Monster Hunter: World

skylan

Trakanon Raider
This looks interesting, but as I get older (or maybe its just never been my thing or maybe my extra curricular activities while playing impair me) my ability to remember a bunch of button combinations for combos and shit is just not good. Is it worth trying or is your AMP and memorization of button sequences critical to succeeding?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
This looks interesting, but as I get older (or maybe its just never been my thing or maybe my extra curricular activities while playing impair me) my ability to remember a bunch of button combinations for combos and shit is just not good. Is it worth trying or is your AMP and memorization of button sequences critical to succeeding?

As a 30 something, it's really not that bad. Certain weapons are a bit worse about it then others(Charge Blade) but I am finding the Longsword to be pretty easy to understand/use. Has a pretty basic attack combo and it's not as slow as some of the other weapons. It's not like trying to learn combos in a fighting game or something like Devil May Cry, at least.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Heyoooooooooo

PS4 PRO.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

It isn’t particularly combo heavy in the traditional action game / rpg sense of the word. Most weapons have 2-3 basic combos that involve triangle, triangle, triangle, with a circle thrown in there to mix things up.

It is much more about being deliberate with your attacks, positioning, and learning monster behavior. Don’t worry about the pro bros doing super flashy shit.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
First time hunter here, and I spent a solid 45 minutes in character creation followed by another 90 minutes playing with the weapons in the training area. Loving this so far!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
hehe I'm having more fun watching the Twitch stream new player's then playing it myself lol, Anjanath being the pro-troll. But yes the game is most excellent !

Therage

Vyemm Raider
I'm doing the quests to set up the camp now. Feel free to add me to psn. I'd like to join the squad! Begaro is my psn.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Loving this, feel like beta didn’t do a great job introducing new players to the “feel” of the game. Didn’t love beta, but really digging live. Bowgun upgrade to jangras and its wrecking now

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Someone put up a stream so I don't have to watch some random whiny dork on twitch.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Ok I slept a little more than I expected but I'm back on duty now. If you want into the FoH squad send Chysamere on PSN a friend request

Edit: If you get a mass invite from me just ignore it if you're already in the squad :)

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
So playing Co op with a friend on Xbox is really frustrating. Basically can only do the optional quests right now as it won't let you join story quests at the same time unless you're replaying one that you've both already done and expedition doesn't seem to work for us at all. Kind of bummed as the game play is so damn good but really got this for the Co op experience. Hammer spin to win followed by spamming the smash to the face is so satisfying.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
So playing Co op with a friend on Xbox is really frustrating. Basically can only do the optional quests right now as it won't let you join story quests at the same time unless you're replaying one that you've both already done and expedition doesn't seem to work for us at all. Kind of bummed as the game play is so damn good but really got this for the Co op experience. Hammer spin to win followed by spamming the smash to the face is so satisfying.

As long as you see the monsters cutscene, after that you can do it together

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So I go from having a 5 day weekend to having to work every night until next Wed. Hopefully I'll have some time to get a squad invite and try to figure out what the hell I'm doing.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
As long as you see the monsters cutscene, after that you can do it together

Good to know, thanks. Still somewhat baffling to me that it is so much easier to play with random people online versus people on my friends list.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good to know, thanks. Still somewhat baffling to me that it is so much easier to play with random people online versus people on my friends list.
You should be able to join into an Expedition if your friend fired off a SOS Flare, just do a search for that on the quest board.

skylan

Trakanon Raider
As a 30 something, it's really not that bad. Certain weapons are a bit worse about it then others(Charge Blade) but I am finding the Longsword to be pretty easy to understand/use. Has a pretty basic attack combo and it's not as slow as some of the other weapons. It's not like trying to learn combos in a fighting game or something like Devil May Cry, at least.

Yeah the fighting game combos were my concern, the games look cool but I don't have the time or desire to learn all the moves. Even the new shadows of war game is a bit much for me at some points. I play reaction type games like rocket league or FPS pretty well but when you throw a billion different moves at me I'm like a dog staring at a tv screen blankly. Thanks for the reply guys. I'm going to pick it up today.