Monster Hunter: World

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uncharted 1 should be erased from existence. I dodge to cover.... in to the middle of the room....

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Utnayan Utnayan

I'll consider it once I slog through some other stuff. Recently beat Persona 5 which was really just fantastic once I got past the lol 12 hour tutorial. Although not without it's faults. Original Sin 2 and Cuphead are next up!

I love Persona 5 but the game is so damn long. Haha. I am 35 hours in and not passed the second boss yet.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Had no exposure to this Arekkz guy prior to these MHW videos and generally YouTube stuff irritates the shit outta me... but his videos are really good. Like 8 - 10m a piece, completely focused on getting the point and content across, and not a lot (or any) rambling and side BS.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It's how all his videos are, his streams are more just playing games and talking with fans, guy does a great job.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Uncharted is one of the best game series I've ever played. It's so good it's worth buying a PS4 for in my opinion. 2 is my favorite but 4 is very good as well. The story and characters are all really top notch and the voice actors are fantastic.

Anyway I think I might buy this installment of Monster Hunter (which will be my first time playing any of them) and am deciding if I want to get it for PS4 or wait for PC. We should start a poll of who plans on buying it for which platform to help those of us who are more indecisive make a decision.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How much difference will the size of the playerbase make? Do we know? From the descriptions of coop I've read in this thread it doesn't seem like it's even a necessity to play and advance your character.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
It generally doesn't matter if you play with friends yeah. Meant more for random pickup stuff if I couldn't find anyone. If it's like older MH games most everything should be soloable, just takes more time.

Edit: I also don't 100% trust japanese devs with PC ports either, some are better then others but you never really know heh.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's not even the devs it really depends on the game itself, since for some they'll have x company port it and for another y company and shit like that. The port of Dragon's Dogma was really good though for example(well mostly, as usual there's still some stuff you want to find mods for) so that's a good sign, but they could just not put as much effort into this one and release a piece of shit instead, so will have to wait for that. The main issue is not having a release date, that sucks, hopefully they announce it soon-ish. Since I have an old PS4 and no SSD in it cause I don't really play my playstation enough to warrant additional investment, I'll stick to the PC release for now though.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The current PC games for the MH series all run great, MH:Frontier(almost 10years old) runs great, look up videos on MH:Frontier Z if you want too see (the Gore/Shagaru Magala fights are fucking nuts)

MH:O looks great and I bet is the same engine(Crytek) there using for World

I'll probably get both PS4 and PC versions haha

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Auto-crafting and the radial wheel for crafting are going to be amazing QOL changes.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider

New Area: Rotten Vale
Four new monsters, including one that looks to be our new Deviljho, since he is shown destroying everything he comes up against throughout the video.

Also, PS4 beta from Dec. 9th to 12th for PS+ subscribers.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am really legit excited for this game. I was never able to get into a MH before, mainly due to not being a fan of portables or the Wii, so it will be mostly a first (tried one on the PSP but could not get used to that thing's size).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
So for anyone else who is a super nerd like me, apparently there was a pastebin posted that had all of the monster names for the game. It got posted to reddit then immediately taken down. It had predicted the names of the four monsters shown in the Rotten Vale Trailer 5 days before it's release.

リオレイア Rathian

リオレイア亜種 Pink Rathian

リオレウス Rathalos

リオレウス亜種 Azure Rathalos

ディアブロス Diablos

ディアブロス亜種 Black Diablos

キリン Kirin

キリン亜種 Oroshi Kirin

クシャルダオラ Kushala Daora

ナナ・テスカトリ Lunastra

テオ・テスカトル Teostra

ヴォルガノス Lavasioth

イビルジョー Deviljho

ボルボロス Barroth

ウラガンキン Uragaan

アルバトリオン Alatreon

アンジャナフ Anjanath

ドスジャグラス Great Jagras

プケプケ Pukei-Pukei

ネルギガンテ Nergigante

ゼノ・ジーヴァ Xeno'jiiva

ゾラ・マグダラオス Zorah Magdaros

クルルヤック Kulu-Ya-Ku

ジュラトドス Jyuratodus

トビカガチ Tobi-Kadachi

パオウルム Paolumu

レイギエナ Legiana

ドスギルオス Great Girros

オドガロン Odogaron

ラドバルキン Radobaan

ヴァルハザク Vaal Hazak

ドドガマル Dodogama

財宝ドラゴン

バゼルギウス Bazelgeuse

ツィツィヤック Tzitzi-Ya-Ku

ジャグラス Jagras

メルノス Mernos

ケストドン Kestodon

ガジャウ Gajau

ラフィノス Raphinos

シャムオス Shamos

バルノス Barnos

ギルオス Girros

ガストドン Gastodon

ノイオス Noios

The 10 at the bottom past Tzitzi-Ya-Ku are small monsters. 34 Large Monsters total.