Monster Hunter: World

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I've never been hit by his fire attacks. Do his regular attacks count as fire also?

Its literally just a chomp from around a corner and I'm dead. Not even the one that grabs you.

Shouldn't be happening. Two shot yes. One shot no. Get more defense on your armor I guess.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anj is what Im just now starting to struggle with, too. First time Ive ever died, and Ive died three times to him now. I thought I was going about it the right way, getting the correct gear with fire resists and the correct gear to hit for high elemental water damage. But honestly, the fire isnt even an issue. Its when he just melee's my ass. He jumps, and if he lands close (doesnt even touch me, proximity stun) - Im stunned and then "CHOMP!" I think Im going to equip my highest defense gear and have a go at him in a little while when I dont have a stress headache from that asshole. lol

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Anj is what Im just now starting to struggle with, too. First time Ive ever died, and Ive died three times to him now. I thought I was going about it the right way, getting the correct gear with fire resists and the correct gear to hit for high elemental water damage. But honestly, the fire isnt even an issue. Its when he just melee's my ass. He jumps, and if he lands close (doesnt even touch me, proximity stun) - Im stunned and then "CHOMP!" I think Im going to equip my highest defense gear and have a go at him in a little while when I dont have a stress headache from that asshole. lol

If you want to hold off like 20 minutes I'll come join ya!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I saw that quest completion seems to give a fuck ton of monster parts compared to MH4U. Tell me that there are still weapons/armor that take rare parts. I remember grinding Iodrone heads (fucking 8% chance only if you broke the crest) so long that I could kill that bitch in 3 min flat. I like that kind of thing.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Just beat Anj, basically kited his ass around the map with the bow. If you are getting one shot, there is an item you can craft that boosts your max health. Can't remember the name atm though... Beat him with 3 minutes left, was intense and depleted pretty much all the items I had. Literally threw everything I had at him.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
People getting one or two shot by Anj, is your armor at least alloy or better and fully upgraded? Bear in mind that after he's about half dead he starts using fire and pretty much all the high defense armor you have access to now has negative fire resist though. Either git gud at dodging it or farm Kadachi parts.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
People getting one or two shot by Anj, is your armor at least alloy or better and fully upgraded? Bear in mind that after he's about half dead he starts using fire and pretty much all the high defense armor you have access to now has negative fire resist though. Either git gud at dodging it or farm Kadachi parts.

It is like you didn't even read what was posted.

• 1Worf

Vorph

No, I read it. I'm assuming that if you're getting one shot by him that you probably haven't gotten to the point where he really goes nuts with fire attacks since you have to damage it quite a before before that. I only mentioned it because all the good defense armor except Pukei Pukei and Kadachi has negative fire, so if you want to be protected from the phys damage you have to be careful about not getting set on fire later on. That wasn't the important part anyway, I was mainly asking if you've upgraded your armor to rank 4. Personally I didn't feel like farming Kadachi, that fight was annoying enough the first time and I'm not looking forward to doing it again. After the initial capture I could only make kadachi gloves, so for the rest just used a mix of alloy, barroth, and jyura. I did upgrade everything to max though, that make a huge difference in defense.

Also, use one of the canteen buffs that gives 20+8 extra hp. And when you're not getting one-shot, sushifish scales are your friend. They heal for a lot and take a fraction of the time to eat compared to a mega potion. Max potions are good too since they not only heal but give a +hp buff.

Vorph

Anyone else notice that quest preparation is a shitload faster while PSN is fucked up and you have to play offline? Kind of annoying since I play solo anyway and there doesn't seem to be an option to force it offline when the servers are working. I suppose I could pull the network cable, but that's a pain in the ass.

Alternatively, it could be that my SSHD has loaded the game enough times now to have set up its cache and it has nothing to do with online vs. offline.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else notice that quest preparation is a shitload faster while PSN is fucked up and you have to play offline? Kind of annoying since I play solo anyway and there doesn't seem to be an option to force it offline when the servers are working. I suppose I could pull the network cable, but that's a pain in the ass.

Alternatively, it could be that my SSHD has loaded the game enough times now to have set up its cache and it has nothing to do with online vs. offline.

So I just did a capture jyrua mission and never once saw a skull icon on the map. I did see a flashing red u shaped icon on the monsters map icon. Is that what you meant?

I have seen the skull icon on other hunts though. Do you know what the difference is?

Vorph

Red eye seems to just be an aggro/in-combat notifier. Not sure about missing skull, I've only fought a jyura once in the main story but I did capture it. I'm pretty sure it had a skull icon, if it didn't then I would probably have killed it by accident since that's the only thing I look for now.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you want to hold off like 20 minutes I'll come join ya!

We took off for lunch and just now got back. Ill take you up on that if I decide to the throw in the towel haha! If you do farm anything though, shoot me your PSN name. Mine is "Audacious93c" and Daidraco within the game.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
For Anjanath I just needed to get my defense up to around 70. I think that stopped the two hit KO stuff, carted once on his quest due to getting blasted by his fire attack I didn't see coming.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Red eye seems to just be an aggro/in-combat notifier. Not sure about missing skull, I've only fought a jyura once in the main story but I did capture it. I'm pretty sure it had a skull icon, if it didn't then I would probably have killed it by accident since that's the only thing I look for now.
The skull only appears if you have max tracking level on a monster. So 3 stars at the ecology guy. Also shows when they are hungry, it's a mini deviljho head doing a chomping motion.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn, trying to upgrade a Kulu Bow to rank 2 is aggravating. I have all I need except for what appears to be a Scale. I had thought it would be from Paolumu, it even has the identical icon for its Scale (pure white, not grey). Has anyone seen a case of two monsters having identical material icons, or a monster having two of the same icons?

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Just picked this up, liking smashing things with the hammer. The running spin cracks me up when the other hunter says to be careful because there are a bunch of those lizards around. Nope, hold my beer, i am charging straight into thr middle and spinning like a madman. Also the circle circle circle combo smashing heads and those land catfish, lol.

Psn is narbleton, character is yimmien. I always try to make my characters look as goofy as possible for cutscenes. Too bad i tried really hard and still couldnt to ME:A girl.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Damn, trying to upgrade a Kulu Bow to rank 2 is aggravating. I have all I need except for what appears to be a Scale. I had thought it would be from Paolumu, it even has the identical icon for its Scale (pure white, not grey). Has anyone seen a case of two monsters having identical material icons, or a monster having two of the same icons?
I just checked my tree. Radobaan scale. Comes from Rotten Vale. And yes overlapping colors is common.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just checked my tree. Radobaan scale. Comes from Rotten Vale. And yes overlapping colors is common.
Just saw that too. I plan on going down the Kulu tree to get the Blast Bow (eventually), but using Pulsar Bows (need some type of Coral from the Coral Highlands).