Monster Hunter: World

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Make sure you go into the settings and fix up the sound, the default options are terrible especially if you are using headphones

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So excited to change the settings and they'll actually stay set unlike the beta.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Alright, last post before leaving for work. Caught this in one of the streams too. For series veterans this will make more sense. Urgent quests are now gone. To progress the main story you now just do "Assigned" quests, hunting random monsters is now "Optional" quests. There is however still a small quirk. While doing an Assigned quest will progress the main story for everyone in the party, you cannot actually go on that story quest with your group until you launch the quest by yourself solo, watch the unskippable cutscene, then abandon the quest. Once all the players have watched the cut scene, you can relaunch the quest and complete it like normal. No idea why Capcom did it like that, but its better than having to do the quest 4 times, once for every player to get credit.

Gaijin Hunter mentioned they did it to avoid story spoiler since I guess people can join the hunt that haven’t seen it yet? Or something to that effect.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I kind of wish they just would say "This is a new monster, would you like to see the cutscene?" Bam. Not perfect, but not annoying either.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I set up the Fires of Heaven and Failure Brigade squads. Not sure if I have to invite you directly or whether you can apply, so I'll be watching this thread and inviting people as I see them.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
I'm going to be very new to this. But I'm hoping I get further than I did in the other ones I've tried.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
So how it seems to work is that I can only invite people to the guild via friend list because they need to be in the same session as me.

You also cannot join a multiplayer session until about 30 minutes into the game (at the point where you have access to the gatherers hub) so once you are there, send me a friend request, I'll invite you and then you can drop again if you want to.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Need character names :)

Edit: Scratch that, looks like the only way to add people is to be invited by a friend, so friend me up on PSN and I'll invite you.

Just added you. Invite pls good sir.

Ah nevermind just saw your post. I'm almost there.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Do you know what the functionality of guild cards are?

I've heard 3 things. For the trophies (confirmed), better drops when you play together (unconfirmed), and possibly their palico can sometimes help in battle.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Going to finish talking to everyone around town, finish a few of the beginning quests, and then go to bed. Gonna spend most of the day playing tomorrow.

I love when games give you a ton of side stuff to do while you're just playing. Research points and bounties are amazing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user