:30 AM EST when I get out of work. Gave myself a three day weekend so I am going to fiend the shit out of this. Name on PSN is same as here.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm on a 4 day weekend myself :D I'll look into creating a player group and if it's easy I'll post the details here, It should be up well before the game releases in the US. I'll try to lock in Fires of Heaven.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm on a 4 day weekend myself :D I'll look into creating a player group and if it's easy I'll post the details here, It should be up well before the game releases in the US. I'll try to lock in Fires of Heaven.

Game is addicting man, I pre-ordered it after like an hour of playing. It feels like almost a single player MMOs which I love, and it has loot which I love more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user