Monster Hunter: World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah my internet went down until like 10pm last night. Did you get the Kirin or are on it to kill him now?

I just have the quest. I am going to use it to farm up a bunch of tempered investigations later.

Also got my Legiana Bow and Legiana Longsword for my Ice Ice Baby build. Only a few more weapons I want!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just have the quest. I am going to use it to farm up a bunch of tempered investigations later.

Also got my Legiana Bow and Legiana Longsword for my Ice Ice Baby build. Only a few more weapons I want!

Just kill the Kirin, its much much easier alone to solo. I used one entire attempt but the second time it was EZ mode, just have to be patient which is hard for an autist like me wanting to push buttons.

The investigations come en masse, once you join up some of the elder dragons tonight you'll get a good amount of them from breaking parts and killing them alone. Plus the 50 minute quests you can just join and we go afk 10 minutes while the dragon leaves tracks all over. They arent agro so you can walk around their areas and get a ton of prints. Fuck doing that 1 clue per zone nonsense, thats the slow way homie :)

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
So I'm stuck on Diablos.

PUGs are terrible LOL!

I'll try him solo tonight, but wiped group after group and fast too.

Get fucked noobs!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I'm stuck on Diablos.

PUGs are terrible LOL!

I'll try him solo tonight, but wiped group after group and fast too.

Get fucked noobs!

Want some help? Lance makes him a joke just so you know.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Not going for Daora's Bow? The extra gem slots make it pretty versatile, its my go-to ice bow.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Been leveling story mode to help friend and have been trying out non hammer weapons finally.

I think I'm starting to love lance. Once I got over the lack of mobility (aside from chasing down limping monster with charge!) it makes fights so calm and safe. I built out a 100% affinity when hitting weak spots w/ odogaron white sharpness lance for when we get him to high rank.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can't decide if Daora is better than Legia. Elemental damage is really strong for bows and I'm not sure that ~20 raw and 2 decorations makes up for losing an assload of ice rating.

I have an even harder time deciding between Anja Arch and Rathslinger too. At least dragon element is a no-brainer (Hazak Velos) and water/thunder don't have any options.

Edit: It's also worth noting that some knowledgeable people (Arekkz, for one) recommend using the Hazak bow vs. all elder dragons due to the elderseal effect more than making up for the fact that only Vaal has *** weakness to dragon.

Last edited:

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Nerg bow seems useless, going to roll back the upgrade and get my mats back as I haven't upgraded to the final version.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't decide if Daora is better than Legia. Elemental damage is really strong for bows and I'm not sure that ~20 raw and 2 decorations makes up for losing an assload of ice rating.

I have an even harder time deciding between Anja Arch and Rathslinger too. At least dragon element is a no-brainer (Hazak Velos) and water/thunder don't have any options.

Edit: It's also worth noting that some knowledgeable people (Arekkz, for one) recommend using the Hazak bow vs. all elder dragons due to the elderseal effect more than making up for the fact that only Vaal has *** weakness to dragon.
I find the extra gem slots allows me to use all the Skills I want for the crit element build.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Beat Diablos. Thanks for the lance tip TJT TJT .

Also would like an invite to forum Squad: synge13.

Anyone else have issues matchmaking? I can create an online session but I always have trouble joining one.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Beat Diablos. Thanks for the lance tip TJT TJT .

Also would like an invite to forum Squad: synge13.

Anyone else have issues matchmaking? I can create an online session but I always have trouble joining one.

The online session system works in a really bizarre way. You just need to be in an online session to be able to join other quests and stuff. If you're in a squad session you can easily see when someone else posts a quest and join it. But you also need to be in any online session to join SOS.

Got my Ice Ice Baby base set worked out (bow and longsword). Now on to finally finish all my quests and shit and do tempereds for the sweet gems and augmentations. Then wait for DLC like everything else.

I've been testing my Zorah Magda Floga vs Pandemonium's Root hammers and I am pretty sure that Pandemonium does significantly more damage overall when compared to the Zorah hammer.

But both are still perfectly viable and the blast hammer is just sweet. Not sure if it does indeed break more components faster. I seem to break plenty of things just fine with the Pandemonium hammer too.

Last edited:

Vorph

I've been testing my Zorah Magda Floga vs Pandemonium's Root hammers and I am pretty sure that Pandemonium does significantly more damage overall when compared to the Zorah hammer.

But both are still perfectly viable and the blast hammer is just sweet. Not sure if it does indeed break more components faster. I seem to break plenty of things just fine with the Pandemonium hammer too.
No non-elemental boost gem? All the math I've seen puts raw so far ahead for every slow weapon that there's no real point to making anything but the Diablos one (Jagras in the case of GS), provided you have that decoration.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No non-elemental boost gem? All the math I've seen puts raw so far ahead for every slow weapon that there's no real point to making anything but the Diablos one (Jagras in the case of GS), provided you have that decoration.

Looks like I get to make a third hammer! So explain non-elemental boose gem to me. I took it at face value and thought it would only apply to weapons that didn't have elemental damage on them.

Are you telling me that it applies to the non-elemental damage of a weapon independent of the weapon's elemental damage?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like I get to make a third hammer! So explain non-elemental boose gem to me. I took it at face value and thought it would only apply to weapons that didn't have elemental damage on them.

Are you telling me that it applies to the non-elemental damage of a weapon independent of the weapon's elemental damage?
It only works on weapons where the Element is locked (greyed out in parentheses), or has no Element at all.

Vorph

No, your first thought is exactly what it does. You take the Diablos weapon (which has highest raw and no element as long as you don't equip a Free Element gem), slap Weakness Exploit 3 on to negate the affinity penalty, then Attack Boost 4+ and whatever else you like. Hammer can probably get away with pure damage stuff, while charge blade needs the 6th vial, artillery for max SAED damage, etc. GS loves Maximum Might, that's about all I know about it besides Jagras being best when Diablos doesn't exist (until G-rank I guess).

Since elemental damage is per-hit and does basically the same amount of extra damage whether you're using dual blades or a GS, raw with non-elemental boost stomps the shit out of it when the weapon is super slow.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No, your first thought is exactly what it does. You take the Diablos weapon (which has highest raw and no element as long as you don't equip a Free Element gem), slap Weakness Exploit 3 on to negate the affinity penalty, then Attack Boost 4+ and whatever else you like. Hammer can probably get away with pure damage stuff, while charge blade needs the 6th vial, artillery for max SAED damage, etc. GS loves Maximum Might, that's about all I know about it besides Jagras being best when Diablos doesn't exist (until G-rank I guess).

Since elemental damage is per-hit and does basically the same amount of extra damage whether you're using dual blades or a GS, raw with non-elemental boost stomps the shit out of it when the weapon is super slow.

Then why does diablos shatterer II have ice damage on the tree?