Monster Hunter: World

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is it bad that I'm sorta happy my wife will be in bed early tomorrow because she's sick?

Mine is prescribed Xanax, I just need to order wine with dinner and EZ gaming all night and most of tomorrow.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Bros, I'm not going to be able to pick this game up soon and I'm dying to try out some Monster Hunter. The 3DS emulator I downloaded to try out Generations sucks balls. What is the cheapest way to get Monster Hunter experience so when I can get the game I won't be fumbling everywhere?
CEMU with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (EU version). Get Wii-U usb helper and it pretty much does everything for you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Portable 3rd for PSP( get PPSSPP) runs really great just make sure to grab the English lang patch for the game.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I gave in to the hype and bought it despite being mostly terrible at it in the beta.

Denamian on PSN if you don't mind playing with a godawful newbie.

Me as well, probably won't play until Saturday but hoping that SNS/LS work for me. Tried only insect glaive, hammer, gun lance in beta and all felt really clunky/difficult to me. Should have sunk more time into the other weapons

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm hoping for some drunken shenanigans over the weekend!

Maybe that was where I was going wrong in the beta, I was sober.

I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday night, so at least I have time to try to figure this shit out.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Woke up early, picking up the game in 3 hours.

Been awhile since I was this excited.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
CEMU with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (EU version). Get Wii-U usb helper and it pretty much does everything for you.

Dammit. I did all this, got it all set up, and CEMU is stuck at loading. I haven't had any time to troubleshoot it except for a 2 and a half year old Reddit thread.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Dammit. I did all this, got it all set up, and CEMU is stuck at loading. I haven't had any time to troubleshoot it except for a 2 and a half year old Reddit thread.
Make sure you got the EU version not USA. USA version doesnt work.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Make sure you got the EU version not USA. USA version doesnt work.

I made sure. I think I may need to update graphics packages or something. I literally did no set up in CEMU at all. Just downloaded and tried to go.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
God, there are so many small quality of life improvements. One I just caught on a stream, upgrading armor now requires X amount of points. Armor spheres have a points rating based on their rarity. Now you will no longer have 600 Armor Spheres and 300 Armor Sphere+s that are useless in late game. So much goodness.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone playing on the x box one x? How's the performance? Think I'll be buying PS4 version since no one plays x box for the most part

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Alright, last post before leaving for work. Caught this in one of the streams too. For series veterans this will make more sense. Urgent quests are now gone. To progress the main story you now just do "Assigned" quests, hunting random monsters is now "Optional" quests. There is however still a small quirk. While doing an Assigned quest will progress the main story for everyone in the party, you cannot actually go on that story quest with your group until you launch the quest by yourself solo, watch the unskippable cutscene, then abandon the quest. Once all the players have watched the cut scene, you can relaunch the quest and complete it like normal. No idea why Capcom did it like that, but its better than having to do the quest 4 times, once for every player to get credit.