Monster Hunter: World

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider

More good stuff for new people. Fuck, only time I have ever regretted working 3rd shift, I would be all over this at midnight otherwise.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Well my MH PS4 pro has shipped. Fingers crossed for little to no coil whine. Anyone else with a CUH 7100 ps4 pro experiencing coil whine?

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Well my MH PS4 pro has shipped. Fingers crossed for little to no coil whine. Anyone else with a CUH 7100 ps4 pro experiencing coil whine?

I bought a PS4 Pro recently and mine also has some highfrequency noise when under load and the fan also is annoying in some games. I searched/googled for it and it seems there is a broad spectrum of different problems in this regard

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Out of my house for 3 more weeks due to insurance company renovating house after a leak. No PS4 in loaner house. FeelsBadMan.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I want to swing by Best Buy after work this afternoon and see if the pre order guy will slide me my copy. Otherwise I have dentist tomorrow morning and psychologist after that, so it’ll be like 3:00pm CST before I can start.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Add me on PSN, Man0warr1. Will be playing this a lot after the weekend.

Think I had like 400 hours into Monster Hunter 4U.

Last edited:

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I've played a lot of Monster Hunter but definitely wouldn't say I'm a pro. The "pros" are the ones that do the entire online portion of the game solo.

It's hard to lose a battle as 4 people, so long as you prioritize surviving instead of doing damage.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nice, I can dodge all day so that's good news. I'm going to pay my dues early doing errands and quality time so I can no life this tonight and tomorrow.

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
If anyone wants to add me feel free, psn is proXimiX. I have never played a MH before so I kind of suck from what I could tell in the few hours I spent in beta. However, I ended up getting into the Dauntless beta this week and have been playing that to get a feel for this type of game.

I have a few dumb questions as I only played solo in beta. In group play there is friendly fire correct? Can you hurt your teammate or can you only trip them? Also, I noticed I seemed to trip/stagger myself quite a few times in the beta and I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Is it the terrain that can trip you or is it the monsters abilities?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
If anyone wants to add me feel free, psn is proXimiX. I have never played a MH before so I kind of suck from what I could tell in the few hours I spent in beta. However, I ended up getting into the Dauntless beta this week and have been playing that to get a feel for this type of game.

I have a few dumb questions as I only played solo in beta. In group play there is friendly fire correct? Can you hurt your teammate or can you only trip them? Also, I noticed I seemed to trip/stagger myself quite a few times in the beta and I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Is it the terrain that can trip you or is it the monsters abilities?

You can't hurt others except for specific things like putting a bomb near them, but even then it does little damage. Tripping can be a pretty big deal but they reduced the impact of it in MHW. You still want to be cautious of it.

You shouldn't trip over anything but you may be running out of stamina which can cause you to slow down or fall over. Don't let the stamina bar go to nothing. Monsters can also knock you over or stun you with their roars.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
There is also some areas were the monsters can play around with the actual level, and throw you off balance(Diablos is know for doing this, sense his area is mostly sand) Rathalos/Rathian do this also, most of the time there nest is in a place they can shift around.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Bros, I'm not going to be able to pick this game up soon and I'm dying to try out some Monster Hunter. The 3DS emulator I downloaded to try out Generations sucks balls. What is the cheapest way to get Monster Hunter experience so when I can get the game I won't be fumbling everywhere?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
My kids are really into Monster Hunter Stories on the 3DS. Before I got it for them I watched some reviews and what I thought was cool is that they use the same recipes from Stories through out the franchise and obviously the same creatures etc. Based on that I could see me and my boys getting into MHW or the next version of it in a few years.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Bros, I'm not going to be able to pick this game up soon and I'm dying to try out some Monster Hunter. The 3DS emulator I downloaded to try out Generations sucks balls. What is the cheapest way to get Monster Hunter experience so when I can get the game I won't be fumbling everywhere?

Just fumble along with the Failure Brigade. What could possibly go wrong?

Getting mega hyped guys. Need to assemble my poopsock supplies tomorrow as we have rain all weekend here!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
If you have Wii U than MH3U was an excellent game. Nintendo Switch had MH double cross, which is only in Japanese. Other than that you have to have a 3ds or PSP.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Just fumble along with the Failure Brigade. What could possibly go wrong?

Getting mega hyped guys. Need to assemble my poopsock supplies tomorrow as we have rain all weekend here!
Is it bad that I'm sorta happy my wife will be in bed early tomorrow because she's sick?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I gave in to the hype and bought it despite being mostly terrible at it in the beta.

Denamian on PSN if you don't mind playing with a godawful newbie.